• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Starise said:

OK tough guy go after those demons. I'll get you hooked up. lol. :guns:

I was attempting to balance the conversation. I hate blanket statements. You come out with both guns blaring here that people who are concerned are afraid. That's hogwash.

So yeah.....there's nothing to be concerned about at all ( sarcasm intended).

I agree with you God is not the author of either confusion or fear. Maybe fear is behind some of the people who talk about this. But to balance this a little bit, lets talk about just one spiritual entity- Angels.  Many of those who seen them in the Bible bowed down to them when approached by them. They are an awesome force. Only a few of them destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. You need a HEALTHY respect and yes, it's easy to become fearful if you really see it and this is why we need to go into anything like this with lots of prayer.  You seemed to me to be dismissive of this which is a big oversight.

Bring them to me.

Past that please do not put words in my mouth. I have not conflated due diligence with fear. Nor did i conflate a bump in the night with demons.

Past that, you mention angels. A few things.

We are to fear GOD HIS righteous judgement.

Angels are of GOD. So showing reverence and awe and respect for such is as a surety for the genuine believer i would think.

Showing reverence for thw things of GOD and not testing GOD is wholly separate and different from being frightened by the unknown or superstitious. One will lead to a believer standing firm in their GOD given faith, while the other will leave one with a "valid" (sarcastic) excuse to hoard and hold up for the sake of ones own skin.

I think that's far enough for now. 

That first bit was cute.

peace

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian

6 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

There is a word that has a place in this discussion. 

The word is being anxious. 

"In Anxiety"

And in your opinion, does general anxiety have anything to do with discomfort in ones own skin due to ones own choices and doings? Can it have to do with ones upbringing, and the environment there of? And lastly; can focusing on the things of the Lord, and being thankful to HIM help one to stive off the worries of life? 

peace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 12/15/2020 at 8:07 PM, popsthebuilder said:

And in your opinion, does general anxiety have anything to do with discomfort in ones own skin due to ones own choices and doings? Can it have to do with ones upbringing, and the environment there of? And lastly; can focusing on the things of the Lord, and being thankful to HIM help one to stive off the worries of life? 

peace

I can not disagree, anxiety is build on something, it does have roots.

The unseen world it does build anxiety in people. 

The fear element is present, and torment is present.  

If I may ask, do you believe that a demon had anything to do with what the OP had experienced? 

And why?

peace

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I can not disagree, anxiety is build on something, it does have roots.

The unseen world it does build anxiety in people. 

The fear element is present, and torment is present.  

If I may ask, do you believe that a demon had anything to do with what the OP had experienced? 

And why?

peace

Tricks of the mind can be due to demons in a way i suppose. Hallucinations of both visual ans auditory sorts could also be attributed to demons. It isn't for me to claim that that which torments another is or is not evil. It is for me to exclaim that our demons or even evil that seems to come from outside of us can only affect us negatively if we dwell on it and allow fear to rule the day. Torment nor grief is to dictate the life of the believer. The op is clear that these things are in actuality cause for them to focus on the things of the Lord. And i am in agreement there. Everything in life can be used to bring us closer to the things and will of GOD within our own lives; or can be used to pull us from the narrow path and away from the Light and direction of GOD. This, to me, is partially why we must be ever vigilant, and not be easily stirred into fear and the actions or lack there of due to fear of anything other than GOD. Demons are powerless to affect anything apart from the will of GOD. Man is the only creation given such freedom and potential. Therefore it is man that must be rebuked; even self that must be put in check in trying times. It is not for some to have children, but to be as children of the Light of GOD. Even as a light to others for their sake.

Sorry if overly cryptic. It was not my intention. Please feel free to ask anything. 

May GOD bless and guide whom HE will.

peace

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,085
  • Content Per Day:  9.73
  • Days Won:  149

On 12/15/2020 at 8:02 PM, popsthebuilder said:

Angels are of GOD. So showing reverence and awe and respect for such is as a surety for the genuine believer i would think.

True that, as are fallen angels. I think we should handle them like a rattlesnake and only through the Lord's power.Same with demons. 

On 12/15/2020 at 8:02 PM, popsthebuilder said:

Showing reverence for thw things of GOD and not testing GOD is wholly separate and different from being frightened by the unknown or superstitious. One will lead to a believer standing firm in their GOD given faith, while the other will leave one with a "valid" (sarcastic) excuse to hoard and hold up for the sake of ones own skin.

