IGNORED

Can satan and other demons take on a human form and live among us?

Ervin P

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,219
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

22 hours ago, Know Jah said:

1 Peter 2:4 states that God punished the demons.

As you come to Him, the living stone, rejected by men but chosen and precious in God’s sight, (1 Peter 2:4)

This passage has nothing to do with giants, demons or eternal torment.

The actual passage you're thinking of suggests these spiritual creatures are being held in a sort of spiritual prison or restraint far from any activity on earth.   (I don't know which passage you meant to insert here.  Plz try again.)

Punishment for them is yet to come.   I suspect that punishment may be a swim in the Lake of Fire.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Oh, I meant 2 Peter 2:4 states God punished the demons. Yes I believe their destruction is yet to come.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,087
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

Good points all.

On 1/5/2024 at 2:14 PM, Charlie744 said:

Whenever I see this question/topic i immediately go to the book of Job. 

Do you think the answer might be found in Job?

Thanks. 

The kingdom of satan is never friendly towards humanity.

Odd thing, though, is that a lot of humans continue to be fascinated by them.

SIN has its attractions to be sure.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Know Jah said:

Oh, I meant 2 Peter 2:4 states God punished the demons. Yes I believe their destruction is yet to come.

True.

They are being held in spiritual imprisonment.  Exactly what that imprisonment implies isn't stated ... exactly.

On 1/5/2024 at 11:18 AM, Know Jah said:

Don't believe Satan or his demons can take on human form any longer. Once they were kicked out of heaven they lost such power. Don't believe even the angels have use that power any longer.

Satan's host lost AUTHORITY when they were evicted from heaven.

Once they arrived on earth it didn't take long for them to get some of it back.

When Jesus was tempted the devil claimed it could give Jesus authority over all the kingdoms of the earth if Our Lord bowed down and worshipped it.

Where did satan get its authority?   Obviously it didn't get its authority from God or Christ.  Where, then?

Consider Genesis 3.

Eve was the first sinner.  She granted her God-given authority to the tempter.  Later that day she seduced her husband Adam into following her into SIN as well.  (Women have been doing a lot of that since then.) When the Lord met them at the end of the day the encounter wasn't a happy one.

The devil thus inherits the authority humans give to it ... and by Jesus' time that meant most of the inhabited world.  This explains how Jesus can be Lord of the earth, but not have its authority.

The 2nd coming will partially rectify the situation.   Unfortunately most of the world will not be happy about it...oh no, not happy at all.

Edited by choir loft

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

I’m inclined to believe Satan was the angel that embraced Muhammad in the cave and went on to deceive him to create Islam. 

I don’t believe Satan ‘lives’ with us but can move between the three heavens as inferred in the Bible.
He always needs God’s permission to test a person, even a righteous person like Job. Demons must, therefore, have the same requirement of permission as they are led by Satan. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,507
  • Content Per Day:  12.21
  • Days Won:  31

1 John 4.4: "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world."

17 hours ago, John Christian said:

I’m inclined to believe Satan was the angel that embraced Muhammad in the cave and went on to deceive him to create Islam. 

I don’t believe Satan ‘lives’ with us but can move between the three heavens as inferred in the Bible.
He always needs God’s permission to test a person, even a righteous person like Job. Demons must, therefore, have the same requirement of permission as they are led by Satan. 

According to Islamic myth, Mohammad [pbuh] was ASSAULTED in a cave by a spirit that called itself Gabriel.  According to the story, Mo was seized by the throat and choked until he agreed to memorize the lines given to him.  (Mohammad [pbuh] was illiterate and never learned how to write his own language.)

As things went along, the religion became more and more successful.  Mohammad [pbuh] eventually learned to like the effort of creating his own scripture.  Evidence for this change of attitude may be seen in the wording of Qur'an.  There are two distinct styles in evidence.  His wife began to complain that he'd created a religion he could change at will according to his own wishes.  Eventually she poisoned his dinner and killed him, but not before she tested her mix.  Following a particularly heavy supper Mohammad [pbuh] said he was taken in a dream to the temple heights of Jerusalem.  The spot now hosts a building called THE DOME OF THE ROCK that commemorates Mohammad's ascension into heaven from the spot....the same spot he NEVER actually visited.  Mrs. Mo later concocted a supper that did the old man in...permanently.   So much for Islamic legend.  Mo was the victim of a spiritual lie...and admitted it.

While satan does need God's permission to afflict a person, that permission isn't as simple as most dogma suggests.  Even Christians can be tormented unto an early death ... as we are warned in scripture.

As to movement of the tempter among the 3 heavens, the actual placement of the tempter is problematic.   For instance, one CAN NOT claim as Jesus did, that satan was thrown down from heaven....and then surmise that Old Scratch continues to enjoy dropping in at the old house from time to time. 

Either satan is in or it's out.   Which is it?

Revelation 2:12-13 tells us the throne of satan is in Pergamum, Turkey.  That's a long Uber ride from the 3rd heaven.

A lot of itinerant preachers suggest its Vegas, Washington DC, Los Angeles or New York City.  Hey, if it gets them a bonus for their speeches why not?

One isn't led by satan so much as one is either tempted or owned.  Big difference.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft..

Edited by choir loft

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I was thinking specifically to Satan/demons ability to take on human form. I think they lost that power.