IGNORED

Why Is There Many Religious and Only One KJV Or Bible?

Bro.Tan

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

• Over the years many have taught various ways to receive everlasting life. No wonder the world is full of so many denominations. All of these different doctrines, seemingly coming from the bible, tend only to confuse people. Most people don't know what to believe and simply choose not to attend any church. All of these different doctrines, seemingly coming from the bible, tend only to confuse people. Most people don't know what to believe and simply choose not to attend any church.
  •  
  • Nevertheless, the bible speaks of only one way to get eternal salvation. "One Lord (Two that make up the God Head) , one faith, one baptism" (Ephesians 4:5). The next time someone asks you what faith you are, tell them there's only one faith. The road to eternal salvation starts with knowledge of the Holy Scriptures. God doesn't want us to memorize two or three verses, but instead he left the entire bible so we can learn how to get salvation. If we learn it, believe it and obey it (the bible), salvation will be our reward. For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. (Matthew 16:27) 
  •  
  • However, with all the various doctrines (teachings) it's hard to know which road to take. Many claim that it really doesn't matter saying, "you serve God your way and I'll serve God my way." Since the Lord is the author of eternal salvation we can only obtain it by serving him his way (Hebrews 5:9). Some choose to rely on the wisdom of their pastor by putting his word above God's word.
  •  
  • Nevertheless, in judgment each one of us will give account for our own salvation. Therefore, we must not let anyone lead us down the wrong path, but should verify all of our teaching with the holy bible. YOUR SALVATION IS AT STAKE! "...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" (Philippians 2:12).

•  

• Thumbs Up 1

Jesus warned us that the road to salvation is straight and narrow and that only a few of us will find it. Many are traveling down the wrong road, which leads to destruction. This is because many of us have heard about salvation but few of us want to do what is necessary to get salvation (many are called but few are chosen). Many contend that Jesus did it all and now all we have to do is have faith.

The bible says, we must not only be a hearer of the word, but a doer of the word also (James 1:21-22). DON'T FOOL YOURSELF! If we really have faith in Jesus our actions will prove it. If Jesus is our Lord then we will obey him. Even a child will obey a parent, by getting good grades in school, for the reward of a new bicycle. The child cannot earn money for the bicycle, but instead must act upon their faith to receive the free gift. We must do the same to receive eternal life. "FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD"(James 2:20).

Some say you must obey God's word, but then they turn around and teach contrary to God's word. At best they never get around to explaining exactly what kind of works are needed to get eternal life. A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, "... KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS" (Matthew 19:16-19).

This was a direct answer to a direct question, which all of us will do well to take heed to. Anybody can claim to have faith, but actions speak louder than words. Faith and works go together and you can't have one without the other. "Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12).

True saints realize that God's law must be obeyed to receive eternal life. Why does the bible seem to teach that the law has been done away with, if we must still keep the commandments? When the bible speaks of laws we no longer have to keep, it is speaking of the sacrificial laws. These laws were a school master pointing us to the fact that Jesus would be sacrificed for our sins. Since Jesus died we are no longer under a school master, (required to offer up bulls and goats for our sins).

Now we must believe (have faith) Jesus died for us (Hebrews 10:4,9-10). This doesn't mean we don't have to obey God's moral laws of conduct. That would be like a man getting paroled from prison and then ignoring the same laws that sent him to prison in the first place. Jesus only died once, so if we willingly break God's law, after accepting Jesus, our reward will be eternal damnation (Hebrews 10:26-27). Let us avoid this at all costs, seeking a better reward. Jesus will return real soon and reward us all according to our works (Revelation 22:12).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

Throughout the bible we find that in order to receive eternal salvation we must keep God's commandments to the end. If we make a mistake we must not give up, but continue to strive for the prize (Philippians 3:13-14). The last chapter in the whole bible reminds us of this one last time. "Blessed are they that do his commandments that they may have right to the tree of life." (Revelation 22:14). After this we find only seven more verses in the bible, and none of them does away with God's commandments.

The commandments of God are not hard to keep (I John 5:3) and furthermore, they teach us love in the highest degree. If you love Jesus you will keep his commandments (St. John 14:15). You will not displease the Lord by: Worshipping other gods, having graven images, taking his name in vain, breaking his Sabbath day (which is Saturday not Sunday), or dishonoring your parents. On the other hand, if you love your neighbor as yourself you will not kill him, commit adultery with his spouse, steal from him, falsely accuse him, or covet anything of his.

