• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,087
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

25 minutes ago, David1701 said:

There is no such thing as a homosexual "Christian", just as there are no rapist Christians or paedophile Christians or serial killer Christians.

1 Cor. 6:9 (ESV) Or do you not know that the unrighteous  will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,

1 Tim. 1:8-10 (ESV)

8 Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it lawfully,
9 understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers,
10 the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine,

I agree that there is no such thing as a  practicing gay Christian.   I am using one of their simplest arguments for others to learn how to respond.    Thus the link to a free book online and list of other good books that respond.

Edited by Daniel Marsh

• Group:  Diamond Member

26 minutes ago, furrychristian said:

I'm also an artist. I don't yet know how I would handle being asked to draw a gay couple. 

I guess I've sorta backed myself into a corner in that sense, as I'm open about my sexuality on my art account. I would have a hard time explaining.

Welcome Collie.

I welcome gay people to the church, but do not affirm the practice of the behavior.    In First John it says that Christians do not continue living a lifestyle of sin.   Paul writes that those born of the Spirit are to walk in the Spirit thus not satisfying the wimms of the flesh.  So, I will join you in prayer to live a life pleasing to God.  One must ask Jesus every day to be filled with the Holy Spirit.    Yes, the HS does live inside Christians.   It is simply an act of will to ask God for the power to live a godly life.  Paul tells us to be filled with the Spirit.

Hosea 6:6For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

2 Peter 1 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
1 Greetings from Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ.

To all of you who share in the same valuable faith that we have. This faith was given to us because our God and Savior Jesus Christ always does what is good and right.

2 Grace and peace be given to you more and more, because now you know God and Jesus our Lord.

God Has Given Us Everything We Need
3 Jesus has the power of God. And his power has given us everything we need to live a life devoted to God. We have these things because we know him. Jesus chose us by his glory and goodness, 4 through which he also gave us the very great and rich gifts that he promised us. With these gifts you can share in being like God. And so you will escape the ruin that comes to people in the world because of the evil things they want.

5 Because you have these blessings, do all you can to add to your life these things: to your faith add goodness; to your goodness add knowledge; 6 to your knowledge add self-control; to your self-control add patience; to your patience add devotion to God; 7 to your devotion add kindness toward your brothers and sisters in Christ, and to this kindness add love. 8 If all these things are in you and growing, you will never fail to be useful to God. You will produce the kind of fruit that should come from your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But those who don’t grow in these blessings are blind. They cannot see clearly what they have. They have forgotten that they were cleansed from their past sins.

10 My brothers and sisters, God called you and chose you to be his. Do your best to live in a way that shows you really are God’s called and chosen people. If you do all this, you will never fall. 11 And you will be given a very great welcome into the kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, a kingdom that never ends.

12 You already know these things. You are very strong in the truth you have. But I am always going to help you remember them. 13 While I am still living here on earth, I think it is right for me to remind you of them. 14 I know that I must soon leave this body. Our Lord Jesus Christ has shown me that. 15 I will try my best to make sure you remember these things even after I am gone.

Galatians 5:22-23 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
22 But the fruit that the Spirit produces in a person’s life is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these kinds of things.

Ephesians 5:18Don’t be drunk with wine, which will ruin your life, but be filled with the Spirit.

1 John 3:9Those who are God’s children do not continue to sin, because the new life God gave them stays in them. They cannot keep sinning, because they have become children of God.

Edited by Daniel Marsh

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

1 minute ago, Daniel Marsh said:

Welcome Collie.

I welcome gay people to the church, but do not affirm the practice of the behavior.    In First John it says that Christians do not continue living a lifestyle of sin.   Paul writes that those born of the Spirit are to walk in the Spirit thus not satisfying the wimms of the flesh.  So, I will join you in prayer to live a life pleasing to God.  One must ask Jesus every day to be filled with the Holy Spirit.    Yes, the HS does live inside Christians.   It is simply an act of will to ask God for the power to live a godly life.  Paul tells us to be filled with the Spirit.

Hosea 6:6For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

I do not and never have acted on my attraction. But I still experience said attraction.

1 hour ago, David1701 said:

I've already told you that it is not foods that we are discussing.  Why have you brought up this straw man again?

What we were discussing was a sin that comes out of the heart, not foods that go into the stomach.  Please address your error and do not try to obfuscate again.

Then why did you ask about hiring atheists at all?  If you don't even know that's what they are, then the question is pointless!

another post gives the meaning of atheist.  This post is about the meaning of 

Abomination Definition

As on Dictionary.com, listed below are the definitions of abomination.

1. Anything abominable; anything greatly disliked or abhorred.

2. Intense aversion or loathing; detestation:

He regarded lying with abomination.

3. A vile, shameful, or detestable action, condition, habit, etc.:

Spitting in public is an abomination.

