IGNORED

What are these spirit things that are inside of us?

Peterlag

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Peterlag said:

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin, for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not.

Well...you deleted the cells comment as if you never posted it... that would be a lie.

1 John 3: 4-10
4 Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness. 5 You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin. 6 No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him. 7 Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous; 8 the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. 9 No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.

What does practising sin mean?
It is a habit of sin. Without any regret or self reflection. Without the Holy Spirit's conviction. Because the Holy Spirit doesn't dwell in that person.

I have experienced conviction by the Holy Spirit with certain sins. Even physically, of which I needed two weeks to recover from. The sin and conviction was crystal clear to me. But I don't have the habit of sin anymore, thanks to the conviction of the Holy Spirit. I have no worldly excuses anymore to sin. It is not by my own doing, nothing that I can boast about. All glory to God who saved me through faith in Jesus Christ.

Don't keep falling into the hole you dig. Get back to Jesus Christ, He is the only one Who can save you.

Edited by Wesley L

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 8/20/2020 at 3:40 AM, Peterlag said:

It's not the body, but the spirit that has become a new creature.

God expects us to keep our body under control. You can not put new wine in an old wine skin. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Wesley L said:

Well...you deleted the cells comment as if you never posted it... that would be a lie.

4 Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness. 5 You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin. 6 No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him. 7 Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous; 8 the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. 9 No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.

It is a habit of sin. Without any regret or self reflection. Without the Holy Spirit's conviction. Because the Holy Spirit doesn't dwell in that person.

I have experienced conviction by the Holy Spirit with certain sins. Even physically, of which I needed two weeks to recover from. The sin and conviction was crystal clear to me. But I don't have the habit of sin anymore, thanks to the conviction of the Holy Spirit. I have no worldly excuses anymore to sin. It is not by my own doing, nothing that I can boast about. All glory to God who saved me through faith in Jesus Christ.

Don't keep falling into the hole you dig. Get back to Jesus Christ, He is the only one Who can save you.

Just out of curiosity, where does it say "practices sin". If you look it up in Strong's Concordance, it simply translates it as 'sins'. How it relieves conviction to add that little extra word, for it it simply means 'sins", it means we are missing something, doesn't it?  

But think of this. Even if it did mean 'practices sin', are we still not guilty?  Most who  battle sin do so in very specific areas. I call them our 'Achilles heel' sins. Most do not delve into new uncharted territory with their sins. They repeat the same sins over and over, a never-ending fall, get forgiven and get-back-up dance with the same sin. Is this not practicing sin? So even if we try to run from the conviction of God, and re-define the meaning of the verses that promise us real freedom, real victory, real overcoming, to make our walks seem acceptable to us and to drown out the conviction of the Holy Spirit, we still find we are guilty of missing the mark. If we are totally honest, Is this not the truth? 

Missing the mark is bad and sinning again and again is bad, but what is worse is that repeated sin hardens our hearts and we end up  rationalizing their presence in an attempt to try to make them acceptable in our lives. Instead, it lowers the standard God has for us, a walk of real victory, and instead leaves us running laps in the wilderness of unbelief. Thus, we never come to the point we believe Jesus can actually bring us to real freedom. We are trapped by our own unbelief to a life where we cannot shine with His presence. Instead, we let satan continue to beat us over the head with our sin of choice, rationalizing that forgiveness is the full extent of the power of grace. We are wrong. Bad wrong. 

So.... is it hopeless? Glory to God, no! God is even now awakening us to the "how much more shall He not freely give us all things" of the fullness of grace. He has not just forgiven us. He has given us new natures! is this not the 'glorious liberty of the children of God' promised in the Word?   BUT it will not just happen to us.We have to cross over from the wilderness of unbelief into the land of promise. We must, by an act of choice, put our new natures on, and reckon that sin's power over us has been broken. 

This often only comes when a man or woman reaches a crisis point in their walk, where conviction from God  overwhelms complacency brought about by the devil. We are all, every single one of us, going to need the safely and power of our new nature in these coming, ever-darkening days. God has promised to awaken us as to who we truly are. He is going to remind us to 'forget not His benefits'.  He is going to re-aquaint us with our birthrights as His children. And it is in this way that we will be made to be ready to meet our coming King. It is in this way we will changed by the Spirit of God IN US to be without spot or wrinkle.

Some will come running to receive such an mind-boggling walk, seeing it as good news beyond belief. Others will be brought to this amazing place of walking as overcomers, kicking and screaming, and relent only when they see their great need as the darkness grows.

Either way, God WILL have a people walking in the FREE INDEED He has clearly promised us through His Son. We WILL put on our new natures and yield ourselves to God, not as sinners saved by grace but still captive to sin, bur as those who truly are alive from the dead. Glory! 

Peter, I applaud you for this post, a most needed one. May you be encouraged to continue listening to your Heavenly Father and learn from Him.  

blessings to all, 

Gideon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

41 minutes ago, JohnR7 said:

God expects us to keep our body under control. You can not put new wine in an old wine skin. 

Brother, that is the old man thinking. If that be the case, how are we as His children doing? Are we keeping our bodies under control? Are we bringing every thought into subject tp the obedience of Christ? Do we even believe it possible? 

