IGNORED

Do you believe in any Christian themed near death experiences?

Ervin P

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Christian themed?  What does that even mean?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

6 hours ago, Knotical said:

Christian themed?  What does that even mean?

The experiences that have some sort of encounter with Jesus Christ. Or who they believe to be Jesus Christ.

Edited by Ervin P
To ad the second sentence

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

On 5/19/2020 at 8:49 AM, Ervin P said:

I used to believe in so called near death experiences. A lots of people say that they met Jesus in those experiences.

Do any of you think they are genuine experiences and do they point to truth?

Thanks

I don't necessarily believe as such...  But I'm not opposed to the possibility.

Which may sound contradictory, but I tend to think about it like this...

We know already that G-d does reveal himself in dreams.  I wager most all Christians admit that much.  We know that many people from the Middle East, particularly Muslims tend to have a conversion experience involving dreams.

And we also know that Bible says clearly that G-d will reveal himself in visions.  We know several people who say they have had visions, and they are very believable.

So then we get to near death experiences.  What is a near death experience really?   Could it not be anything more than a vision that you have when you are close to death?   What is it exactly?  Is it a dream induced by physically be near death?

I've had dreams caused by being sleep deprived, that were entirely real from my point of view.  I thought I was talking to people, and having conversations, that never happened.

So I guess I'm of the opinion, why would near death experiences be off limits to G-d?  Who am I to say otherwise?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

there's a book called Heaven is For Real,  it's about a boy who went to heaven & then came back,  there was also a movie about it too

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,467
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/5/2020 at 8:28 AM, Ervin P said:

Thanks Denis. I haven’t met anyone personally, but I have known someone whose father apparently had an NDE. 

Like you said, I have seen stories of atheists turning believers in God/Christ.

I don’t think every Christian agrees with them. Now if they are not genuine experiences, then what are they?

Thanks 

I think it's another one of those mystery's we won't know until we get to Heaven? I think the official medical definition of death is brain death, when the brain ceases all electrical / chemical activity? I don't recall many professed Christians having stated they had a NDE but, I watched a video on Youtube by a Bill Wiese titled, "23 Minutes in Hell". It was interesting enough I bought his video [free on Youtube] and his book [I've yet to read his book]. 

I worked with a guy whom had a NDE. He never would tell anyone he worked with what he experienced and saw but, it was more than evident, whatever it was, it changed his personality and conduct even for the casual observer. We do know there are no human ghosts wondering around when they die. 2 Corinthians 5:8 (KJV) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord

Therefore, one would have to surmise that a persons soul has not departed their body? But many verified testimonies suggest the only way they could have seen the physical things they reported [items and things inside drop ceilings, inaccessible roofs, etc.] was, by being out of body? 

Ephesians 6:12 (KJV) For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Could this also be a last battle for the soul at this point???