• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Exegesis said:

Not a satisfactory answer.  I asked you a specific question, and you gave me the same tired reply every so-called Sabbath keeper gives me.  I ask again:

How are you keeping the Sabbath?   Because unless you are offering a sacrifice at the Temple every Sabbath as well as all the other daily and Festival Sabbaths, you are not keeping the Sabbath.

Explain to me how you are keeping the Sabbath without a Temple, the Levitcal Priesthood and the daily sacrifices.

And you give the same old excuse for not obeying God's word, which was instituted by God from the beginning of Creation on the 7th Day he rested from his work.   The Levitical Priesthood and the Sacrificial System has been replaced by Yahshua our high priest who is also the sacrificial offering read Hebrews or do I need to explain that to you as well?   And you dont need a Earthly Temple to keep the Sabbath where do you get that?  There is a heavenly temple where Yahshua serves as high priest...do you need that explained as well?

In the past I was living in sin just like everyone else, then I repented in learned God's way, and now keep the Sabbath just as Jesus, Paul and all the other Apostles did.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  381
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/04/1973

6 hours ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries. Anyone who has set aside the law of Moses dies without mercy on the evidence of two or three witnesses. How much worse punishment, do you think, will be deserved by the one who has trampled underfoot the Son of God, and has profaned the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has outraged the Spirit of grace? For we know him who said, "Vengeance is mine; I will repay." And again, "The Lord will judge his people." It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. - Heb 10:26-31 ESV

God forgives those who repent and put their trust in the His blood that cleanses them from sin...BUT if we deliberately continue to live in sin after we come to the knowledge of the truth, those sins are not forgiven.  Read above also written by Paul.

Likewise, if we go on sinning and sinning then “The Salvation is very questionable”

And in accordance to Galatians 5:16-26 NKJV Walking in the Spirit

I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.  For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.  But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,  envy, [c]murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.  And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.  If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.  Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

7 hours ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

And you give the same old excuse for not obeying God's word, which was instituted by God from the beginning of Creation on the 7th Day he rested from his work.   The Levitical Priesthood and the Sacrificial System has been replaced by Yahshua our high priest who is also the sacrificial offering read Hebrews or do I need to explain that to you as well?   And you dont need a Earthly Temple to keep the Sabbath where do you get that?  There is a heavenly temple where Yahshua serves as high priest...do you need that explained as well?

In the past I was living in sin just like everyone else, then I repented in learned God's way, and now keep the Sabbath just as Jesus, Paul and all the other Apostles did.  

When you place your salvation on a work, i.e. the Sabbath, you cannot claim Christ's sacrifice on the cross.  Using a rather unique spelling of Jesus' name gets you no points either.  

If Jesus' sacrifice on the cross delivered us from our sins completely, why would we need to observe a certain day of the old covenant when you are telling me all of that covenant is done with, except for a day?

I will ask again, because you still have not answered the question:

How are you keeping the Sabbath?  Explain it to me.  In terms an unbelieving secularist could understand, as if I just walked up to you off the street with no spiritual or biblical knowledge at all . . .  In the post above you plainly say you are keeping the Sabbath, so explain to all of us here exactly how you are doing that, in 2020.  Surely, since you are telling all of us that we need to do it, you can explain to us, in great detail, exactly how you, yourself, are keeping the Sabbath.

I will also add that you have absolutely no idea of my position on the Sabbath yet, but you call me disobedient, because I question you on your methodology.  You have made a clear claim.  I am waiting for you to explain to us exactly how you keep that claim, biblically.  So far, you have not answered the question.

Edited by Exegesis

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

8 hours ago, Exegesis said:

Have you not, in the past, been a protagonist of "keeping" the Sabbath?

I think 'protagonist' would be your attitude. I observe the Sabbath (ignoring RCC edicts) in honor of our Great High God.

The Sabbath celebrates Creation and it is Yahweh that likes us to observe it, and Commands us to do so.

Exactly how, or my method(s), is not yours to know or find out either. I just suggest that others might count the times The Lord has mentioned it in the Tanakh, and bemused I am at the hoops folk jump thru to dis that Sabbath.

The RCC crows about the 'protestants' keeping the RCC 'SUN-day' in honor of the Pope's edicts about their Sabbath change to SUN-day.

• Thumbs Up 1

Words, words and more words. It ALWAYS boils down to a Sabbath 'thing'. And reams of 'reasons' why we should ignore it.

Now I wonder why that is..? (disingenuous tongue-in-cheek-smirk)

1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

I think 'protagonist' would be your attitude. I observe the Sabbath (ignoring RCC edicts) in honor of our Great High God.

The Sabbath celebrates Creation and it is Yahweh that likes us to observe it, and Commands us to do so.

Exactly how, or my method(s), is not yours to know or find out either. I just suggest that others might count the times The Lord has mentioned it in the Tanakh, and bemused I am at the hoops folk jump thru to dis that Sabbath.

The RCC crows about the 'protestants' keeping the RCC 'SUN-day' in honor of the Pope's edicts about their Sabbath change to SUN-day.

In other words, you cannot explain to anyone how you keep the Sabbath, even though you have been one of those on this board who continually tells others they have to keep it.  But you won't explain to them how to do so.

I find nowhere in this thread where I have "dissed" the Sabbath.  Perhaps you could point me to a specific post where I have done so.  I am openly questioning a flawed rational that people such as you use in regards to this commandment.  Telling people they must do something, but, at the same time, steadfastly refusing to tell them exactly how they should do it.  In regards to spiritual matters, when you take it upon yourself to tell someone they have to do something you claim God commands them to do, at the same time, you have to be able to explain to them how they must keep that command, in any detail they ask you to explain.  You cannot just divorce yourself from your responsibility to explain something to people after you have told them they have to do something. 

Why is this question so difficult for you to answer?  If you are so confident that you are keeping this commandment, then it should be patently easy for you to explain to other people exactly how you keep it.   Why the constant avoidance of an actual explanation?

1 minute ago, Exegesis said:

Telling people they must do something

Yours is the flawed straw-man speaking. I have never said anyone 'must' keep the Sabbath.

It seems that some legalists love to poke away at others. They cite the so-called 613 laws you must keep as well and a whole bunch of empty noise.

Take your Sabbath NOT keeping up with the Lod High God. I just say what scripture affirms.

"  In regards to spiritual matters, when you take it upon yourself to tell someone.."  are you not doing just that?

7 minutes ago, Exegesis said:

you have been one of those on this board who continually tells others they have to keep it

Not true. I have not said they have to do anything. 

40 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Words, words and more words. It ALWAYS boils down to a Sabbath 'thing'. And reams of 'reasons' why we should ignore it.

Now I wonder why that is..? (disingenuous tongue-in-cheek-smirk)

Words, words, and more words.  It ALWAYS boils down to those who say we must keep the Sabbath, but can never explain how we are supposed to keep it.

Go out on a limb.  Be the first, on this board or any other Christian forum out there, and actually tell people exactly how you keep the Sabbath.  Without doing so, your constant assertions that you do keep it are nothing but empty words.  You are a self-proclaimed Sabbath-keeper.  Let's match your explanation of how you keep the Sabbath with what the Bible says are requirements to keep it and see if they match up. 

Is that too difficult?

“If the scripture makes plain sense, seek no other sense”