This is true love, and if obeyed how much better would our world be? This is why Jesus said that the two greatest commandments are loving the Lord with all your heart, soul, and mind; and loving your neighbor as yourself (Matthew 22:35-40). These two commandments are the foundation of the entire law. Many reject the law, but it is HOLY, JUST AND GOOD (Romans 7:12) even today.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,023
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

As per the title of the thread:

Q. Why are there so many religions?

A. Because unregenerate humanity prefers its own concepts of God rather than the truth of God's Word. 

Q. Why is there only one KJV?

A. Because King James wanted a version of Scripture that suited his agenda.

Q. Why is there only one Bible?

A. Because as 2 Timothy 3:16-17 says: "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,  (17)  that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work," so there is no need for any other "bible".

• Thumbs Up 4

On 11/3/2020 at 5:05 PM, Michael37 said:

As per the title of the thread:

Q. Why are there so many religions?

A. Because unregenerate humanity prefers its own concepts of God rather than the truth of God's Word. 

Q. Why is there only one KJV?

A. Because King James wanted a version of Scripture that suited his agenda.

Q. Why is there only one Bible?

A. Because as 2 Timothy 3:16-17 says: "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,  (17)  that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work," so there is no need for any other "bible".

I get what you saying, I just try to understand if we all read out of the same Bible we should pretty much come to the same conclusion, or understanding. It just amazes me that people don't Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. (proverb 3:5) I learn that the bible actually give guidance to it self, But where shall wisdom be found? and where is the place of understanding? (Job 28:12). Very good question here... God understandeth the way thereof, and he knoweth the place thereof.  Then did he see it, and declare it; he prepared it, yea, and searched it out.  And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.( Job 28: 23, 27, 28)

Do not let anyone convince you that it's wrong to keep God's commandments. Don't let anyone deprive you of the opportunity to receive eternal life. We were deprived of this opportunity once, but the death of Jesus has given us another chance. All have sinned (broken the law...I John 3:4) and the wages of sin is death. When Jesus (the true Lamb of God) was sacrificed, he removed our sins. If we accept Jesus as our sin offering, we are required to repent and get baptized IN THE NAME OF JESUS ("there is none other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved..."(Acts 4: 12). This is our last chance Israel.

To repent means to turn from our sinful ways and start obeying God's law. The water baptism signifies the washing away of our past sins. After repenting and being baptized in the name of Jesus it would be foolish for us to turn around and willingly break God's commandments. If we make an honest mistake Jesus can help us, but if we sin willingly, look out! "...there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation..." (Hebrews 10:26-27). When Jesus died only the sacrificial law was done away with, alone with Leviticus priesthood.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

On 11/6/2020 at 4:23 PM, Bro.Tan said:

I get what you saying, I just try to understand if we all read out of the same Bible we should pretty much come to the same conclusion, or understanding. It just amazes me that people don't Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. (proverb 3:5) I learn that the bible actually give guidance to it self, But where shall wisdom be found? and where is the place of understanding? (Job 28:12). Very good question here... God understandeth the way thereof, and he knoweth the place thereof.  Then did he see it, and declare it; he prepared it, yea, and searched it out.  And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.( Job 28: 23, 27, 28)

Part of the problem, is that few people actually know how to read, study, and interpret the Scriptures. Few people understand that in order to come to a complete and accurate understanding of Scripture we must learn and apply a complete Biblical Hermeneutic (principles of Biblical interpretation) to our study of Scripture. All too often people are OK with just taking what the pastor teaches them - which is a huge problem in America today...how do you know if your pastor was called by God and gifted to fill that position, or if he called himself? If he called himself, then he legitimately has NO place standing behind the pulpit. If he was not called by God, then he is not anointed or gifted to be able to fulfill that ministry, but that's only part of the problem.

And because I know that it passed through someone's mind, Biblical Hermeneutics does not, and cannot, bypass the Holy Spirit in helping us to come to His intended meaning of Scripture. In other words, we need the Holy Spirit and Biblical hermeneutics. Some call that blasphemy - but that's only because they don't have a clue about what they speak. The Holy Spirit does not give us the historical background or covenant information that has a direct affect upon understanding a specific text, neither does He give us divine revelation on Biblical Greek and its grammar...and I could go on listing things. The Holy Spirit's job is NOT to give you His intended meaning in any text, it is to help you while you do your part in searching out that truth.

