• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/15/2020 at 8:19 AM, Who me said:

So follow what 1John1:8+9 says. He is Faithfull and Just and will forgive us our sins and Purify us from all Unrighteousness.

People have been saying that for nearly two thousand years forgetting Jesus's comment that no one knows when he will return except the Father.

That makes any idea of a date automatically wrong.

He says "No one knows the day/hour, not even the Son"

No one in this thread, as far as I can tell, has named a date. If they did I'd point them to your quote.

Jesus specifically said, "when you see these things happen do not fear for the time is not yet, these are the beginning of birth pangs/sorrows"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

I can't hear God

On 9/6/2020 at 4:06 AM, Uri said:

If anyone can give me advice, I'll take it.

I've been doing life wrong.

I believe I fit the categories mentioned over & over, and I'm scared to death.

"Many are called, few are chosen"

"Wide is the gate & broad that leadeth to destruction, but narrow is the gate ...."

"Having a FORM of Godliness, but not its power"

".....I will say I knew you not"

I am wretched, always wanting sin; a lifetime of distraction, deception, lying.

I need to do something different. 

I feel I have a reprobate mind.

Dear Uri,

I'd like to give you some advisement which will hopefully assist you. Yes, you do need to do something vastly different that would you been doing. Stop listening to the lies of the devil. He's tormenting your mind so to the point that you no longer can hear from God's words the comfort and encouragement He is trying to convey to you. That you are saved and forgiven your sins.

You are a child of God and chosen to be a servant of the Lord. Called out in accordance to leave the past behind you and go forward from the life of sin you once lived and now live for Christ Jesus. Discontinue dwelling on those thoughts of condemnation. They are not from God. Pray and go on for Him and become victorious. We are more than conquerors in Christ. He's equipped you in all things made possible because of what your Saviour did for you on the cross of Calvary. God bless you. 

Shabbat Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

Edited by BeauJangles
  • This is Worthy 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

@Uri, Regardless of where we are and what condition we are in, we just keep going to God. What else would we do? Where else would we go? If we are unworthy, unready, unclean, who will turn us into worthy, ready and clean? And even if He didn't want us, we would go because we love Him and want to learn to love Him better. So, we keep going to God, who wants us. You can't hear Him, but if what God is doing is silent, then why would you hear anything but silence? Just keep walking in need of God, asking for Him and using the tools all of us have to know Him. In time, remember your walk and see how many things have happened in complete silence. 

I am also trying to hear God and wondering if i have to be wandering in the desert for the rest of my life. I have been going through years of apparent silence from God. Every step i give, every effort i make in my life, falls apart. This period of failure started when i decided to come closer to God for good, about five years ago. Since then, it's like i have been sent to the vacuum, to a place of non existence. It's like i am equal to None. This is not a state of mind, i have been experiencing this for real in my life.  I could give examples of what i am saying, but they would seem silly. However, to experience those every day, all the time... I now find myself more curious about the phenomenon than desperate.

I keep a journal and last week i decided to read what was going on in September 2019. I was able to laugh about the hardships of those days, which were not easy, but i also could see how many details had God's hand. Those days were difficult to carry, but now i recognize God's action and all happened in silence, fearing of being all alone.
Right now i am in a place that i absolutely detest. I spent the last five days praying that i wouldn't have to come to this place and yet here i am, stuck at this place until monday. I prayed insistently and argumentatively, my points were amazing, i made perfect sense, but yet here i am. All in silence. I have no idea why did i have to come to this place now. How unnecessary. Yet, here i am.
Maybe next year i will read my journal and notice how God kept me and cared for me. But even if next year i am in a worse situation than today, one thing i am absolutely sure of:  Even though God seems silent now, i know that this peaceful feeling, this tranquility doesn't come from me. It's impossible. I have been to this place two times before, almost a decade ago, and by then all i wanted to hear was myself, so i know what i have on my own and it's not this peace that i have right now. Thus i see that even in silence much good happens.

I give you my testimony from a position that i would describe as the bottom of a well, maybe this puts me in a humbling position to reach others who also feel too down below. Don't look at your faults and inadequacies as if they were bigger than God. Even if you don't hear Him nor see His action in your life, He is watching you and loving you. Don't be stuck on one idea of how God will reveal Himself to you, because you don't even know what you need, it may even seem unnecessary.

I apologize for such a long text.
Edited by Abrielle
  • Loved it! 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,029
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,376
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

12 hours ago, Abrielle said:

Don't look at your faults and inadequacies as if they were bigger than God. Even if you don't hear Him nor see His action in your life, He is watching you and loving you. Don't be stuck on one idea of how God will reveal Himself to you, because you don't even know what you need, it may even seem unnecessary.

Abrielle, the above is so beautifully stated and full of truth.   We must always look to the Lord, rather than ourselves.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,339
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. (Proverbs 14:12)

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? (2 Corinthians 13:5)

The Spirit of the Lord called upon you to examine yourself, @Uri. You heard the Son of God in obedience to His voice so that you might know yourself. Is this the fruit of a reprobate? Many are indeed called but few are chosen; the sin of Adam drives many to hide themselves from the Lord in shame of their nakedness. The few are courageous, crying out "Woe is me! I am undone!"

What is that form of godliness? Religion that is defiled. The self-assured are pure in their own eyes, doing what is right in their own eyes; judging their neighbor according to what pleases their eyes, choosing the chief seat and exalting themselves as teachers of men. They are quick to admonish others, holding them to a standard which they seek to escape themselves. The judgment of the Lord is against them:

For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? (Matthew 7:2-3)

I praise the Lord for you, Uri. You listened to the Spirit and have therefore examined yourself, judging yourself in a manner which pleases the Lord.

For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world. (1 Corinthians 13:31-32)

Don't be dismayed that the wicked one has come to accuse you before God and His angels. Rejoice instead, because Satan seeks to devour the unwary and has come to snatch away the fruit of godly repentance and God's chastening in you. But you are good soil; praise the Lord that Jesus Christ is faithful to complete that work which He started in you! 

You can and do hear the Lord, my friend. Be still and know that He is God. :) 

Edited by Marathoner
typos
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,339
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

Oops, not used to this interface yet. :D

Edited by Marathoner