• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  381
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/04/1973

Let us be reminded  even we have a power within us of unlimited potential, in short "A RESURRECTION POWER"  but if we don't know how to operate, then it is nothing.

1. We have a power,  but if we don't know how to love people, then it profits nothing,  only like a clanging cymbals.

1 Corinthians 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.

2. We have a power but if we continue to live in sin, then we are hurting the God the Father...God hates sin...and we must hate sins as well..as the Lord says, be imitators of Jesus Christ copy Him and be holy for God is Holy. 

Ephesians 5:1-2 Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.

1Peter 1:15-16 But as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  452
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

6 hours ago, Peterlag said:

You look for a way to please your flesh... to clean it up is what it looks like you're saying

I hate legalism. Many churches get hung up on legalism. 

People live in the world and start out thinking they are #1. What's in it for me, this is mine, I want, etc. So their focus is in pleasing and providing for themselves first.

The Word transforms our nature, but it doesn't happen instantly. You believe, but then still want to hold onto certain ways. "I'll stop doing this , that and the other but I still need to do this. A lot of new believers compromise with one foot in Christ and one foot in the world. In the beginning, we talk the talk, get all puffed up and pretend to be super spiritual, showing others our holiness, putting it on display. But many FAIL TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR AT THEIR OWN SIN. They are quick to point out sin in others, yet fail to address their own. Now, Christ cleansed them, lives in them, but they are infants, still learning. As a matter of fact, God gives us wisdom and knowledge gradually. Certain scriptures cannot be deeply understood until He brings you through an experience. You've heard  experience is the best teacher. Well God grows our spirit this way. I've heard Billy Graham say he has read a particular passage for years, and only understood superficially; but after an experience that was relative to that scripture, He received this rich deep meaning of it. Some principles we are not ready for. An infant needs milk in the beginning and then later on solid food.

The Ten Commandments give us an idea of what sin is, but it also comes in many other forms. And it takes a while for us to really recognize the sin in our own lives. We begin to hate sin in others - but do we do the same things? Yes. Why would the Bible tell the Christian this: "You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye." Matt. 7:5

God makes us holy, but we must be obedient and cooperate, have a willingness to love and demonstrate what we believe. Yes, we need to live clean lives.

We definitely fail to love God and others sometimes.

I know people who think they have never done anything wrong, refuse to confess their sins - because the truth is not in them. 

Edited by RonaldBruno
spelling

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1 John 1:8 ESV
http://bible.com/59/1jn.1.8.ESV

But we sin less now and are conscious and convicted of our sin being made perfect when we get to heaven. No excuse to sin at all. We would just get a Hebrews 12:5.

Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us,
Ephesians 3:20 ESV
http://bible.com/59/eph.3.20.ESV

So if we mutter a prayer in a desperate time, because the Holy Spirit is in us, big changes beyond our thinking can happen as the Holy Spirit is part of the Trinity with God and Jesus. God is omnipotent, every where and there was another, I forget. Remind me please.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.49

17 hours ago, RonaldBruno said:

I hate legalism. Many churches get hung up on legalism. 

People live in the world and start out thinking they are #1. What's in it for me, this is mine, I want, etc. So their focus is in pleasing and providing for themselves first.

The Word transforms our nature, but it doesn't happen instantly. You believe, but then still want to hold onto certain ways. "I'll stop doing this , that and the other but I still need to do this. A lot of new believers compromise with one foot in Christ and one foot in the world. In the beginning, we talk the talk, get all puffed up and pretend to be super spiritual, showing others our holiness, putting it on display. But many FAIL TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR AT THEIR OWN SIN. They are quick to point out sin in others, yet fail to address their own. Now, Christ cleansed them, lives in them, but they are infants, still learning. As a matter of fact, God gives us wisdom and knowledge gradually. Certain scriptures cannot be deeply understood until He brings you through an experience. You've heard  experience is the best teacher. Well God grows our spirit this way. I've heard Billy Graham say he has read a particular passage for years, and only understood superficially; but after an experience that was relative to that scripture, He received this rich deep meaning of it. Some principles we are not ready for. An infant needs milk in the beginning and then later on solid food.

The Ten Commandments give us an idea of what sin is, but it also comes in many other forms. And it takes a while for us to really recognize the sin in our own lives. We begin to hate sin in others - but do we do the same things? Yes. Why would the Bible tell the Christian this: "You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye." Matt. 7:5

God makes us holy, but we must be obedient and cooperate, have a willingness to love and demonstrate what we believe. Yes, we need to live clean lives.

We definitely fail to love God and others sometimes.

I know people who think they have never done anything wrong, refuse to confess their sins - because the truth is not in them. 

We do not agree. Not even on the same page. I don't do the sin confessing since I believe I have no sin in Christ. And it's the spirit of Christ that I walk in.

• Praying! 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

1 hour ago, Peterlag said:

We do not agree. Not even on the same page. I don't do the sin confessing since I believe I have no sin in Christ. And it's the spirit of Christ that I walk in.

Hello @Peterlag,

We both believe that the Creator exists.
As you said, you are not on the same page as the ones that believe that a believer still can sin.
As the Word became flesh is Jesus Christ. We believing in different words, meaning we believing in different christs.

Logically, one of us believes in the wrong christ.
Certainly you do believe you believe in the correct christ and we don't.
One of us has a big problem when facing the true Christ due to wrongful preaching of His words.

Let us all keep seeking the Lord with all our soul and all our heart. So that He will reveal Himself to us, His truth not ours.
Jeremiah 29:13  You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  452
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

10 hours ago, Peterlag said:

So you love your enemies and all others as you love yourself. All your life, purpose and actions are selfless and you get up everyday to the joy of serving others - wonderful! I guess you can take Mother Teresa's place - ever been to India? Okay, I was just being facetious. Let me get off  the page I was on, since you apparently interpret scripture different - or you are in denial or what it says. Let's see if you can understand the following scriptures. Note that they are being addressed to Christians.

"Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.  Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience,  in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them.  (Evidently, Christians fall back into these old ways).

But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth.  Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds,  and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him," Col.3:5-10 (Wait a minute, it says here, you can still lie to someone, use filthy language, and all sorts of things you once did)

"For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality;  that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor,  not in passion of lust, like the Gentiles who do not know God;  that no one should take advantage of and defraud his brother in this matter, because the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also forewarned you and testified.  For God did not call us to uncleanness, but in holiness.  Therefore he who rejects this does not reject man, but God, who has also given us His Holy Spirit." 1 Thes. 4:3-8 (Apparently YOUR santification also means YOU must abstain from these things, control yourself, not defraud your brother ...)

"The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God. 
 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus
 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires." Rom. 6:10-12  (Wait a minute, sin can evidently reign in your mortal body. You've been spiritually cleansed but you still must by an act of will, say no to all these lusts.)

"Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin." James 4:17 (If you had the opportunity in some situation to do good for some one or cause and you decided to think of yourself, not bother, make an excuse and not do it, that is NOT LOVING YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF) BINGO!

"Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. 2 Cor 7:1 (Wait a minute, I thought we were already cleansed? Spiritually, sin still dwells in the members of our flesh and we need to keep it in check - capisce?)

"But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.  If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. " 1 John 1:7-9

Edited by RonaldBruno
added scriptures