• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,607
  • Content Per Day:  3.93
  • Days Won:  21

39 minutes ago, Debp said:

Visited the other forum just now....this time a member called another member an idiot.   

I really think there is alot of pride operating when some people can't control their words when talking about theology.     And they resort to saying rude or hurtful things.   And usually when it is pride operating, they will refuse correction.

20_Pr27_19.jpg.983f0d29560f71e312c34ca61734e6e4.jpg

You are correct. My 'normative foolishness' was to rebut or argue. I have been insulted often. Even had my faith brought into question from a KJV-only site.

So I now say it ONCE, and attempt to be non confrontational yet precise. It seems to me that many cannot read English, but it is up to God to point folk to my posts - or not.

I think well and only say what I mean and mean what I say. The rest - as always - is up to the Lord being the Spirit of Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,030
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,384
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

4 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

You are correct. My 'normative foolishness' was to rebut or argue. I have been insulted often. Even had my faith brought into question from a KJV-only site.

So I now say it ONCE, and attempt to be non confrontational yet precise. It seems to me that many cannot read English, but it is up to God to point folk to my posts - or not.

I think well and only say what I mean and mean what I say. The rest - as always - is up to the Lord being the Spirit of Christ.

That's wise not to get into confrontational arguments on the forums.   It only destroys one's peace in the Lord.

I found some good verses in Proverbs about our speech.   Here is another good one...

20_Pr17_27.jpg.1c8e16620254ab0f6cc790447dcd8b05.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0

I think there are times that we must be confrontational; that is, when the truth is being obscured. Jesus was extremely confrontational and very offensive. The Cross is designed to be offensive. He called the Pharisees "hypocrites" and "brood of vipers." He tossed the money profiteers out of the Temple. Paul told Peter to his face, publicly that he was in left field concerning the Gospel. It was for the truth that Jesus was crucified because it was confrontational.

The difference however is that we are to be confrontational because we desire the very best in the one we are in conflict with. Jesus had a great following because people, such as the woman at the well, could hear the harsh truth and know she was loved. And so, I say these things as well in all humility and peace to those who would hear it.

11 hours ago, Coliseum said:

I think there are times that we must be confrontational; that is, when the truth is being obscured. Jesus was extremely confrontational and very offensive. The Cross is designed to be offensive. He called the Pharisees "hypocrites" and "brood of vipers." He tossed the money profiteers out of the Temple. Paul told Peter to his face, publicly that he was in left field concerning the Gospel. It was for the truth that Jesus was crucified because it was confrontational.

The difference however is that we are to be confrontational because we desire the very best in the one we are in conflict with. Jesus had a great following because people, such as the woman at the well, could hear the harsh truth and know she was loved. And so, I say these things as well in all humility and peace to those who would hear it.

Those are different situations.   When I talk about avoiding confrontational arguments in the forum, I am speaking of those useless arguments that just go on and on....and often become rude.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Debp said:

Those are different situations.   When I talk about avoiding confrontational arguments in the forum, I am speaking of those useless arguments that just go on and on....and often become rude.

Debbie. This is only my opinion.  I get what you are saying. Sadly, not all people in any forum are Christian; also, some Christians are not very nice Christians. Do we limit people's God-given, First Amendment rights because only some Christians are not rude? There really are rude people in forums.  Jesus too faced them, but he never shut them down that I am aware of. When Paul was given a thorn in the flesh, many commentators believe that thorn was a person/s in the church that was causing mischief. Yet Jesus, after Paul pleaded with him three times to take it away, told him that his grace was sufficient for him. If this understanding is correct, Paul had to find a way to deal with it. There are many ways to deal with rude people. I have called them out---occasionally. Other times, I block them. Sometimes, I don't answer them. I, like you, do not like rudeness; yet, Jesus died just as much for them as for non-confrontational people. In fact, he loved those who did not love him back. What I am saying Debbie, is that what I perceive as rudeness I do not need to participate in, and when I do, I cannot expect others to make changes because I don't like their attitude, their words, their insults, or their assaults on my character. But I can leave them. A few I have, especially after I have been mocked. So you are right; there are useless, confrontational, and rude conversations. We are dealt all kinds of cards in this life, and to quote a saying---"Tires ain't pretty."

I am glad you clarified yourself and that we do not have to be condescending when we disagree with one another. I remember having a very brash conversation with the owner of this site initially, when I was too impatient, and thought I understood more than I did. But he did not refuse me; instead, he indulged me---not once, but four times, and even took the time to use another member of this forum to illustrate why I was wrong. My slowness eventually came around, and I later thanked him for his willingness to be patient with me. We know that not all folks come around, and he did with them what he thought right. Thx Debbie for letting me share my thoughts..

• Thumbs Up 2

Something good to remember....

Colossians-3-15.png.e4cd5bd5fabc3a410219949e6c41f399.png

• Thumbs Up 1