• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

I found your comments very refreshing! I have to ask you if this is your commentary? 

I believe without a doubt that newer versions purposely changed "faith OF Christ" to "faith IN Christ" to conform to the "free will" doctrine which seemed to really take root in the last two centuries.

You stated: "It's not our believing that makes us righteous, but the faith of Jesus Christ" ....Yes praise God because our faith is a work, and you probably know that believing is exercising faith but it's not our faith that saves us.

I don't know what a commentary is nor am I quoting someone else's thinking. I write what I see in the scriptures which can be viewed from my own website that is on my profile.

3 hours ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

I found your comments very refreshing! I have to ask you if this is your commentary? 

I believe without a doubt that newer versions purposely changed "faith OF Christ" to "faith IN Christ" to conform to the "free will" doctrine which seemed to really take root in the last two centuries.

You stated: "It's not our believing that makes us righteous, but the faith of Jesus Christ" ....Yes praise God because our faith is a work, and you probably know that believing is exercising faith but it's not our faith that saves us.

I wish you would post what you wrote above to the post called "The claim of "watered down" because I could use the help over there.

5 hours ago, Michael37 said:

And Revelation doesn't, you say...?

That's what I see. That Revelation is all Israel and not the things that belong to the body of Christ.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,023
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

5 hours ago, Peterlag said:

That's what I see. That Revelation is all Israel and not the things that belong to the body of Christ.

So you don't think the letters to the 7 Ekklesias belong to the body of Christ...ah...but they most certainly do, as with all of the Book of Revelation.

Rev 1:7  Behold, he comes with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

1 hour ago, Michael37 said:

So you don't think the letters to the 7 Ekklesias belong to the body of Christ...ah...but they most certainly do, as with all of the Book of Revelation.

Rev 1:7  Behold, he comes with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

It's all Jewish pertaining to Jesus coming for them. It has nothing to do with the Christ coming for the body of Christ.

1 hour ago, Peterlag said:

It's all Jewish pertaining to Jesus coming for them. It has nothing to do with the Christ coming for the body of Christ.

The 7 Ekklesias are representative of the body of Christ, all the members of which go everywhere with Christ from the Parousia onwards.

1Th 4:16-17  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  (17)  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

2 hours ago, Michael37 said:

The 7 Ekklesias are representative of the body of Christ, all the members of which go everywhere with Christ from the Parousia onwards.

1Th 4:16-17  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  (17)  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

You lost me.

2 hours ago, Chicken coop2 said:

I'm lost too. After 5 pages I still don't see why you would think that Jesus would need faith.  He knew.  We need to have faith in Jesus.  The faith of Jesus makes no sense.  That's possessive like in romance languages The book of the professor = The professor's book.

The following Scripture is why I believe in the faith of Jesus Christ. Cause I can read English.

Romans 3:22
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Galatians 2:16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Galatians 3:22
But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Philippians 3:9
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

1 Timothy 1:14
And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

1 Timothy 3:13
For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 1:13
Holding fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 3:15
And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

3 hours ago, Peterlag said:

You lost me.

I pray you will receive a revelation of the Book of Revelation being applicable to the body of Christ, whose Saviour and Head features prominently in it, and who intends all of its contents to be reported to the ekklesias.  

Rev 22:16  I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the ekklesias. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  910
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

23 hours ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

Yes! I am assuming you read the KJV. If you do you might have noticed in Hebrews 12:2 that the word "our"is italicized meaning it was not in the manuscript...

I do like that about the KJV. It's quick and easy to identify the added words.