IGNORED

Was it law that people died for their own sin?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

You have it correct. All are resurrected on the last day, babies etc come under the heading 'no one dies/is judged for another's sins'. That means they are not judged.

Looking at church history and especially the influential Augustinian crap, you can see why Calvin and Luther like the inherited guilt idea. It gave them control over the masses that could not readily read scriptures for themselves. Add to that Jerome's ideas and translation errors in the Vulgate and we have a nice demonic train of perpetual guilt trips from the pulpit. They still teach some of this in seminaries today. Sad.

What I tried to ask was: Next to a sinful nature, did we also inherited "death" because of Adam's sin?
Because, innocent babies do die. And bible says, wages of sin is death. If babies don't sin... no death would be the logic answer.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

11 hours ago, Wesley L said:

What I tried to ask was: Next to a sinful nature, did we also inherited "death" because of Adam's sin?
Because, innocent babies do die. And bible says, wages of sin is death. If babies don't sin... no death would be the logic answer.

We inherit physical death. We do not inherit guilt. Spiritual death is a 'God thing' and He is in charge of that. It is God that ultimately 'kills the Soul/Spirit' as it is written...  do not fear him that can kill only the body.. etc.

So the wage of Adam's sin is death. Correct. All will die, but from God's perspective that is irrelevant since He is not physical in our way. However, He can re-birth us spiritually (the first resurrection) and our physical bodies have to follow on that event.

Babie die, as do we all, and out spirits go to be with 'the Father of Spirits'.  It is a 'non-time' event, so it is hard to envisage.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

19 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

We inherit physical death. We do not inherit guilt. Spiritual death is a 'God thing' and He is in charge of that. It is God that ultimately 'kills the Soul/Spirit' as it is written...  do not fear him that can kill only the body.. etc.

So the wage of Adam's sin is death. Correct. All will die, but from God's perspective that is irrelevant since He is not physical in our way. However, He can re-birth us spiritually (the first resurrection) and our physical bodies have to follow on that event.

Babie die, as do we all, and out spirits go to be with 'the Father of Spirits'.  It is a 'non-time' event, so it is hard to envisage.

• We are not guilty because of Adam's sin.
  • We have inherited a sinful nature + physical death.
  • We are responsible for our own sins.
  • The wages of sin is spiritual death? Spiritual death = to be separated from God, correct?

And through faith in Christ we are reunited with God and counted as righteous.

Topic question was:"Was it law that people died for their own sin?"
People die for their own sin is because they have sinned against a righteous and holy God. The law only shows them their sins. The law doesn't cause sin.
People see that they have a bad haircut because of a poorly skilled barber. The mirror only shows them the results. The mirror doesn't cause the bad haircut.

Edited by Wesley L

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

5 minutes ago, Wesley L said:

The mirror only shows them the results. The mirror doesn't cause the bad haircut.

Good analagy.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 5/24/2020 at 11:26 AM, Open7 said:

Was it a law that people died for their own sin?

I figure that it wasn’t, because Jesus died for the sins of others.

The reason I am asking is because when David sinned for taking the census, 70,000 men were killed by the angel of the lord. Also, David’s son died because of David’s sin.

In 1 Chronicles 21:17 David questions God why they 70,000 had to die and not him.

Can anyone help me on this?

I suppose the 70,000 people rebelled and needed to be punished and i am sure that God gave them time and circumstances to change and repent. He has to, otherwise it wouldnt be fair. People are responsible for their own actions.