• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/07/1981

Though many are usually hesitant to come right out and say so, the JW's are not at all a part of Biblical Christianity, nor are they an organized "religion"...they are a cult, plain and simple...

I do have at least one good friend who at this time is a member of the JW's, so I am doing my best to bring him to the truth...to be a good friend and live by Christ's example, as we all should be :thumbsup:...

As for others' statements earlier...I do not believe Truth is something one can make a pick-and-choose- game out of. "This sounds right from Islam, so I'll use that...and this sounds pretty good from Hindu, so I'll take that..." etc. The bottom line is that there are certain things that are objectively true, and remain so regardless of what myself, my feelings, or my culture have to say about it...and the basis for that Truth, obviously, is found in the person of Jesus Christ...

Blessings,

AP

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Right on, Artemus. :thumbsup:

I would add that my experiences with JWs have not been at all positive. In fact, I had myself a shouting match with one who tried to preach their gospel to me. I felt pretty bad afterward, and wished I could have apologized. However, one positive outcome was that to this day they will not knock upon that door (Which is still my mother's home).

The bottom line here, as Artemus pointed out, is that this is a dangerous group. I have personal issues with using the word "cult," but I would definately not include this group with genuine believing Christians. It may be, however, that some persons having been previously regenerated have been misled by that group. So it would be wrong to say that JW's are not saved.

I believe that at their core, the Jehovah's Witnesses deny the true Christ. They preach another Jesus according to 2 Cor. 11:4 and Gal. 1:6-9. To me it is not simply a matter of disagreement with orthodox Christian theology, it's a matter of their denial of the divinity and deity of Jesus Christ, which are essential elements of His entire work of salvation. These elements are revelead to us in God's inspired, translation, and imparted Word. In short, you cannot separate Christ from His divinity or deity. Doing so, and preaching such, is taking another Christ, another gospel.

It is because of this that I strongly believe that the Jehovah's Witnesses (as a whole) are the "false Christs" that the Lord Jesus spoke of (Note: False Christs are different from false prophets) in Matt. 24:24. JW doctrine corporately does two things: It points to a false Christ not preached in the Bible, and it sets itself up as a false "corporate Christ" through which all who believe (into them) will be saved.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  306
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/02/1952

Though many are usually hesitant to come right out and say so, the JW's are not at all a part of Biblical Christianity, nor are they an organized "religion"...they are a cult, plain and simple...

I do have at least one good friend who at this time is a member of the JW's, so I am doing my best to bring him to the truth...to be a good friend and live by Christ's example, as we all should be :laugh:...

As for others' statements earlier...I do not believe Truth is something one can make a pick-and-choose- game out of.

Edited by his-servant-too

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/07/1981

well, to politely disagree, I didn't "bash" anyone, neither did I say who was "right" or "wrong"...I just stated the bedrock fact that what's true is true regardless of what individuals or cultures say about it.

Sorry you took my post to mean what I never intended it to...

Blessings,

AP

Dante had "another vision of hell." Was he right?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  306
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/02/1952

Dante had "another vision of hell."  Was he right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's another very good question and a very detailed view to say the least. Dante was my first experience with a view of hell. Dante's vision of hell is so logical and and so organized that now I 'm not sure it fits with the concept of hell but would be a good thread to run with. However that's not what this thread is about and unlike most other threads here I'd like this one to try to stay on topic.

The price one pays for pursuing any profession or calling is an intimate knowledge of its ugly side.

James Baldwin

US author (1924 - 1987)

• Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

What IS this about Dante's inferno?

Botz said something about it.....

What IS it? :laugh:

Sounds omious!!! :blink:

Dante had "another vision of hell."

Incidentally, if you enjoy good literature and poetry, the entire text of Dante's Inferno can be found here: http://www.everypoet.com/archive/poetry/da...te_contents.htm

This is not a Christian source, so take it with a grain of sand.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Anybody ever read the Larry Niven/James Blish account of Dante's inferno?

It's funny. :noidea: