IGNORED

Why can't we blame God for things that happen?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, Faithwilldo said:

God is not evil but He uses evil to produce new children. 

you have to define the evil that is spoken of it is not as you say sin/moral evil/darkness....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  441
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

On 8/15/2020 at 2:03 PM, Faithwilldo said:

I take it then that you agree with what these scriptures are teaching???  

NO!!! At least not with what you THINK they are teaching...and i know without any doubts whatsoever that YHVH feels the same way...period.

(Proverbs-26:4-5)

Edited by CaptWalker

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  03/31/1961

11 hours ago, enoob57 said:

That's why we are to rightly divide the Word and to try the spirits that come to us 

1 John 4:1

4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
KJV

The God of the Bible did not create moral evil it was born out through lie a completely foreign identity born through the perversion of truth Lucifer first enacted within himself by believing that which began could be god as God has never began a distinction of eternity....

There is no scriptural support for what you believe.  

God is the creator of everything.  Evil could not exist unless God creates it.  In fact, nothing exists unless God creates it.  Scripture also says that God uses evil for our spiritual development.  He uses it so that we can fully obtain the knowledge of good and evil and be like Him. 

Why can't you accept these simple statements of truth which I have posted below?

Ecc 1:13  An experience of evil God has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

Ecc 1:13  And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things (includes evil) that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith.

Ecc 9:3  This is an evil among all things that are done under the sun, that there is one event unto all

Isa 45:5-7  I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:  That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.  I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Ecc 7:13  Consider the work of God: for who can make that straight, which he hath made crooked?

Amos 3:6  Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

Prov 16:4  The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Eze 6:10  And they shall know that I am the LORD, and that I have not said in vain that I would do this evil unto them.

Jer 45:5  And seekest thou great things for thyself? seek them not: for, behold, I will bring evil upon all flesh, saith the LORD: but thy life will I give unto thee for a prey in all places whither thou goest.

Lam 3:38   Out of the mouth of the Most High doth not there proceed evil and good?

Job 2:10   But he said to her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. We have also received good from God, and should we not receive evil? In all this Job did not sin with his lips.

Joe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, Faithwilldo said:

There is no scriptural support for what you believe. 

Then when God says satan is the father of lie you call that not Scriptural support ... agree to disagree with you totally

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 8/10/2020 at 5:58 PM, WowLookaDuck said:

God is sovereign. Why is it wrong to blame him for things that happen in our lives? 

The Lord gave us all a free will. Should we blame him when we choose to disobey him? Would it be better to have our free will taken away? The Lord is quite good at fixing our mistakes.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, enoob57 said:

Then when God says satan is the father of lie you call that not Scriptural support ... agree to disagree with you totally

Yes, I agree that Satan is the father of lies but that has nothing to do with whether God is the cause of evil in this world:

John 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

God does not lie but Satan does because God made him to be a liar.  Satan is a tool for evil created by God to serve a function in God's plan of producing children of God.   

Mankind starts off as children of the devil.  Then Christ comes to us two times (early and latter rains).  After the early rain, Satan comes and spiritually kills us by causing us to "fall away".  At that time, our deadly head wound administered by Christ at His first coming to us is healed.  We remain children of the devil.  Then Christ comes to us a second time (latter rain) and completely and totally destroys this child of the devil and gives us a new birth as a child of God.  That is the pathway that God uses to produce His offspring.  It is a strange work indeed.

Isa 28:21  For the LORD shall rise up as in mount Perazim, he shall be wroth as in the valley of Gibeon, that he may do his work, his strange work; and bring to pass his act, his strange act.

Thanks for your time in discussing this subject with me.

Joe

19 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

The Lord gave us all a free will. Should we blame him when we choose to disobey him? Would it be better to have our free will taken away? The Lord is quite good at fixing our mistakes.

Jer 10:23  I know, Jehovah, that the way of man is not his own; it is not in a man that walketh to direct his steps.

Prov 16:1  The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.

Prov 20:24  Man's goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?

Mankind can make choices but God is the cause of the choices we make.  Scripture does not support us having a "free will" - it is a tradition of man.

Joe

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, Faithwilldo said:

Jer 10:23  I know, Jehovah, that the way of man is not his own; it is not in a man that walketh to direct his steps.

Prov 16:1  The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.

Prov 20:24  Man's goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?

Mankind can make choices but God is the cause of the choices we make.  Scripture does not support us having a "free will" - it is a tradition of man.

Joe

Some things are self-evident. Scripture doesn't tell you not to touch a hot stove, but it's better if you don't.

Just now, johnthebaptist said:

Some things are self-evident. Scripture doesn't tell you not to touch a hot stove, but it's better if you don't.

So those verses I posted don't mean anything to you?  Don't your beliefs come from scripture?

God is not like mankind so it is not advisable to try to use your common sense to understand the ways of God.  

8 minutes ago, Faithwilldo said:

So those verses I posted don't mean anything to you?  Don't your beliefs come from scripture?

God is not like mankind so it is not advisable to try to use your common sense to understand the ways of God.  

No, plucking out a few Bible verses doesn't convince me. I've sinned many times. It's not God choosing for me to sin - it was my choice each time.