Abomination Meaning in the Bible

Abomination expresses the idea that the Egyptians considered themselves as defiled when they ate with strangers (Genesis 43:32). The Jews subsequently followed the same practice, holding it unlawful to eat or drink with foreigners (John 18:28; Acts 10:28; 11:3).  https://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/abomination/  https://www.firststone.org/articles/post/responding-to-pro-gay-theology-part-i:-social-justice-arguments  https://www.christianity.com/wiki/christian-terms/what-is-an-abomination-definition-meaning-and-bible-verses.html https://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/abomination/ https://av1611.com/kjbp/kjv-dictionary/abominable.html  *** https://www.gotquestions.org/God-hates-shrimp.html ***  

51 minutes ago, furrychristian said:

I do not and never have acted on my attraction. But I still experience said attraction.

I still have attraction to women who are not my wife and I never acted on that too.   We all have temptations as Christians.

I just started a new thread on temptations in hope that it will be more positive here: 

1 Corinthians 10:13The only temptations that you have are the same temptations that all people have. But you can trust God. He will not let you be tempted more than you can bear. But when you are tempted, God will also give you a way to escape that temptation. Then you will be able to endure it.

60 Abomination list in the Bible.
By: Shaila T | March 22, 2017

1.Unclean things (Lev. 7:21)

2.Customs of pagans (Lev. 18:30)

3.Idols (2 Chr. 15:8; 1 Pet. 4:3)

4.Sins of men (Ps. 14:1; 53:1)

5.Cheating (Mic. 6:10)

6.Lost souls (Rev. 21:8)

7. Any Idolatrous practices (Dt. 12:31; 13:14; 17:4; 18:9; 20:18; 29:17)

8.A froward man (perverse; one who turns aside (Pro. 3:32; 11:20)

9.A proud look (Pro. 6:16-17)

10.A lying tongue (Pro. 6:17; 12:22)

11.Hands that shed innocent blood ((Pro. 6:17)

12.A wicked scheming heart (Pro. 6:18)

13.Feet that are quick to sin (Pro. 6:18)

14.A false witness that speaks lies (Pro. 6:19)

15.A sower of discord (Pro. 6:19)

16.Wickedness (Pro. 8:7)

17.A false balance or scale (Pro. 11:1)

18.Sacrifices of the wicked (Pro. 15:8; 21:27)

19.The way of the wicked (Pro. 15:9)

20.The thoughts of the wicked (Pro. 15:26)

21.The proud of heart (Pro. 16:5)

22.Justifying the wicked (Pro. 17:15)

23.Condemning the just (Pro. 17:15)

24.Divers, dishonest weights (Pro. 20:10, 23)

25.Divers, dishonest measures (Pro. 20:10)

26.Refusing to hear the law (Pro. 28:9)

27.Prayers of the rebel (Pro. 28:9)

28.Eating flesh of peace offerings on the 3rd day (Lev. 7:18)

29.Homosexuality (Lev. 18:22; 20:13; Dt. 23:18)

30.Taking ornaments from idols when being destroyed (Dt. 7:25-26)

31.Offering an imperfect animal to God as a sacrifice (Dt. 17:1)

32.Any traffic with demons (Dt. 18:7-12)

33.Wearing clothes of the opposite sex (Dt. 22:5)

34.Bringing the hire of a harlot or sodomite into God's house (Dt. 23:18)

35.Re-marriage of former companions (Dt. 24:1-4)

36.Cheating others (Dt. 25:13-16)

37.Making images/idols (Dt. 27:15)

38.Idols of Ammon (1 Ki. 11:5)

39.Idols of Moab (1 Ki. 11:7; 2 Ki. 11:13)

40.Idols of Zidon (2 Ki. 23:13)

41.Incense offered by hypocrites (Isa. 1:13)

42.Eating unclean things (Isa. 66:17)

43.Offering human sacrifices (Jer. 32:35)

44.Robbery (Ezek. 18: 6-13)

45.Murder (Ezek. 18: 6-13)

46.Adultery (Ezek. 18: 6-13)

47.Oppression of others, particularly the poor or vulnerable (Ezek. 18: 6-13)

48.Violence (Ezek. 18: 6-13)

49.Breaking vows (Ezek. 18: 6-13)

50.Lending with interest to a brother (Ezek. 18: 6-13)

51.Lying with a menstruous woman (Ezek. 18: 6-13)

52.Hardness of heart (Ezek. 18: 6-13)

53.Injustice (Ezek. 18: 6-13)

54.Worship of anti-Christ (Dan. 11:31; 12:11; Mt. 24:15; 2 Th. 2:4; Rev. 13)

55.Incest (Lev. 19: 6-30)

56.Things highly esteemed by man (Lk. 16:15)

57.Many other sins of the nations (Lev. 18: 26-29; Dt. 18: 9-12; 20:18; 29:17; 1 Ki. 14:24; 21:2, 11; 23:24; 2 Chr. 28:3; 33:2; 34:33; 36:14; Ezek. 7: 3-20; 8: 6-17; 16: 2-58; 20: 4-30; Rev. 17: 4-5)