Self-control IS necessary. BUT, self control is not something we generate,  but something He promises to bring about IN us. Self control is, as we read in Galatians 5, a fruit of the Spirit and comes to us naturally yet miraculously, as we abide in Him as those with new natures.

We do not need self control to produce spiritual fruits.  We need to abide in Him by faith, resisting the devil when he comes tempting, shields of faith raised high, and when we do, what is the promised result? We are kept from falling and satan flees from us. Oh, that we might cry out for the faith to believe it! 

blessings. 

Gideon

Edited by Gideon

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

3 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

We thank God and then use the password which is Jesus Christ. It now seems clear to me that we should thank God that we can ask Jesus Christ who has the authority. And by the way, how did our minds get so blinded in the first place? I think the enemy did it like this...

First he killed my understanding of "the power of God" by teaching me to follow after "the Christ in me" through my flesh. And by sheer default, that made me follow after the flesh in me.

Then he killed my understanding of "the authority of Christ" by making it a name. And that left me thinking I had the authority or the authority to use a name.

At this point "faith" is already half dead because it cannot believe in God's power or the authority of Christ. On top of that he then killed "faith" further by making it my belief system.

6 hours ago, Wesley L said:

I did not delete anything. I added a part 2. Here's part 1. As you can see I never said anything about cells. What I wrote was that Some teach and Others teach...  Some teach they are little seeds waiting for the return of Christ and others teach they are full grown all over the cells of our bodies. In the Scriptures we see they are referred to as spirit, holy spirit, comforter, and Christ in us. And that kind a makes me wonder whatever these spirit things are, they do seem to be tied close to the Christ.

7 hours ago, Wesley L said:

Hi @Peterlag,

Please check the quotes from other forum members too. You can edit your original post and delete the cells comment. But they are still quoted by other forum members.

Thou shall not lie.
1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.
Ephesians 5:11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them.

There is no lie. You simply quoted me as saying what I wrote some say or others said.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

32 minutes ago, Peterlag said:

There is no lie. You simply quoted me as saying what I wrote some say or others said.

Hi @Peterlag

My apology for calling you a liar. But you truly made it looked like it by questioning where I could trace back the "cell" thing and at the same time deleting that part from your topic post.
One word of advice, when you quote someone, make sure you make it clear whether you agree or disagree to the quote you are using. It really looked like you agreed with your quote.
Apart from the cell thing, I still disagree with your deleted innitial comment.

[QUOTE:]

Some teach they are little seeds waiting for the return of Christ and others teach they are full grown all over the cells of our bodies. In the Scriptures we see they are referred to as spirit, holy spirit, comforter, and Christ in us. And that kind a makes me wonder whatever these spirit things are, they do seem to be tied close to the Christ.

I was taught they are what God is... only with a small "s" because they are part of what He is. Therefore, we can say "greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world." So what are these holy things that are able to give us everlasting life?

Then, it made you wonder whatever these spirit things are? And they are what God is only with a small "s"???

I hope you did not try to say "g"?
There is no "god" with small "g". There is only God and the others are idols or false gods.
The Father, The Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ = God.

Peterlag, this is nothing personal against you. But when I read things that goes against God's words and trying to bend it into something differently, I have the urge to defend the truth.
I truly hope you don't create your own god, which is a false idol. Repent and turn to Jesus Christ.

• Thanks 1

Since I'm new here is why I did not realize until you mentioned it that when I added data to the post that it replaced the first part. And I meant small "s".

The “Holy Spirit” (capital “H” and “S”) is another way of describing God

There are many descriptions, titles, and names for God in the Bible. God’s proper name is “Yahweh” (Exod. 6:3), which occurs more than 6,000 times in the Hebrew Old Testament and is generally translated as “LORD.” But God is also referred to as Elohim, Adonai, El Shaddai, the Ancient of Days, the Holy One of Israel, Father, Shield, and by many more designations. Furthermore, God is holy (Lev. 11:44; Isa. 6:3; John 17:11), which is why He was called “the Holy One” (the Hebrew text uses the singular adjective “holy” to designate “the Holy One,” cp. 2 Kings 19:22; Job 6:10; Ps. 71:22; 78:41; 89:18; Isa. 1:4; 29:23; Luke 1:49; John 17:11). He is also spirit (John 4:24). Given that God is holy and God is spirit, it makes sense that “Holy” and “Spirit” are sometimes combined and used as one of the many designations of God: “the Holy Spirit.” Thus, when the subject of a verse is God, the Hebrew or Greek words HOLY SPIRIT should be brought into English as “the Holy Spirit.”

The “holy spirit” (lower case “h” and “s”) is the gift of God’s nature

“HOLY SPIRIT” is one of the names of God and should be translated into English as “the Holy Spirit.” However, in other contexts “HOLY SPIRIT” refers to the gift of God’s nature that He placed on people to spiritually empower them, and in those contexts it should be translated as “holy spirit.”

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

1 hour ago, Peterlag said:

It now seems clear to me that we should thank God that we can ask Jesus Christ who has the authority.

Sometimes God receives our prayer as grumbling and complaining. We are told to delight ourselves in the Lord and then He will give us the desires of our heart. I remember before my mom died she said she was not going to help anyone with their problems anymore. People were on their own to resolve their own issues. That gave me the impression that Heaven is a happy place and no bad news is allowed there. Although I am sure they receive all the good news there. Or they can go visit our mansion to see the latest additions.