IGNORED

Can satan and other demons take on a human form and live among us?

Ervin P

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

The following from the Bible seems as it might indicate that the satan and the demons can maybe take on a human form and live among us:

Genesis 6:1:4

1 When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 
2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 
3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal ; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.” 
4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

And at 2 Corinthians 11:14:

14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 
15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

Could the above verses mean that satan and other demons take on a human body and live among us?

Thanks 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Ervin P said:

The following from the Bible seems as it might indicate that the satan and the demons can maybe take on a human form and live among us:

Genesis 6:1:4

1 When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 
2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 
3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal ; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.” 
4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

And at 2 Corinthians 11:14:

14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 
15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

Could the above verses mean that satan and other demons take on a human body and live among us?

Thanks 

I think they could appear in a human form but they are limited what they can do. God has the ultimate control. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

I'm in agreement with Justin and other one. Demons are the disembodied spirits of the Nephilim, the progeny of angels who left their first estate and took mortal women as their wives. Untold numbers of the wicked Nephilim were destroyed by the flood (and afterward by the nation of Israel). There is no place for Nephilim in God's creation hence their spirits wander the earth accursed. 

Demons are incapable of manifesting tangibly but their ability to seize control of a mortal body (human or animal) is one way they can accomplish something in a similar vein. The sons of God --- those angels who left their first estate --- are bound in chains awaiting the day of the Lord when their number will be cast into the lake of fire along with Satan and other angels who joined the accuser of the brethren.  Here's something to consider:

It's given to men to die and then face judgment, a truth we find recorded in the scriptures. Such is not the case for the Nephilim; they were judged by virtue of their abominable birth. According to the book of Revelation the first to be cast into the lake of fire are the Beast and the False Prophet. Notice how neither were resurrected with the dead to be judged on the day of the Lord... they were seized and cast into the lake of fire.    

Edited by Marathoner
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  452
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

I have always understood that Satan, the fallen angel Lucifer took 1/3 of the angels with him in a rebellion against God. A fallen angel is a demon. 

Demons and Satan can possess people and as we see in scripture a legion of them were cast out of a man by Jesus and sent into a heard of pigs and to the Abyss. 

Satan can appear as an angel of light. As Lucifer, he was the most powerful, adorned angel. It's interesting that as he perpetrates evil on mankind, he cannot do anything unless He has permission to. He needed permission to destroy everything in Job's life, but not Job and this was for a purpose. It was a lesson for us. We look at Job's life when everything seems to be collapsing around us - to hold on with hope and remain faithful to God to the end.

The idea of Satan being on a leash puzzled me for awhile. You would think if he disobeyed and started a rebellion against God, that he would continue to do so in complete disobedience. But God is SOVEREIGN.

So what can we say about this? If He appeared as an angel of light, then he had permission to - for a purpose. Frankly, I think he did appear to Joseph Smith. 

I can't prove it in scripture, but I do not believe that God would allow 200 million demons to appear in human form or even Satan. If they could, this world would be in chaos and mankind could not survive this kind of power. So, when they fell from heaven, they were most likely stripped of this ability. Obviously, Gids angels - the good ones can appear as men.

At the 5th trumpet sound, demonic locusts are released from the Abyss to torture mankind who have the mark of the Beast. Later on in the Apocalypse we see 200 million demonic horsemen. It appears to me that they are the same ones as the locusts, just in a different form. This is the only time, during the Great Tribulation, that they are released from the Abyss to destroy mankind. And again, they have strict orders - only those with the mark of the beast!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

I am undecided but lean in the direction that Ronald states. Can someone cf me on the exact source where we get that demons are the spirits of the Angel/human hybrids?

Back to topic- If demons are in fact, fallen angels then they would have that power unless it was stripped from them. I have no reference for that either way though I think it could be inferred they have the same power. Much like a diver is not in his natural element when he or she dives into the water, I think angels ( and maybe demons) need to go to extra trouble to pose as humans. 