If it was the Holy Spirit's job to give us His accurate intended meaning of every text in Scripture, then...we would ALL be on the same page, for the most part. The fact that we aren't, is evidence in fact.

Blessings!

Edited by SwordMaster
Remembered something I forgot earlier.

13 hours ago, SwordMaster said:

Part of the problem, is that few people actually know how to read, study, and interpret the Scriptures. Few people understand that in order to come to a complete and accurate understanding of Scripture we must learn and apply a complete Biblical Hermeneutic (principles of Biblical interpretation) to our study of Scripture. All too often people are OK with just taking what the pastor teaches them - which is a huge problem in America today...how do you know if your pastor was called by God and gifted to fill that position, or if he called himself? If he called himself, then he legitimately has NO place standing behind the pulpit. If he was not called by God, then he is not anointed or gifted to be able to fulfill that ministry, but that's only part of the problem.

And because I know that it passed through someone's mind, Biblical Hermeneutics does not, and cannot, bypass the Holy Spirit in helping us to come to His intended meaning of Scripture. In other words, we need the Holy Spirit and Biblical hermeneutics. Some call that blasphemy - but that's only because they don't have a clue about what they speak. The Holy Spirit does not give us the historical background or covenant information that has a direct affect upon understanding a specific text, neither does He give us divine revelation on Biblical Greek and its grammar...and I could go on listing things. The Holy Spirit's job is NOT to give you His intended meaning in any text, it is to help you while you do your part in searching out that truth.

If it was the Holy Spirit's job to give us His accurate intended meaning of every text in Scripture, then...we would ALL be on the same page, for the most part. The fact that we aren't, is evidence in fact.

Blessings!

Much of what you said is on point. I disagree with Biblical Hermeneutics, the bible actually interpret itself. Another thing to understand, according to the scriptures God gave the oracles to Israel, which is presently in captivity to this day. For what purpose did the Lord choose the children of Israel? (Exodus 19: 1-6) Let's look at the 5th & 6th vs.; "Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: (6th vs.) and ye shall be unto me a Kingdom of Priest, and a holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel."  This has a lot to do with lack of knowledge in the word of God today. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: Because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me. Seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children. (7th verse) As they increased, so they sinned against me; therefore I will change their glory into shame." (Hosea 4:6-7).

No other nation have the Priesthood to this day, so Jesus took the priesthood and became our high priest after the order of Melchizedek and Israel went into captivity and most of them don't know who they are. In the days of Paul he had to let it be known What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? (Roman 3:1-3). Also Paul says in Romans 11: 25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. Some of Israel is still on there Job to this day, even though the most is blind. So consider this, because it is the word of God, and many will not recognized this because they have tasted the power of God word and miss lead many people and that's one reason why Israel is scatter among the nations.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 11/3/2020 at 4:36 PM, Bro.Tan said:

Throughout the bible we find that in order to receive eternal salvation we must keep God's commandments to the end. If we make a mistake we must not give up, but continue to strive for the prize (Philippians 3:13-14). The last chapter in the whole bible reminds us of this one last time. "Blessed are they that do his commandments that they may have right to the tree of life." (Revelation 22:14). After this we find only seven more verses in the bible, and none of them does away with God's commandments.

The commandments of God are not hard to keep (I John 5:3) and furthermore, they teach us love in the highest degree. If you love Jesus you will keep his commandments (St. John 14:15). You will not displease the Lord by: Worshipping other gods, having graven images, taking his name in vain, breaking his Sabbath day (which is Saturday not Sunday), or dishonoring your parents. On the other hand, if you love your neighbor as yourself you will not kill him, commit adultery with his spouse, steal from him, falsely accuse him, or covet anything of his.

I think a problem that many have is knowing exactly what the commandments are. In the Old Testament there are many more commandments than the 10 we most recognize. Are we to follow the OT commandments to stone adulterers? If so, we should get off the backs of Muslims.

Of course we are not to stone adulterers, so where does that leave the rest of the OT commandments. I think Christ answered this for us. Too often men attempt to impose their own wants onto what scripture actually says. This complicates things, when the truth is that Christs words make it very clear.

• One of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all? And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
  • Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Much of what you said is on point. I disagree with Biblical Hermeneutics, the bible actually interpret itself.

Most uneducated people disagree too. Yes, many parts of the Bible does interpret itself, but 90% of it does not, and that is why (again) we have so many different denominations and loads of false doctrines floating around the church landscape.