58.Love of money(Jeremiah 8:12, Luke 16:15)

60. Dishonest Trade(Proverbs 11:1, Deuteronomy 25:13-16, Proverbs 20:23) 

http://emmanueldivineministriesintl.zohosites.com/blogs/post/60-Abomination-list-in-the-Bible/

https://www.gotquestions.org/eating-meat-with-blood.html

https://www.gotquestions.org/rabbits-chew-cud.html

https://www.gotquestions.org/Jews-kosher-dairy-meat.html

https://www.gotquestions.org/eating-pork.html

"

Response #1:

The prohibitions against homosexuality in Leviticus 18 and 20 appear alongside other sexual sins-adultery and incest, for example-which are forbidden in both Old and New Testaments, completely apart from the Levitical codes. Scriptural references to these sexual practices, both before and after Leviticus, show God's displeasure with them whether or not any ceremony or idolatry is involved."

https://www.exodusglobalalliance.org/respondingtoprogaytheologypartiiip346.php

this may be what you are saying, David,

https://www.bgfalconmedia.com/opinion/people-should-not-look-to-bible-for-pro-gay-arguments/article_1dc0d463-a899-5a91-8bd1-40a93acc1cc5.html

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.54
  • Days Won:  12

5 hours ago, Daniel Marsh said:

another post gives the meaning of atheist.  This post is about the meaning of 

Abomination Definition

As on Dictionary.com, listed below are the definitions of abomination.

1. Anything abominable; anything greatly disliked or abhorred.

2. Intense aversion or loathing; detestation:

He regarded lying with abomination.

3. A vile, shameful, or detestable action, condition, habit, etc.:

Spitting in public is an abomination.

Abomination Meaning in the Bible

Abomination expresses the idea that the Egyptians considered themselves as defiled when they ate with strangers (Genesis 43:32). The Jews subsequently followed the same practice, holding it unlawful to eat or drink with foreigners (John 18:28; Acts 10:28; 11:3).  https://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/abomination/  https://www.firststone.org/articles/post/responding-to-pro-gay-theology-part-i:-social-justice-arguments  https://www.christianity.com/wiki/christian-terms/what-is-an-abomination-definition-meaning-and-bible-verses.html https://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/abomination/ https://av1611.com/kjbp/kjv-dictionary/abominable.html  *** https://www.gotquestions.org/God-hates-shrimp.html ***  

You keep making category errors.  We were not discussing how Egyptians view anything; but how God views homosexuality.  If something is an abomination to him, then he counts it as detestable and loathsome.

The food laws you quoted previously were primarily to teach spiritual truth to Israel, using the physical as types of the spiritual.  The food laws do not apply in the New Covenant, but the spiritual truth behind them does.  In its most basic form, the typology is that God hates everything that is (morally and spiritually) unclean and loves everything that is clean.

Pigs and dogs are unclean, according to the food laws.  Jesus used an illustration, to show the real meaning behind this.

2 Pet. 2:22 (KJV) But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire. 

Pigs and dogs were used as types, representing different aspects of sin.  Pigs wallow in filth outside themselves and dogs return to the filth that came out of them.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

@LittlePebble10 As a (non-artistic) freelancer, it seems to me that you are forgetting the business side of things. You are not working to have a law suit, you are working to make money.  You are not working to make friends either, or to belong to a community (specially one where you are an outsider). You can develop your drawings for other kind of customers, if you want to. You can also say "no" to anyone. This is one of the beauties of not having a boss. You are not under anyone, unless you put yourself there. I work with Mathematics, the other day i heard someone saying that Maths is racist... I could fear the developments of this point of view, but what for? You are choosing your problems, when you choose your focus.

In your professional life, to say "no" is as normal as saying "yes". Someone likes your work and contacts you. This is Part 1 of your business interaction. The second part is you analysing your client, their needs and if you want to take the job or not. People who pay usually know how services work.
If people get offended with a "no", probably they would be offended ten times after a "yes", during the working process. When someone doesn't like my professional "no" and takes it personally, i am sure that i just dodged a very difficult client.

In your portfolio, you have the chance to show your work. In a website, or page at some site, you can present yourself. Invest time in the before, so you don't have to deal with problems later.

Your personal reason for saying no, about a personal choice of your potential client, doesn't belong in a professional interaction. You will know your personal reasons, but they don't need to know them. Just keep the conversation professional, show other artists to the person, so they leave with options and a better memory than a negative answer.

Right now, you could keep the art as a side job and follow your parents' advice regarding your education. It is not one or the other. You can have an education and develop a skill. If your parents want to give you that, accept it, give them that peace of mind of finishing this with you. You can be an author, with an education, a few skills and a couple of very happy parents who saw their child make good plans, with their advice and a couple of dreams. No law suit ahead. Keep that out of your pretty mind.

Edited by Abrielle
  • This is Worthy 1