Mike Mclees

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

In the world value is often measured by the  price we put on it. It could be power of position or rank, importance. Possessions are symbols of pride and ambition. These are the things that give us a sense of  reason or purpose. We value these things, but if we did not strive for these things why are we here? What reason do we have?. Jesus Told the rich young ruler sell all you have and follow me.

Most gain wisdom with age. Lets say you have worked hard all your life and feel you earned all that you have. In the parable of the successful farmer who gain so much goods he had to tare down his all his old barns so to make bigger ones. One day sitting on his porch with his feet kicked up he said to himself I finally  have enough to retire and live out my life in comfort. Then and angel came to him seeing the pride in himself. He told the farmer you are a fool because this day your soul is required of thee. What was wrong. All that he had was now worthless. Was it because he worked hard and was successful ?

It says that God the Father owns the cattle of a thousand hills. This was just a way of saying he had no need for wealth for he made all that we see. Why couldn't the rich Ruler sell all and follow Christ. Security is the word that comes to my mind. Isn't that what the world seeks after? This is a loaded question. Here is where the rubber meets the road.

First look to the great poverty in the world. I watch a documentary last night about Seattle Washington. I have never been there but thought what a great place to vacation. I thought of all he beauty but it was all a nightmare. What I saw turned my stomach. Streets lined with tents side by side and garbage everywhere. quit literally it was toilet. Police had a useless job. If they arrested someone he was only realest  the next day to do it all over again. How can these things happen?  Thw whole thing was out of control because city government would not spend the money to clean it up. Now see all this on a world scale.   Mr Gates thinks he is the man of the hour. This is only the tip of the iceberg . Wealth, power and influence. Hmm! There is more to all this so hang out.

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,955
  • Content Per Day:  3.04
  • Days Won:  1

Every body wants to rule the world.

1 hour ago, R. Hartono said:

Every body wants to rule the world.

Understood except for one. Me!

Actually this is not what I'm getting at. What motivates fleshly man with all the desires instilled in him since he was created as apposed to Christ  who tells us to leave  everything to follow Him so why then are we here.? I do understand that we are 0self motivate00d, Just want some feed back. 

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,955
  • Content Per Day:  3.04
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Understood except for one. Me!

I hope so.

Many people in the neighbourhood shows the symptoms "to rule the world", pointing fingers at people like a judge just because they hear some rumours..

13 hours ago, Sally555 said:

Seattle has some of the most progressive Program concerning getting Housing for the Homeless, The Homeless have heard of this and Flock here.

I myself would be homeless if not for the progressive laws of Seattle.

I became not homeless because of LIHI Low Income Housing Institute, I think they have changed there name, It is in Seattle.

They got me into transitional Housing, where you can live 2 years and pay 1/3 of your income in rent.  During this time they got me in contact with Case Managers that had me Apply for all low Income Housing.

Both Seattle Low Income and I hit the Federal Lottery for Section 8, came in at the same time about 6 mouths left in my transitional housing, I choose Section 8,

Without which I WOULD BE HOMELESS.

The reason WHY there are so many homeless upon the streets of Seattle, is Because Seattle Houses the Homeless.

It might take 3 years, but they are signed up for Housing.

Many Homeless having heard this have come to Seattle.

Thank you for that if I am misinformed. How ever I used it only for an example. Jesus said the poor would always be with us. He said that to defend a women for using very expensive oil to anoint Him. Jesus didn't even have a pillow to lay his head. The Pharisees thought they were blessed of God because they had wealth. It is our value system that is my question. Even the poor amongst us would be corrupted if they  suddenly became wealthy Can you understand that. Why did Jesus tell the rich ruler to sell all he had to come and follow Him. Jesus taught that to follow him would cost them everything. 

Don't go away there is more.  Because of the content many may move on.  

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/19/1982

21 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

In the world value is often measured by the  price we put on it. It could be power of position or rank, importance. Possessions are symbols of pride and ambition. These are the things that give us a sense of  reason or purpose. We value these things, but if we did not strive for these things why are we here? What reason do we have?. Jesus Told the rich young ruler sell all you have and follow me.

Most gain wisdom with age. Lets say you have worked hard all your life and feel you earned all that you have. In the parable of the successful farmer who gain so much goods he had to tare down his all his old barns so to make bigger ones. One day sitting on his porch with his feet kicked up he said to himself I finally  have enough to retire and live out my life in comfort. Then and angel came to him seeing the pride in himself. He told the farmer you are a fool because this day your soul is required of thee. What was wrong. All that he had was now worthless. Was it because he worked hard and was successful ?

