IGNORED

Hebrew Poetry..has this got a deeper meaning?

lokp

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,005
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

27 minutes ago, JohnDB said:

The word "moved" is an approximation of the Hebrew...there really isn't an equivalent. 

But basically it's trying to show that God chose the natural order of things....the laws of physics that govern the universe. 

"The Earth was formed out of water by water" was said by Peter.

Basically a reference to God speaking things into existence. 

Interesting that God's relationship above the waters is both creative and destructive.

Psa 24:1-2  A Psalm of David. The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.  (2)  For he has founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
Psa 136:5-6  To him that by wisdom made the heavens: for his mercy endures for ever.  (6)  To him that stretched out the earth above the waters: for his mercy endures for ever.

2Pe 3:2-7  That you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:  (3)  Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,  (4)  And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.  (5)  For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:  (6)  Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:  (7)  But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

51 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Interesting that God's relationship above the waters is both creative and destructive.

Psa 24:1-2  A Psalm of David. The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.  (2)  For he has founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
Psa 136:5-6  To him that by wisdom made the heavens: for his mercy endures for ever.  (6)  To him that stretched out the earth above the waters: for his mercy endures for ever.

2Pe 3:2-7  That you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:  (3)  Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,  (4)  And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.  (5)  For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:  (6)  Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:  (7)  But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

I'm not sure what translation you are using there...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,250
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

It is true that the heavens are being stretched out, expanding.  

50 minutes ago, JohnDB said:

I'm not sure what translation you are using there...

KJV, with minor changes to the archaic words.

8 hours ago, Michael37 said:

KJV, with minor changes to the archaic words.

Ummm

You really shouldn't go beyond what is written. 

Unless you can truly understand the Hebrew, Aramaic, Early Latin and Greek languages that the scriptures were written in... don't do it. 

Usually those of us who have studied these languages and original language don't lightly change what the translators have done. We do so only when there's no English equivalent or a double entendre is intended and not going to translate. 

Every word, line, and nuance is precious as it is a gift from God. 

10 hours ago, JohnDB said:

Ummm

You really shouldn't go beyond what is written. Unless you can truly understand the Hebrew, Aramaic, Early Latin and Greek languages that the scriptures were written in... don't do it. 

Usually those of us who have studied these languages and original language don't lightly change what the translators have done. We do so only when there's no English equivalent or a double entendre is intended and not going to translate. 

Every word, line, and nuance is precious as it is a gift from God. 

@JohnDB The translation I use alters thee and thou to you, doeth to does, removes the th at the end of some words, and so on  etc, but if thou hast great knowledge and dost write with thine superior learning, thou shalt consider pompously thus that this beist an abomination and a sin.   

Actually as below my quote from 2Pe 3:5-7  was pure KJV having no archaic language to alter. In case you missed it, God used water to wash the earth and erase its wicked inhabitants, cleansing from sin definitely typified. You still haven't provided support for water as "a type or symbol for laws, rules, or practices." 

2Pe 3:5-7 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:  (6)  Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:  (7)  But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

• Please stop fighting!  Thanks!  :) 1

3 hours ago, Michael37 said:

@JohnDB The translation I use alters thee and thou to you, doeth to does, removes the th at the end of some words, and so on  etc, but if thou hast great knowledge and dost write with thine superior learning, thou shalt consider pompously thus that this beist an abomination and a sin.   

Actually as below my quote from 2Pe 3:5-7  was pure KJV having no archaic language to alter. In case you missed it, God used water to wash the earth and erase its wicked inhabitants, cleansing from sin definitely typified. You still haven't provided support for water as "a type or symbol for laws, rules, or practices." 

2Pe 3:5-7 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:  (6)  Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:  (7)  But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Look,

I'm totally uninterested in arguing/debating with you. 

I am interested in discussing things but considering this reply which has made your true feelings known vx your earlier post which I erroneously took to being interested in discussion. 

My mistake. I won't let it happen again.

8 hours ago, JohnDB said:

My mistake. I won't let it happen again.

All good then. I'll keep using the KJV with the archaic nuances updated, after all we must spread the Gospel in language that can be readily understood. 

John Wycliffe believed that since the doctrines of our faith are in our Scriptures we should have our Scriptures in a language familiar to us. 

Rom 10:18  But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.