IGNORED

Child abuse...where is God's will in this?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 11/9/2020 at 2:53 PM, integrity said:

I just want to preface by saying I do believe God is loving and perfect. But I can't come to terms with this. I was born into a christian family, went to church all my life, and I dont know if it's just my culture...but no one talk about child abuse, as in calling attention to the world wide problem of it  and definitely no one prays over it fervently. I wonder what is our purpose as Christian's towards it? People are basically told to reproduce and fill the earth...what about the children in foster care or orphanages? This is a stumbling block for me. I used to pray fervently about the issue of all the children unloved in this world, but what to pray? And is there a point? My heart goes to pieces if I actually think about this problem because I question God. Will He supernaturally rescue those children from their horrific circumstance (starvation, beating, sexual, verbal abuse)? If not, what is the point? Children dont deserve any of that. I feel convicted to foster as soon as my babies get a bit older. But I look around and many of the Christians I know don't talk about it  no one at church brings it up for prayer. Barely anyone I know fosters. Idk lately I've been seeing how empty most Christian's are...they go to church obey Gods laws for purity but love and charity and caring for the parentless isnt on anyone's radar. Why doesn't God speak to us more about this? Please share your opinions on any or all of my questions. This is truly something that makes me so sick, because I was emotionally neglected as a child. I cannot fathom feeling unwanted and unloved on every front. No child should have to go through that.

Bottom line, it would have been better not to have eaten the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden in the first place.

I am the victim of child homosexual abuse.  Beatings, verbal abuse, I was once in juvenile detention 3 days

for intervening in one of dear mummies physical fights in one of her many marriages...

The only purpose any of these and all evil serves is part of what God orchestrates (along with the good) for his will to be done and the benefit of those who love him in Christ Jesus.

All else is a tragic waste: the high price for human choice and human choices.

Pray in specific cases that the victim(s) come to Christ to benefit after all is said and done for their suffering.

Edited by JohnD

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I am so encouraged marathoner by everyone's commentary so far... and especially your reply right now. Unity is such a wonderful feeling, to know someone else feels this incredible burden as well. You all have said different things, but they all lead to the truth. JOHND and Marathoner God bless both of you and keep covering you both in His love. You are right JohnD, the most basic explanation is that of that forbidden fruit was never eaten. And the more I mulled over a comment yesterday that more I realized that poster was correct. We are called to trust God and think on what is good, dwelling on that evil is Satan tricking me into thinking God is doing something wrong or not enough. I will pray for God to cast that thought out of mind and heart, I know I am wrong in that. I want to commit to praying that God heals my own heart first, so I can be a better mother to my own children right now and when it's possible  to be a good mother to foster children.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

8 hours ago, JohnD said:

The only purpose any of these and all evil serves is part of what God orchestrates (along with the good) for his will to be done and the benefit of those who love him in Christ Jesus.

As an abused child, I can not believe that my abuse was orchestrated by God. What a horrible thing to believe and teach. If it is God's will that children be raped, beaten, and murdered, he is not a God worthy of worship. 

2 hours ago, Ozarkbound said:

As an abused child, I can not believe that my abuse was orchestrated by God. What a horrible thing to believe and teach. If it is God's will that children be raped, beaten, and murdered, he is not a God worthy of worship. 

Ozarkbound, I did not read it that way, I guess I saw it as that bad things exist, but God can work it together for good. I agree with you. I know it is a simplistic explanation oh bad things exist because adam and eve ate the fruit. And that I think is the bottom line. But the question of child abuse, it is not Gods will. and I could not serve Him if He did will it. Again even with all the things being said here, perhaps its said best, none of us can answer my question. But I have to trust God. If we know Him to be just and loving  then one day we will understand. I agree with you 110%.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, integrity said:

Ozarkbound, I did not read it that way, I guess I saw it as that bad things exist, but God can work it together for good. I agree with you. I know it is a simplistic explanation oh bad things exist because adam and eve ate the fruit. And that I think is the bottom line. But the question of child abuse, it is not Gods will. and I could not serve Him if He did will it. Again even with all the things being said here, perhaps its said best, none of us can answer my question. But I have to trust God. If we know Him to be just and loving  then one day we will understand. I agree with you 110%.