I think maybe we are coming at this from opposite ends. I never seen anything about this thread as "testing God". I apologize I might have misunderstood. 

These things are often taken lightly until they are experienced. We are not supposed to fear but neither would I invite it in any way shape or form.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 12/17/2020 at 12:45 AM, popsthebuilder said:

Tricks of the mind can be due to demons in a way i suppose. Hallucinations of both visual ans auditory sorts could also be attributed to demons. It isn't for me to claim that that which torments another is or is not evil. It is for me to exclaim that our demons or even evil that seems to come from outside of us can only affect us negatively if we dwell on it and allow fear to rule the day. Torment nor grief is to dictate the life of the believer. The op is clear that these things are in actuality cause for them to focus on the things of the Lord. And i am in agreement there. Everything in life can be used to bring us closer to the things and will of GOD within our own lives; or can be used to pull us from the narrow path and away from the Light and direction of GOD. This, to me, is partially why we must be ever vigilant, and not be easily stirred into fear and the actions or lack there of due to fear of anything other than GOD. Demons are powerless to affect anything apart from the will of GOD. Man is the only creation given such freedom and potential. Therefore it is man that must be rebuked; even self that must be put in check in trying times. It is not for some to have children, but to be as children of the Light of GOD. Even as a light to others for their sake.

Sorry if overly cryptic. It was not my intention. Please feel free to ask anything. 

May GOD bless and guide whom HE will.

peace

I find it difficult to agree with a number of things. 

Is not wise to quickly say "Amen" to this or that, that it has to been seen in the discussion that follows. 

You are a mature individual and you are very articulate in approaching difficult questions.

But why would you not further inquiry and look into how we know or how we can test as to where these experiences as describe in the OP are coming from. 

I am sorry to say that and may not be the polite way but your excuse in the statement "that made them seek the Lord" is not suggesting that they seek the Lord to find out what was those things about, and if it were originated from him, to their inner self to go on and do what was the will of Jesus to show them something that was part of them, the companionship they had with their pets and to remind them about their strong bond. Perhaps something that was missing and they needed. 

Their companionship and the joy to have them around...and that they had filled a avoid in their relationship...

There are questions to be answer.

Such as; was about time to welcome another puppy of the same breed in their home? 

Was the Lord telling them there is a puppy of the same breed waiting to be adopted by them?

Dogs are very good companions and always they there for us. 

peace 

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I find it difficult to agree with a number of things. 

Is not wise to quickly say "Amen" to this or that, that it has to been seen in the discussion that follows. 

You are a mature individual and you are very articulate in approaching difficult questions.

But why would you not further inquiry and look into how we know or how we can test as to where these experiences as describe in the OP are coming from. 

I am sorry to say that and may not be the polite way but your excuse in the statement "that made them seek the Lord" is not suggesting that they seek the Lord to find out what was those things about, and if it were originated from him, to their inner self to go on and do what was the will of Jesus to show them something that was part of them, the companionship they had with their pets and to remind them about their strong bond. Perhaps something that was missing and they needed. 

Their companionship and the joy to have them around...and that they had filled a avoid in their relationship...

There are questions to be answer.

Such as; was about time to welcome another puppy of the same breed in their home? 

Was the Lord telling them there is a puppy of the same breed waiting to be adopted by them?

Dogs are very good companions and always they there for us. 

peace 

I have five dogs. They are great companions.

The metric to know if a spirit is of GOD or not is by what that spirit produces or causes. Perhaps their fears will somehow cause them to do the will of GOD. In fact; that they sought the guidance and empowerment of the Lord in order to deal with these "demons" shows that though these things may be frightening; they still caused the ones receiving them to seek the Lord.

I can't say if such occurrences are GOD trying to get them to seek out another companion. That is a little too far for me to stretch. It is enough for me to see that they sought GOD and the protection and guidance there of.

I'm not very articulate and actually struggle to accurately communicate my meaning very often. My intent in thia thread was and is focused on the fact that we are admonished to fear no thing but GOD. I know that you do not need scripture for such claim, but perhaps others could find solace in it.

peace 

https://www.openbible.info/topics/fear_and_anxiety

• This is Worthy 1