• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

48 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

In the following video, on May 31, 1997, on the Hour of Power television program titled "Say 'Yes' To Possibility Thinking," program #1426, Robert Schuller interviewed Billy Graham. What Mr. Graham said in the video is alarming.  The following is transcribed starting at 1:20 into the video. (See the Video)

Schuller isn't even on the same plain of Graham when it comes to Christianity. He and his Crystal Cathedral Church was similar to the format of the more modern, updated, new and improved, hansom and good looking, Joel Osteen. This is "feel good religion". It's nice and there's nothing wrong with the positive things of faith in Christ. But, when the rubber meets the road and the breaks give out, plus one of the tires goes flat, all that mush flies right out the window. This is NOT being anchored to the Rock. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member

50 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Clearly Graham taught heresy in 1978.  Pagans without the gospel are not saved.  We do not find God through nature - which is why we have the Scriptures and the preaching of the Gospel.  Billy Graham's sentiment is worldly and not biblical.  It is a shame that he is teaching this false doctrine.

Source: Billy Graham

Yeah, I can't argue the fact that Billy Graham did push the envelope and stepped over the line with a bit too much compromising when ascertaining who outside of true Christianity, then making the call on who was saved thinking themselves righteous enough outside of Christ and being equivalent of to being born again. Surmising false gods as our Father in Heaven is a tough call to make and I think it's possible, but not probable. God's word is clear and yes, there were times Reverend Graham diluted the gospel of his calling. I can't say it outshadowed all the true experiences of salvation he did bring to the world. Does it outweigh that? No, I don't think so. But, it is my own personal opinion having been and served on his team as an usher/counselor at one of his week-long crusades. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Yeah, I can't argue the fact that Billy Graham did push the envelope and stepped over the line with a bit too much compromising when ascertaining who outside of true Christianity, then making the call on who was saved thinking themselves righteous enough outside of Christ and being equivalent of to being born again. Surmising false gods as our Father in Heaven is a tough call to make and I think it's possible, but not probable. God's word is clear and yes, there were times Reverend Graham diluted the gospel of his calling. I can't say it outshadowed all the true experiences of salvation he did bring to the world. Does it outweigh that? No, I don't think so. But, it is my own personal opinion having been and served on his team as an usher/counselor at one of his week-long crusades. 

My problem is with all of the emotional Christian conversions which are not based on something tangible, but on something emotional.  I saw the same thing happen in my home Evangelical Charismatic Church; the same thing happen at Kenneth Copeland's Revivals; the same thing happen at Jerry Savelle Ministries; etc.  My home church had week long, multiple speaker revivals every Labor Day Week.

As I've said before and repeat here, I left the Charismatic movement because of their embrace of New Age Techniques and Philosophies.  I consider myself a Fundamentalist, taking the Bible as literal truth as translated by noted Biblical scholars.

• Thumbs Up 1

I got distracted.  One thing I wanted to mention is follow-through.  Do the people who actually come forward get the follow through they need to become successful Christians.

1 hour ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Clearly Graham taught heresy in 1978. 

Not to say Reverend Graham was a "Solomon" or anything like that. It does remind me that having been the what we understand as the wisest man that was blessed by God, turned to heathenism in his latter dying days. Perhaps it was because he took that blessing for granted and mixed with too many godless wives and concubines. Nearly one thousand? That's taking advantage and more than a little bit.

It did cost him the faith he had in the Lord.

And by the way, sorry we are now way = :off-topic:

1. 1 Kings 11:4 For when Solomon grew old, his ... - Bible Hub

https://biblehub.com/1_kings/11-4.htm

King James 2000 Bible. For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father. American King James Version.

2. 1 Kings 11:5 Solomon followed Ashtoreth the ... - Bible Hub

https://biblehub.com/1_kings/11-5.htm

For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians and after Milcom the detestable idol of the Ammonites. New King James Version For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites. King James Bible For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites. …

3. 1 Kings 11 KJV - But king Solomon loved ... - Bible Gateway

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+kings+11&version=KJV

10 And had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods: but he kept not that which the Lord commanded. 11 Wherefore the Lord said unto Solomon, Forasmuch as this is done of thee, and thou hast not kept my covenant and my statutes, which I have commanded thee, I will surely rend the kingdom from thee, and will give it to thy servant.

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I got distracted.  One thing I wanted to mention is follow-through.  Do the people who actually come forward get the follow through they need to become successful Christians.

One more thing; I was an agnostic when I introduced myself to the Gap Theory and I became a Christian because of it. 

• Praise God! 1

47 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

It is the ultimate goal of the Graham Crusade Ministry. I would say the hopeful answer would be an affirmative yes. Please re-read my post. 

On 10/27/2020 at 6:57 AM, BeauJangles said:

When you are an evangelist, the primary goal is seeing souls won for Christ. I was trained as an usher in one of his crusades here in our city for a week's engagement. We carried tracts to pass out for those who came forward to give their hearts to Jesus. There are almost an equal amount of them at the front stage to take a moment or so with each person and in the tracts is the following information. The basics of Christianity in what was termed: The Four Spiritual Laws. It explains what salvation is and what your decision in accepting Christ as Saviour means overall.

It also encourages each person to find a bible-based church of believers and begin reading the word of God also for themselves to better understand it. The Graham Crusade Ministries also offers a study you can receive at no cost to you and they send free literature to know the Lord's will for your life better. It's a bible learning course in assistance to help keep people walking right before the God. Hopefully, this gives our readers a little understanding about how the Graham Ministries operate. There is much more to the crusades than merely getting people saved.  

How many are variable of course. Track records speak for themselves. Baby Christians sometimes in many cases continue being so for the remainder of their lives, never truly understanding that decision for Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

My problem is with all of the emotional Christian conversions which are not based on something tangible, but on something emotional.  I saw the same thing happen in my home Evangelical Charismatic Church; the same thing happen at Kenneth Copeland's Revivals; the same thing happen at Jerry Savelle Ministries; etc.  My home church had week long, multiple speaker revivals every Labor Day Week.

As I've said before and repeat here, I left the Charismatic movement because of their embrace of New Age Techniques and Philosophies.  I consider myself a Fundamentalist, taking the Bible as literal truth as translated by noted Biblical scholars.

Many from The Jesus People Movement became disillusioned by the fact that following salvation and baptism of the Holy Ghost was more than just getting "high on God". Some shallow believers even touted this on the streets as homebrew evangelists. How I remember them. I'd like to think and trust not all of us myself included, ever bought into that murky gospel and continued on for Jesus as the way, the truth, and the life, just like He intended. But, there was also a fall-away too. Countless, perhaps. 

• This is Worthy 1

22 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

My problem is with all of the emotional Christian conversions which are not based on something tangible, but on something emotional.  I saw the same thing happen in my former home Evangelical Charismatic Church; the same thing happen at Kenneth Copeland's Revivals; the same thing happen at Jerry Savelle Ministries; etc.  My former home church had week long, multiple speaker revivals every Labor Day Week.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Many from The Jesus People Movement became disillusioned by the fact that following salvation and baptism of the Holy Ghost was more than just getting "high on God". Some shallow believers even touted this on the streets as homebrew evangelists. How I remember them. I'd like to think and trust not all of us myself included, ever bought into that murky gospel and continued on for Jesus as the way, the truth, and the life, just like He intended. But, there was also a fall-away too. Countless, perhaps. 

I had to correct my quote you used to make it clearly understood the home church (Evangelical Charismatic) I spoke of was/is my former home church.  To be honest with you and everyone else, I do not have a home church although a couple of churches I've been to were fine by me, but not by my wife.

• Thumbs Up 1