IGNORED

The Garden of Eden was where again?

RonaldBruno

The Garden of Eden is the first location mentioned in the Bible (Genesis 2), and is the backdrop for one of the most iconic histories of the Bible: The lives of Adam and Eve and their fall from grace. Whether or not you believe this to be true history or a purely symbolic or legendary account, it seems undeniable that the Bible itself treats the Garden as a real place.

The Garden is said to have been located in the land called Eden, which was in the East. The Bible names four rivers that watered the garden known as the Pishon, Gihon, Tigris, and Euphrates (Genesis 2:10-14), the other lands that these rivers flowed to and even what some of those lands were famous for. This Garden in Eden had a real location. So where is it?

“A river watering the garden flowed from Eden; from there it was separated into four headwaters.”

Source: Location of the Garden of Eden

The Gihon is identified with the Dez and Karun rivers that flow through Western Iran and still meet up with the Tigris and Euphrates.[1] Genesis links this Gihon river with the land of Cush, which in this view is tied to the Kassites (it is also noted that Nimrod son of Kush reigned in Mesopotamia in Genesis 10 – so there may have been a few lands named “Cush” in ancient times).

In 1994 satellite radar images of northern Arabia revealed a long dried river that provides evidence for a possible Pishon river. In Genesis this river Pishon is connected to the land of Havilah, and its abundant gold. This dried up river flowed from western Arabia that had ancient gold connections and may be identifiable as Havilah, it flowed east towards the Tigris and Euphrates whom it joined before flowing into the Persian Gulf.

Ibid.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, nobody said:

My thoughts would be that Eden was not on this rock that we live on but in another realm. God created another planet east of Eden rather garden, and God placed him their. After that sin drove him further east as we know as earth. The third destination of man. Eden would be in the western part of Heaven. The way of the tree of life was kept as man began to live among the stars. The flaming sword in every direction.

Knowing the end has gave me understanding on the begins.

And he spake unto the man clothed with linen, and said, Go in between the wheels, even under the cherub, and fill thine hand with coals of fire from between the cherubims, and scatter them over the city. And he went in in my sight.

Again looking at the end of earth and as God builds a new earth.

Then came he unto the gate which looketh toward the east, and went up the stairs thereof, and measured the threshold of the gate, which was one reed broad; and the other threshold of the gate, which was one reed broad.

We have less then 10 years the other solar system has enter our solar system. Plus the other system has been here for a few years now. The eclipses of our moon and sun has be hidden from us.

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

A little over 1000 years the new earth will be able to sustain life. The east gate in Ezekiel's temple. Plus three other planets also.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,786
  • Content Per Day:  0.33

On 6/19/2020 at 11:00 AM, RonaldBruno said:

New research suggests that the Garden of Eden was not in Iraq or Turkey, but where we might expect it to be, the Promise Land, with the four rivers flowing out of Jerusalem. 

This is a long but worthwhile study with all the science behind it. The Great Syrian/African Rift (a crack in the earth's tectonic plates that extends for some 3500 miles from Syria o Mozambique and contains evidence of dozens of dormant and active volcanos) is responsible for the disappearance of two of those rivers and the shift from the original source locations of the Euphrates and Tigris rivers.

I always scratched my head and wondered why would God put the Garden in present day Iraq? Now after reading this, it make sense that it was in present day Israel. OF course the area of the Promise Land included much more territory than Israel occupies today.

This is just a study, and so there is not much to really discuss or debate about it. I am just sharing it. 

https://www.kjvbible.org/rivers_of_the_garden_of_eden.html

You have the four rivers given in scripture which are the Kezel Uizhun (Hebrew, Pishon), the Gaihun/Aras (Hebrew, Gihon), the Tigris (Hebrew, Hiddekel) and the Euphrates (Hebrew, Perath). Now you have to go the head where it parted and became the four rivers..

Genesis 2:10 And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.

So the head of the 4 rivers is where they begin, so it would be in the north...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Lucifer, now Satan was in God's Eden, then in Heaven, long before Adam and Eve were created.

Ezekiel 28: 13-16;

13, Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 

14, Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 
    15, Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. 

16, By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/31/2022 at 2:21 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

The Garden of Eden is the first location mentioned in the Bible (Genesis 2), and is the backdrop for one of the most iconic histories of the Bible: The lives of Adam and Eve and their fall from grace. Whether or not you believe this to be true history or a purely symbolic or legendary account, it seems undeniable that the Bible itself treats the Garden as a real place.

