• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,010
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

25 minutes ago, Amanda Frances said:

I live in California, and it's beautiful,  but do like to travel.   Someone in chat here lives in NZ too.   The whole world is beautiful but I am realizing that I should think more about Israel or Jerusalem as being the most beautiful as I think I read that in scripture.   

From my reading of history, and Josephus, and the Bible I'm preoccupied with the conflict and controversy that Jerusalem is at the centre of. A very strange thing happened after a popular, outwardly enthusiastic and vocally Christ affirming man who, along with his wife was on the leadership team of our fellowship, visited Jerusalem with a missions group and became enamoured and impressed with the wailing wall. On return he became involved with a Chinese woman and participated with her and her family in their Hindu worship ceremonies. Subsequently he started living in sin with her and dissolved his marriage saying it had being in name only for the last 20 years. Needless to say I have a healthy suspicion of Jerusalem's wailing wall and those who are both popular and enthusiastic in a shallow way.

Nevertheless, Jerusalem is a place of prominence both geographically and theographically.     

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/08/1978

24 minutes ago, Amanda Frances said:

Nice! Ventura beach?  I forget too but I do like Santa Monica in La .. I didn't get to too many beaches but I do love them.  I love the Ocean part! 

How far from the beach do you live? You do live in Cali right? Or was that someone else?