Mike Mclees

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

I do not know much about the social net works, but if you read this and believe it to be valuable and worthy message  take it and post it on your networks. Our witness is a great duty for the during this time of crises  

Thank you and may God all of you 

Back I believe in the 6o's There was a singing group that was led by  a man named Eric Clapton. He wrote this song ke and"Tears in Heaven." The lyrics struck me as they ask crucial questions. See if they can't reflect to any of us. It says Would you take my hand if I were in heaven? Would you know my name if I were in heaven? 
Let me explain something here about about knowing our name. There will be those who would see Christ and want to be with Him after their passing, but Jesus will say of them I never knew you depart from me those of you who lived as if they did know Him or even wanted to. Will He know your name? It will not be because he didn't truly know you because he does know you as he does all of us. No for Him too say I don't know you will be because you never wanted know Him, and your life never reflected the desire as if your life would be of no consequence. 
It say in John 10: 3,4 I call my sheep by name. 
2 But he that enters in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3 To him the porter opens, and the sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.

How shall it be with  you? Have you  given thought about your life? Was it just about yourself   and living any way your own spirit led you. If you haven't would you want to take thought of it now while there is yet time. Time is short. most people who think maybe tomorrow I will decide.  What if you don't make it to tomorrow. What then? You  see once you  pass from this present life there will be no more opportunity. It will be to late. We have to make a choice and see our real need for a savior. Don't make bets on your life.
Never has life been so fragile as it is right now. Death is all around us. As I heard a preacher say we live in  a dangerous world. For me 
 would not want to wait another second. Jesus said no man can come to Him except the Father draw him. He talks to us with  great care for our soul. Don't hesitate for a man who hesitates is like a fool. Are you happy with your life as you have lived. If you stood before the Lord right now would he call you by name? 

I do not know much about the social net works, but if you read this and believe it to be valuable and worthy message  take it and post it on your networks. Our witness is a great duty for the during this time of crises  

Back I believe in the 6o's There was a singing group that was led by  a man named Eric Clapton. He wrote this song  "Tears in Heaven." The lyrics struck me as they ask crucial questions. See if they can't reflect to any of us. It says Would you take my hand if I were in heaven? Would you know my name if I were in heaven? 
Let me explain something here about about knowing our name. There will be those who would see Christ and want to be with Him after their passing, but Jesus will say of them I never knew you depart from me those of you who lived as if they did know Him or even wanted to. Will He know your name? It will not be because he didn't truly know you because he does know you as he does all of us. No for Him too say I don't know you will be because you never wanted know Him, and your life never reflected the desire as if your life would be of no consequence. 
3 To him the porter opens, and the sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.

How shall it be with  you? Have you  given thought about your life? Was it just about yourself   and living any way your own spirit led you. If you haven't would you want to take thought of it now while there is yet time. Time is short. most people who think maybe tomorrow I will decide.  What if you don't make it to tomorrow. What then? You  see once you  pass from this present life there will be no more opportunity. It will be to late. We have to make a choice and see our real need for a savior. Don't make bets on your life.
Never has life been so fragile as it is right now. Death is all around us. As I heard a preacher say we live in  a dangerous world. For me I would not want to wait another second. Jesus said no man can come to Him except the Father draw him. He talks to us with  great care for our soul. Don't hesitate for a man who hesitates is like a fool. Are you happy with your life as you have lived. If you stood before the Lord right now would he call you by name? 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

1 hour ago, Mike Mclees said:

Back I believe in the 6o's There was a singing group that was led by  a man named Eric Clapton. He wrote this song ke and"Tears in Heaven." The lyrics struck me as they ask crucial questions. See if they can't reflect to any of us. It says Would you take my hand if I were in heaven? Would you know my name if I were in heaven? 

Eric Clapton wrote this song after 6 months after his 4 year old son’s death. 
The story is here:  https://www.rocksoffmag.com/conor-clapton-the-tragic-story-behind-tears-in-heaven/

Great song  

Edited by WayneS

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Of course the original meaning and inspiration behind the melody and lyrics  from what I have read, is that he dedicated it to his little son who fell from a balcony in the high rise flat and obviously was lost.Looking at Eric's history and the way the record industry boosted him and the popularity that he achieved ,virtually affording him "divine status" with graffiti such a "Clapton is God" ect.,one can imagine that the loss of his son "brought him to his senses"(Lk.15:17) as a remorseful father, away from a materialistic world where the world only knows your "name" when you mean "money"! If drugs and alkohol is what it takes "prince of this world"(Jn 12;31)  will say; "tell someone who cares"!Of course we don't really know what our normal human relationships will be like when we enter heaven as children saved, considering "  29.Jesus replied, 'You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.30.At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage, they will be like angels in heaven."(N.I.V.Mt 22:29-30).

Songs like paintings mean different things to different people. Therefore I believe it totally acceptable to allegories on the literal intention behind the song and view it as Christ not "knowing" a particular individual in terms of shepherd and sheep example above.   Also in this context , "32 Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven.33 But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in Heaven"(Mt  10:32-33)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

To my knowledge Eric Clapton had a number of Christian friends in the music business. He was interested in the Gospel at one time. I've no idea what the fruit of that was.

God can use many things to touch us. Even if it verses from song that may be secular. verses can offer can be excellent witness which  have  done before. After all secular people relate  personally. to the certain songs. I am not not endorsing secular music but not all secular music is evil. Of course the music must have someone point out How God wants to speak to us. Songs can express the emotons such as sadness, lowliness, searching for purpose and meaning. I would not use love songs but thing that express feeling of the heart  

34 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

God can use many things to touch us. Even if  verses from a son may be secular. verses can offer and be excellent witness which I have  done before. After all secular people relate  personally. to the certain songs. I am not not endorsing secular music but not all secular music is evil. Of course the music must have someone point out How God wants to speak to us. Songs can express the emotions such as sadness, lowliness, searching for purpose and meaning. I would not use love songs but thing that express feeling of the heart  

I miss editing. I always make errors 

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/08/1978

You can edit using the three dots on the upper right. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

18 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Never has life been so fragile as it is right now. Death is all around us. As I heard a preacher say we live in  a dangerous world. For me 
 would not want to wait another second. Jesus said no man can come to Him except the Father draw him. He talks to us with  great care for our soul. Don't hesitate for a man who hesitates is like a fool. Are you happy with your life as you have lived. If you stood before the Lord right now would he call you by name? 

We will know family members in heaven.There will be no tears in heaven. There is a lot we do not know about heaven. I believe that those here on earth who did not make it to heaven will be blotted out of our mind. 

Edited by missmuffet

On 10/26/2020 at 10:51 AM, missmuffet said:

We will know family members in heaven.There will be no tears in heaven. There is a lot we do not know about heaven. I believe that those here on earth who did not make it to heaven will be blotted out of our mind. 

Eric in his song acknowledged that there would not be tears in heaven. but that was not the point I was driving at in my post. It was will you know my name if were in heaven.  That is the question of thought and why I posted. Then i asked do you like the the way you lived you life? would you be at peace with God and would He know your faith. or would He say i don't know you ? 

Edited by Mike Mclees