Coliseum

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus breathed on His disciples and said, “Take ye the Holy Spirit.” Sometimes we tremble before the proffered gift. We shrink from taking the priceless possession offered by the hand that was pierced to purchase it. And sometimes, just as we by faith reach forth our hands to grasp it, we shrink back saying, “I am not worthy; it is too much for me.”

On a visit to the Soviet Union, I looked upon the dazzling riches of the Russian czars as they were displayed in the armory in the Moscow Kremlin. I thought of a story of the great emperor Alexander. On an occasion, in the presence of his bodyguard, he turned and presented to one of his humblest, most menial servants a magnificent golden cup. The poor vassal drew back and said, "Your Majesty, no, I am not worthy. I could not take it. I could not take it." For a moment the great king was nonplussed by the humility of the servant, then he drew himself up to his greatest height and majestically replied, "But sir, it is not too much for me to give."

That is it exactly. Sinners as we are, carnal as we are, filled with every unworthiness as we are, it is not too much for Jesus to bestow upon us the gift of the Holy Spirit. Take it. Take it. All that is needed is our consent; just our acquiescence, our yieldedness and our surrender. The disciples before Pentecost, after the ascension of our Lord, waited ten days, for the Holy Spirit had not yet come. But now after Pentecost, we are not asked to wait ten seconds. This moment now, the moment that God has our consent, the Holy Spirit will flood, and fill, and glorify our souls; just our consent.

....Pastor Criswell

"He breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost." John 20:22

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,956
  • Content Per Day:  3.04
  • Days Won:  1

Amen.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,956
  • Content Per Day:  3.04
  • Days Won:  1

28 minutes ago, Coliseum said:

Jesus breathed on His disciples and said, “Take ye the Holy Spirit.” Sometimes we tremble before the proffered gift. We shrink from taking the priceless possession offered by the hand that was pierced to purchase it. And sometimes, just as we by faith reach forth our hands to grasp it, we shrink back saying, “I am not worthy; it is too much for me.”

On a visit to the Soviet Union, I looked upon the dazzling riches of the Russian czars as they were displayed in the armory in the Moscow Kremlin. I thought of a story of the great emperor Alexander. On an occasion, in the presence of his bodyguard, he turned and presented to one of his humblest, most menial servants a magnificent golden cup. The poor vassal drew back and said, "Your Majesty, no, I am not worthy. I could not take it. I could not take it." For a moment the great king was nonplussed by the humility of the servant, then he drew himself up to his greatest height and majestically replied, "But sir, it is not too much for me to give."

That is it exactly. Sinners as we are, carnal as we are, filled with every unworthiness as we are, it is not too much for Jesus to bestow upon us the gift of the Holy Spirit. Take it. Take it. All that is needed is our consent; just our acquiescence, our yieldedness and our surrender. The disciples before Pentecost, after the ascension of our Lord, waited ten days, for the Holy Spirit had not yet come. But now after Pentecost, we are not asked to wait ten seconds. This moment now, the moment that God has our consent, the Holy Spirit will flood, and fill, and glorify our souls; just our consent.

....Pastor Criswell

"He breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost." John 20:22

Holy Spirit is knocking at the door, eager to baptize people, but people close the door n say no thanks we hv Jesus already.

Though i admit it is not easy to rcv the Holy Spirit baptism, we must fast for long term n pray, some prayed for even years.

The fire of Holy Spirit is real as John the baptist said it, "He will baptize people with Fire". It somehow like strong electric charging for few minutes but it didnt hurt as if our atom has been rearranged or restructured in our body, it Made me understand how the death cold body of Christ was resurrected or how Adam's body was created by 'energizing" n "restructuring " the atoms of the soil according to the pattern/Image of God,

n when we cried at the feet of Jesus our tongue move by itself with language we don't understand as we are slain in the Spirit.

Holy Spirit manifest in our church  especially with gifts of vision n prophetic utterance to rebuke and teach each of us.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,252
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Before Christ I was "That is it exactly. Sinners as we are, carnal as we are, filled with every unworthiness as we are, " But after Christ I am not sinner, live by the carnal nature and and righteous and holy because I simple believe have faith in YESHUA! AMEN GLORY TO GOD ! YES!