I am a study of the paranormal and I would say that whenever angels materialize their appearances are at best temporary. It isn't as if one could move in next to you and live posing as a neighbor for a number of years. Everything I have studied seems to indicate that they need energy to do anything in this realm and that limits them to the time they are here. Earth is not their natural habitat. Doesn't mean they can't come back time and time again to try and induce fear in someone basically nagging people over and over again or otherwise making trouble.  In addition there are territories or boundaries they can and can't cross. Demons most often possess human hosts or show as dark shadows and make trouble as a precursor to possession. Though they can look almost human. People who have seen the demonic that pretend human like manifestations report something looked a little "off" about them. They apparently don't get it quite right. Sometimes they intentionally look similar to someone else you know and make it look off....like the story of the woman who woke in the night to see what she thought was her husband but he was smiling at her with a mouth that stretched all the way across his face, out of proportion to a normal human. 

In any case, their main game is fear. They want you to be afraid. 

Demons can and do imitate the human voices of people we know. In case after case we can see they often call people with a wife's or husband's name late in the night. 

To be clear, demons don't usually randomly harass people or show themselves in the physical world. They are most often working secretly in the shadows unawares to do the work of the devil. Most people who are getting into these kinds of physical manifestations have asked for it by opening a portal using ouiji boards, witchcraft or similar occult things. Becoming "ghost investigators" and so forth.

I had a dream not too long ago in which I was with two other people and we were next to a church. Along came a huge spider or what looked like a spider moving extremely fast. This thing could both walk and roll like a ball. It was MUCH larger than a real spider. So it rolled right into the church where we chased it. It scurried up into the ceiling of the church and hid in the darkness. Then I felt it was a message from the Lord that this is how the evil works in the church. It entrenches itself. One of it's main defenses is it's the ability to hide and camouflage. This was the ugly spider that was so fast and crafty.  This is a warning to the churches. Pray over your congregation. Pray over your church. If you have to walk around the building and pray over it that the evil would be exposed and expelled. If you don't believe that A. Its a real threat and that B. It can destroy your church you need your eyes opened.

Edited by Starise
spelling
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1

We need to be careful we don't unintentionally impose on Scripture meanings that aren't clearly there, or in our curiosity conclude we can see what we are hoping to find. Many do.

The sons of God are possibly those who at one time gave the Lord His proper place in their lives, or are angels (messengers) who didn't stay where they belonged. They had casual sexual relations with the daughters of man — of "Adam". The sons of these relationships were mighty men of renown, or warriors. The Nephilim — "fallen ones" — aren't clearly identified here so we need to speculate carefully. We can't be exactly sure why they are mentioned in the same context as the sons of God.

Our enemy takes the form of an angel of light. He pretends or appears to be on the side of righteousness, claiming spiritual authenticity in the world and within the true Church. In a similar way counterfeit apostles were deceitful workers masquerading (disguising themselves) as apostles of Christ. We shouldn't think of the devil appearing as a literal angel of light.

The name Lucifer came to be identified with the devil after translators of the 1611 version of the Bible chose not to translate the Hebrew word for "morning star" or "light-bringer" into English. Instead they capitalised the Latin word for "morning star" —"lucifer"— which is found in the Vulgate, a translation made in Latin from the original Hebrew. This decision created a proper name that hadn't previously existed and has led to confusion. In context it can't be concluded beyond doubt that the "morning star" of Isaiah 14:12 refers to the devil.

https://handtotheploughblog.wordpress.com/father-of-lies/

Edited by Speks
Clarity
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

Speks- Good points all. We can't be too careful. Since there are so many terms for Satan I usually just call him the devil and people know who I mean.  October here in the US means Halloween time. Maybe there in Ireland too?  To me it's the worst time. Too many people think it's just a time to dress up and have fun. In reality the deeper parts of it might cause nausea among the sqeamish. A shame to really go into too much detail about what happens not just around Halloween but other times of the year too.

Does Drowsey Maggie, Morrison's and The Banshee ring a bell? Add  1000 more and you have ITM. Will we ever learn all of the tunes? Pleased to meet another here who plays it!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

most assuredly

Heb 13:2

2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
KJV