Thank you sister. Evil is real and that is why these things happen. 

This is why such trite phrases as "God is in Control" upsets me so much.

God IS omnipotent and has the power to stop evil from happening. But, he has given us free will because he knows that love forced is no love at all. God does not control us. He wants us to serve him of our own free will, not be automatons.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

Forgive. If it's your fault seek forgiveness. If it's not your fault you can't take the blame cause you did nothing wrong. 

If it's others you're worried for, pray and let the Lord handle it. The bill will come due. Seek peace and the heart of the Lord and find rest. 

7 minutes ago, Diaste said:

Forgive. If it's your fault seek forgiveness. If it's not your fault you can't take the blame cause you did nothing wrong. 

If it's others you're worried for, pray and let the Lord handle it. The bill will come due. Seek peace and the heart of the Lord and find rest. 

If I was worried for others, I would pray, but I would also call the police. Doing nothing because "God will handle it" is as evil as participating in the act yourself. 

Repentence comes before forgiveness. This is shown in our relationship with the Father. Christ's first word of his ministry was REPENT.

Since there is no repentence on the part of my abuser, there is no obligation for forgiveness. Without repentence, forgiveness is condoning. 

Luke:17 Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

• This is Worthy 1

1 hour ago, Ozarkbound said:

If I was worried for others, I would pray, but I would also call the police. Doing nothing because "God will handle it" is as evil as participating in the act yourself. 

Repentence comes before forgiveness. This is shown in our relationship with the Father. Christ's first word of his ministry was REPENT.

Since there is no repentence on the part of my abuser, there is no obligation for forgiveness. Without repentence, forgiveness is condoning. 

Luke:17 Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

That's my stance on the issue. I DO NOT THINK ITS OKAY TO JUST "FORGIVE" SOMEONE WITHOUT REPENTANCE. You cant. I Think we just hand it over to God at that point and ask God to heal our hearts. that is where I have much discomfort...no one points out to parents or rebukes them to my knowledge, when they are overly harsh with their children, not necessarily sadistic abuse. And often times the church DOES know and still everyone just minds their own business. It's a tragedy and a shame. Because we are losing those little children to the world many times. The greatest stumbling block is when the parents go to church and put on a holy face  and molest and beat their children at home. I have cousins that were in this situation. They lived on the other coast but let's just day my extended family failed them. It was obvious stuff was happening. You are right. Doing nothing makes us complicit. And those poor innocent sweet children grow up viewing God as messed up.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Ozarkbound said:

Thank you sister. Evil is real and that is why these things happen. 

This is why such trite phrases as "God is in Control" upsets me so much.

God IS omnipotent and has the power to stop evil from happening. But, he has given us free will because he knows that love forced is no love at all. God does not control us. He wants us to serve him of our own free will, not be automatons.

You are welcome! I have so much love for you, knowing what you have been through. God bless you richly and hold you in His loving arms. It is a ridiculous unhelpful platitude when people say things like that. For these situations a catch phrase does nothing. I listened to victor marx testimony and I was just shattered for him. It was a beautiful thing that he found redemption and meaning in God. It showed me that yes there are those severely abused that do find solace in God, it deepened my trust in Him.

1 hour ago, integrity said:

You are welcome! I have so much love for you, knowing what you have been through. God bless you richly and hold you in His loving arms. It is a ridiculous unhelpful platitude when people say things like that. For these situations a catch phrase does nothing. I listened to victor marx testimony and I was just shattered for him. It was a beautiful thing that he found redemption and meaning in God. It showed me that yes there are those severely abused that do find solace in God, it deepened my trust in Him.

I had never heard of Victor Marx. I found his facebook page and read his testimony. It is a wonderful testimony. Victor used his experience to actively help those that he saw the church had let fall beneath the cracks. He is an obvious believer of scripture's admonition that faith without works is dead. 

• Loved it! 1