The Garden is said to have been located in the land called Eden, which was in the East. The Bible names four rivers that watered the garden known as the Pishon, Gihon, Tigris, and Euphrates (Genesis 2:10-14), the other lands that these rivers flowed to and even what some of those lands were famous for. This Garden in Eden had a real location. So where is it?

“A river watering the garden flowed from Eden; from there it was separated into four headwaters.”

Source: Location of the Garden of Eden

The Gihon is identified with the Dez and Karun rivers that flow through Western Iran and still meet up with the Tigris and Euphrates.[1] Genesis links this Gihon river with the land of Cush, which in this view is tied to the Kassites (it is also noted that Nimrod son of Kush reigned in Mesopotamia in Genesis 10 – so there may have been a few lands named “Cush” in ancient times).

In 1994 satellite radar images of northern Arabia revealed a long dried river that provides evidence for a possible Pishon river. In Genesis this river Pishon is connected to the land of Havilah, and its abundant gold. This dried up river flowed from western Arabia that had ancient gold connections and may be identifiable as Havilah, it flowed east towards the Tigris and Euphrates whom it joined before flowing into the Persian Gulf.

Ibid.

An interesting topic indeed, we would all like to know where the Garden of Eden was located. I wonder if any archaeological evidence could be found if it was known?

I know everyone has done their diligent research and has their opinion. Rather than babble my thoughts, I’ll copy/paste a link that is my opinion, and I agree with if anyone is interested?

https://creation.com/where-was-eden

It appears to be the Garden of Eden was a specific spot, and Eden itself was a much larger geographical area.

I cannot prove it, but based on ancient names for Jerusalem, such as Salem, Israel, and Jerusalem being the center of the world as God views it, that area is the cradle of civilization. With the land promised to God’s select chosen people. The ancient and current history, events, and details centered around Jerusalem and Israel.

It would not surprise me if Jerusalem were the site of the Garden of Eden, and the landmass of Israel was Eden? I do not know, but would it not make biblical sense? This area is God’s portion based on scripture and the table of nations.

Just a different thought other than the Persian Gulf perspective.

• Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

An interesting topic indeed, we would all like to know where the Garden of Eden was located. I wonder if any archaeological evidence could be found if it was known?

I know everyone has done their diligent research and has their opinion. Rather than babble my thoughts, I’ll copy/paste a link that is my opinion, and I agree with if anyone is interested?

It appears to be the Garden of Eden was a specific spot, and Eden itself was a much larger geographical area.

I cannot prove it, but based on ancient names for Jerusalem, such as Salem, Israel, and Jerusalem being the center of the world as God views it, that area is the cradle of civilization. With the land promised to God’s select chosen people. The ancient and current history, events, and details centered around Jerusalem and Israel.

It would not surprise me if Jerusalem were the site of the Garden of Eden, and the landmass of Israel was Eden? I do not know, but would it not make biblical sense? This area is God’s portion based on scripture and the table of nations.

Interesting.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,786
  • Content Per Day:  0.33

On 4/2/2022 at 1:26 PM, Dennis1209 said:

The thing that throws many people off, is the 'land of cush". The people were originally in northern Mesopotamia but later came down near Egypt... https://bibleatlas.org/cush.htm

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  451
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

it's in heaven and will come down.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

On 4/1/2022 at 8:02 AM, nobody said:

Knowing the end has gave me understanding on the begins.

And he spake unto the man clothed with linen, and said, Go in between the wheels, even under the cherub, and fill thine hand with coals of fire from between the cherubims, and scatter them over the city. And he went in in my sight.

Again looking at the end of earth and as God builds a new earth.

Then came he unto the gate which looketh toward the east, and went up the stairs thereof, and measured the threshold of the gate, which was one reed broad; and the other threshold of the gate, which was one reed broad.

We have less then 10 years the other solar system has enter our solar system. Plus the other system has been here for a few years now. The eclipses of our moon and sun has be hidden from us.

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

A little over 1000 years the new earth will be able to sustain life. The east gate in Ezekiel's temple. Plus three other planets also.

Just as God caused the land to appear on Earth on a water planet so the same goes in the waters above, which most call space. Each star system is connected with other star systems. These paths are what is called rivers. The names of these rivers are passed down from the watchers of others tribes. It will never be found on this planet.

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 4/2/2022 at 1:26 PM, Dennis1209 said:

The best evidence for Eden is Botney. There are a few books but not many on the subject. Although there are experts on the domestication of plants in the Middle East.