IGNORED

The Grahams

DocVader

11 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Many from The Jesus People Movement became disillusioned by the fact that following salvation and baptism of the Holy Ghost was more than just getting "high on God". Some shallow believers even touted this on the streets as homebrew evangelists. How I remember them. I'd like to think and trust not all of us myself included, ever bought into that murky gospel and continued on for Jesus as the way, the truth, and the life, just like He intended. But, there was also a fall-away too. Countless, perhaps. 

My wife and I saw a number of people leave our former home church because the basic Gospel was being corrupted by the false teachings of the pastoral staff.  People leaving include all the members of our Bible Study; my aunt, uncle and two cousins; and other people we knew.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  1

In that interview with Graham, it sounds a bit like the wrestling that CS Lewis must have done regarding those who have been born and raised in places where the gospel never was really taught. That's based on what he wrote in the "The Last Battle" with the one Calorman soldier who did not know Aslan and had served the only god he knew, Tash. But he had served with honesty and integrity and sought to do right which Aslan then credited to the soldier as service done unto Aslan (I hope I paraphrased that right).

The famous Romans quote also comes to mind - that the created order attests to God.