• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Do we really want to dwell on this topic any longer?

We all know that the glory and power belongs to God and I

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Hi Skyla,

JesusIsGod2:  So He created Satan to introduce evil.

No, He created satan as a Cherub, an angel who stood before His throne, However He gave satan free will as He also gave man the same. satan was beautiful and his ego so to speak thought that he could be like God and he rebelled against Him.

Satan was not created evil.

Because, if we had free will but nothing to turn to, a choice could never have been made.

I disagree with this. we can not blame one sin on satan. he is the tempter, but we have always had free will to say yes or no to the temptations. We will be held responsible for our own actions not satans temptations.

I believe we would have rebelled with or without satans temptation or interference We need to understand that we rebelled against God, and when we understand this and see ourselves for who we really are, we can come to God in true repentance and sorrow and truly seek forgiveness and turn to the living God.

When we understand that the enemy who is in the world is nothing to those who are in Christ who has overcome the world. We can live a victorious life. We can focus on Christ and reconize the enemy when he rears his head and resist him. The scriptures say he will flee.

We couldn't be all good without evil

Only God is good, we are forgiven.

...we couldn't love God freely if we did not know any other way.

We love God because He loved us first. If God did not love us, it would be impossible to love Him. He is the One that gives us the capacity to love, to obey, to forgive, to understand etc...

We are nothing without Him. God holds us responsible for our sins, not satan, God is a just God, if satan were responsible for our rebellion then God would hold satan responsible, but He doesn't, He holds us responsible.

Without Satan, we would have stayed in the garden forever,

I dont agree with this, but only God knows for sure. One thing is for certain, man disobeyed God and therefore he was banished from the garden. Man was responsible for this not satan.

never choosing anything but obeying Him?

We have this option now, but we choose not to in oh so many things. Praise God for the blood of Jesus and His continual forgiveness when we confess our sin.

In Jesus

kevin

Guest Zayit
Zayit:  Never read that.  Well, I am a new Christian.  Apparently, though, many have not.  Hmm...sometimes I am very scared of God.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The fear of the L-Rd is the beginning of wisdom. :noidea: