IGNORED

Will one unforgiven sin send you to hell?

Ineedhugs

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

26 minutes ago, Wesley L said:

Will one unforgiven sin send you to hell?
Depending what you truly mean by an unforgiven sin.
Point is, one sin will send you to hell. Sin is a very serious matter to our Holy and Righteous God.
So, by one sin, we are already condemned to hell. It is that serious.

How are our sins forgiven? Not only by repenting. It is only by faith in Jesus Christ.
Once someone truly put their trust in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, God will give us the Helper, the Holy Spirit.
We are marked by the Holy Spirit, our sins are forgiven.

hebrews 10:26 says that if we deliberately go on sinning after we receive Christ then there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins and you can only expect judgement.
My understanding is. God says if someone who identifies himself as a christian and still deliverately keep on sinning without any conviction of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is clearly not in that person, thus that person is not forgiven at all to begin with, because his faith was not genuine faith. Or he put his faith in a fake christ.

even if you accidently sin, your still guilty and must make a sacrifice. 
Can a true born again believer sin? Yes. And here it says a sacrifice must be made.
Who is the perfect Lamb? Who is the sacrifice sufficient for all who has genuine faith in Him?
Do you believe that?
Is this a license to sin? Only a false believer would say yes. A true believer will not believe in vain. True faith comes with repentance, gratefulness, good works and fruits of the Spirit.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Good. You agree that one sin sends you to hell. I agree. A lot of Christians don't 100% repent and i try to tell them but they are stubborn. Repent, by definition, is to turn from your sins and turn to God. That implies ALL sins and you may as well do that to be on the safe side. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

10 minutes ago, Ineedhugs said:

Good. You agree that one sin sends you to hell. I agree. A lot of Christians don't 100% repent and i try to tell them but they are stubborn. Repent, by definition, is to turn from your sins and turn to God. That implies ALL sins and you may as well do that to be on the safe side. 

For clarification purposes. I believe that we are saved through faith alone.
Repentance is not causing our salvation, but faith in Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation.
Repentance is a result of our faith in Christ.

When one is truly saved, that person will eventually hate sin. Although still prone to temptations and prone to sinning, the truth is in that person. Knowing and hating sin, just as God hates sin. A true believer will never defend his sins eventually (pride), but will humble himself and repent. Pride is a sin, which can temporary dwell in a saved believer. But it will never stay long through the workings of the Holy Spirit. Unless, that person doesn't have the Holy Spirit. We can't know, God knows.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

If a person truly asks Jesus Christ into their life to be their Lord and Savior and asks for forgivness of their sins then all sins are forgiven past, present and future. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 8/28/2020 at 7:45 AM, Ineedhugs said:

All these things make me think you must confess and repents of ALL sins to enter heaven.

This is a work that God does in us. The issue has to do with rewards and those who suffer loss. We all pass through fire but not everyone's works will make it through that fire. They will be burned up and they will suffer loss. As people are suffering loss right now in the world. 

1 Corinthian 3:15

If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

9 hours ago, missmuffet said:

If a person truly asks Jesus Christ into their life to be their Lord and Savior and asks for forgivness of their sins then all sins are forgiven past, present and future. 

Yes but the bible says to believe in Jesus and then repent? yes? Cos if Gods son had to be crucified then continuing in sin is mocking God's son, which is really bad. The way i see it, before Jesus was born people had to obey the law and make sacrifices for 'unintentional sins'. You were meant to be banished under moses law if you deliberately sinned. That shows the seriousness of sin. Anyway, our past sins need a sacrifice and that's were Jesus comes in. You don't have a licence to sin you need to repent cos you'll be mocking Gods son and what he did if you still sin. Repent means to turn from your sins....all of them. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

20 hours ago, Wesley L said:

Do you realize that Bill Wiese is claiming to be a time traveler?

Yeh, you said it right.

Plus, hell is a one way ticket, once there, there is no coming back here to tell any story, except as is narrated in the episode of Lazarus and the rich man to illustrate the point as the Lord wanted it to be known.  This is the reality, not those who said they have been there and came back to tell the experience.

It is appointed once to die, then judgement.

Hebrews 9 King James Version (KJV)

27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation

7 hours ago, Ineedhugs said:

Yes but the bible says to believe in Jesus and then repent? yes? Cos if Gods son had to be crucified then continuing in sin is mocking God's son, which is really bad. The way i see it, before Jesus was born people had to obey the law and make sacrifices for 'unintentional sins'. You were meant to be banished under moses law if you deliberately sinned. That shows the seriousness of sin. Anyway, our past sins need a sacrifice and that's were Jesus comes in. You don't have a licence to sin you need to repent cos you'll be mocking Gods son and what he did if you still sin. Repent means to turn from your sins....all of them. 

The bible also tells husbands to love their wives as themselves. Just as Christ loved us.

Which husband is able to fully love his wife as Christ loved us?
Which christian is able to fully repent?
Which christian is able to fully obey God?

How I see "repent and turn from your sins" is a matter of the heart. God knows our hearts.
Willing to humble ourselves, bow down to our Lord, follow His will.
Failing in trying. Persevering in trying although sometimes failing.
Without faith, nothing we do pleases God.
With faith, nothing we do will be perfect yet, but through faith our attempts pleases God and God gives us the Helper, The Holy Spirit to guide us in truth.

Each christian should ask him/herself, am I in true faith?

2 Corinthians 13:5
Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you—unless indeed you fail the test?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

I just posted a piece on sin called my take on sin.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Wesley L said:

The bible also tells husbands to love their wives as themselves. Just as Christ loved us.

Which husband is able to fully love his wife as Christ loved us?
Which christian is able to fully repent?
Which christian is able to fully obey God?

How I see "repent and turn from your sins" is a matter of the heart. God knows our hearts.
Willing to humble ourselves, bow down to our Lord, follow His will.
Failing in trying. Persevering in trying although sometimes failing.
Without faith, nothing we do pleases God.
With faith, nothing we do will be perfect yet, but through faith our attempts pleases God and God gives us the Helper, The Holy Spirit to guide us in truth.

Each christian should ask him/herself, am I in true faith?

2 Corinthians 13:5
Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you—unless indeed you fail the test?

I think you are able to fully repent. In the old testament you had to make it on your own righteousness without Christ, for like 4000 years. Atoning for every sin with a sacrifice. My understanding is that our sins became so great, for the vast majority of people, that they wasn't enough sacrifice they could do to cover them so Christ came to be an ultimate sacrifice. However, for 4000 years you were expected to make it on your own so yes it's possible. 

I think you do have to fully repent but i'm not saying you'll never sin again. Because we will always have the flesh battling the spirit. But when you do sin, just confess it and forsake it and the blood of Jesus covers you.

7 hours ago, Ineedhugs said:

My understanding is that our sins became so great, for the vast majority of people, that they wasn't enough sacrifice they could do to cover them so Christ came to be an ultimate sacrifice. However, for 4000 years you were expected to make it on your own so yes it's possible. 

Sidenote.

Some teachers teaches that the old testament sacrifices were a representation of the future perfect Lamb of God. For us the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
Those animals weren't the true saving element, but the faith of the people in God's words were.
Salvation through faith alone, throughout the old and new testament period.

• Thumbs Up 2