It says that God the Father owns the cattle of a thousand hills. This was just a way of saying he had no need for wealth for he made all that we see. Why couldn't the rich Ruler sell all and follow Christ. Security is the word that comes to my mind. Isn't that what the world seeks after? This is a loaded question. Here is where the rubber meets the road.

First look to the great poverty in the world. I watch a documentary last night about Seattle Washington. I have never been there but thought what a great place to vacation. I thought of all he beauty but it was all a nightmare. What I saw turned my stomach. Streets lined with tents side by side and garbage everywhere. quit literally it was toilet. Police had a useless job. If they arrested someone he was only realest  the next day to do it all over again. How can these things happen?  Thw whole thing was out of control because city government would not spend the money to clean it up. Now see all this on a world scale.   Mr Gates thinks he is the man of the hour. This is only the tip of the iceberg . Wealth, power and influence. Hmm! There is more to all this so hang out.

People value different things, doesn't have to be money and power. Also, there is nothing wrong with having a little pride in what you do as long as you don't take it too far but I do get what you were getting at. The rich person wouldn't come with Jesus for the same reason the man couldn't abandon his family, even to bury his father because they weren't ready to let go. Most people are terrified of death for various reasons. True, it's fear of the unknown but it's actually the letting go of earthly attachments and the fear of being forgotten. If Jesus Christ himself appeared before you and ask you to come with him right at the moment regardless of what was going on, be it your wedding, the birth of your child, getting a big promotion, 110 year old Uncle Leo wants to talk to you before he goes with Jesus himself, etc. Would you go with him?

Poverty can be blamed for a lot of things, politicians, political parties, but there are more than a few variables on why homelessness and poverty are getting out of hand. Higher populations, more people than jobs, many people just don't want to work and think they can make a living panhandling, there are also economic conditions to consider, The cost of living keeps on going up as the pay rate doesn't and in most cases can't keep up with it so it boils down to the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. The middle class is almost none existent. 

38 minutes ago, Jason Yzaguirre said:

People value different things, doesn't have to be money and power. Also, there is nothing wrong with having a little pride in what you do as long as you don't take it too far but I do get what you were getting at. The rich person wouldn't come with Jesus for the same reason the man couldn't abandon his family, even to bury his father because they weren't ready to let go. Most people are terrified of death for various reasons. True, it's fear of the unknown but it's actually the letting go of earthly attachments and the fear of being forgotten. If Jesus Christ himself appeared before you and ask you to come with him right at the moment regardless of what was going on, be it your wedding, the birth of your child, getting a big promotion, 110 year old Uncle Leo wants to talk to you before he goes with Jesus himself, etc. Would you go with him?

Poverty can be blamed for a lot of things, politicians, political parties, but there are more than a few variables on why homelessness and poverty are getting out of hand. Higher populations, more people than jobs, many people just don't want to work and think they can make a living panhandling, there are also economic conditions to consider, The cost of living keeps on going up as the pay rate doesn't and in most cases can't keep up with it so it boils down to the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. The middle class is almost none existent. 

Now we are getting to my  point, But not all  of it. Bare with me . 

18 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

Now we are getting to my  point, But not all  of it. Bare with me . 

Oh I know where you getting to but don't worry, I wasn't going to spoil it. :) 

2 minutes ago, Jason Yzaguirre said:

Oh I know where you getting to but don't worry, I wasn't going to spoil it. :) 

We will see. I'm going to shift gears a little now. I'm going back to Geneses but only for Adam and Eve. God said he created man and women, but he did not say how he did it. In fact no one knows how we were made. One might say  let there be man and there he was. In a sense that could be but it is far to complicated than that. Go to Harvard Medical and study our anatomy  right down to the smallest molecule. Now lets think about how we see, and think. Our character  and individual personality. The Good the evil. our motor skills that lets us do multiple tasks simultaneously.  If we did not have a brain what would we be Nothing but useless trash. I'm tired now but here in the morning.  Are we still on the samee wave length ?  

26 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

We will see. I'm going to shift gears a little now. I'm going back to Geneses but only for Adam and Eve. God said he created man and women, but he did not say how he did it. In fact no one knows how we were made. One might say  let there be man and there he was. In a sense that could be but it is far to complicated than that. Go to Harvard Medical and study our anatomy  right down to the smallest molecule. Now lets think about how we see, and think. Our character  and individual personality. The Good the evil. our motor skills that lets us do multiple tasks simultaneously.  If we did not have a brain what would we be Nothing but useless trash. I'm tired now but here in the morning.  Are we still on the samee wave length ?  

You told me you shifted gears, so clearly you want us on different pages? lol

But yes, believe it or not I know where you are getting at.