• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,018
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

2 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Scripture teaches us that the mark of the beast in not 666? This is the "number of the beast" and not his mark, as is stated in Revelation 13:16-18.  

Verse 16, And he causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

verse 17, And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

verse 18, Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred Threescore and Six.

There will be three things men will have a choice of taking in the days of the Antichrist, the Mark of the Antichrist, his Name or the number of his name. What the Antichrists name and mark will be is not stated in Scripture but the number of his name is and it is stated as being 666. Therefore, no man can now know his name or his mark and will never be able to know them until the Antichrist comes after the rapture of the Church.

Interesting conjecture. Feasibly the name and the number of the name together can be stylised into a brand that is a scannable mark imbedded in an unbeliever's forehead or right arm. Feasible. Interesting.

And then there is the noisome and grievous sore.

Rev 16:1-2  And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.  (2)  And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.

As in the spiritual so in the natural, and vice versa.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Michael 37 wrote,

"Interesting conjecture."

Interesting conjecture means, "the formation or expression of an opinion or theory without sufficient evidence for proof."

Here's my proof! I quoted Scripture from the Word of God to back up every word i wrote about the mark and the number of his name.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Hi Jaydub. How do you and supposedly the JW's tie a non-physical mark to the marketing scenario in Revelation where there is a prohibition on buying and selling for those without the mark? 

Hello, its a very good question, I believe it has to do with persecution . 

Could the Jews buy and sell in Germany?

No, they needed to hide to save their lives. They couldnt open shop or be taken away

Do you believe persecution is coming to the church? Is the church going to be able to buy and sell while under persecusion?

There are many scriptures that show our hand marked and our forehead, if you want I can list them, they are why I believe the Mark is symbolic.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant

2 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Michael 37 wrote,

Interesting conjecture means, "the formation or expression of an opinion or theory without sufficient evidence for proof."

Here's my proof! I quoted Scripture from the Word of God to back up every word i wrote about the mark and the number of his name.

If I believe the name of the beast  and the number of his name are linked so that the mark of the beast is both its name and the number of its name, then the idea that one excludes the other two is an interesting conjecture. 

19 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

If I believe the name of the beast  and the number of his name are linked so that the mark of the beast is both its name and the number of its name, then the idea that one excludes the other two is an interesting conjecture. 

God has endowed all free moral agents with their own free will. You may believe what ever you like.

Right or wrong, I believe this out of the Word of God;

There will be three things men will have a choice of taking in the days of the Antichrist, the Mark of the Antichrist, his Name or the number of his name. What the Antichrists name and mark will be is not stated in Scripture but the number of his name is and it is stated as being 666. Therefore, no man can now know his name or his mark and will never be able to know them until the Antichrist comes after the rapture of the Church.

Edited by HAZARD

3 hours ago, HAZARD said:

There will be three things men will have a choice of taking in the days of the Antichrist, the Mark of the Antichrist, his Name or the number of his name.

Or  

As ESV puts it:

Rev 13:17 so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name.

A special intelligence gathering unit is already screening possible suspects, with a view to restricting mass disclosures of their numerological and paranormal potential. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,312
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

On 11/12/2020 at 12:17 AM, Charlie744 said:

There are two important “marks” mentioned in the Scriptures; God placed a mark on Cain and there is a mark of the beast at end times. 

God will make everything come full circle and we might understand what will happen at the end by looking at what happened in the beginning.

Does the mark of Cain tell us about the end time mark? What do these two marks mean or symbolize? Thanks, Charlie 

An excellent OP, @Charlie744. I'm in agreement that the marks of Cain and the Beast are of like nature and substance. I have never interpreted the mark of the Beast to be a physical mark just as the Lord's servants aren't marked/sealed in a physical manner. This is spiritual in nature which in truth is far greater than the physical. I understand this is contrary to what others may perceive. I understand this world of flesh and blood is but a shadow compared to the heavenly realm. We see things darkly here. :) 

There is more to this and so I intend upon returning to this topic later on. Marks on the forehead and hand have precedent in prophetic scripture; consider how the Lord made Ezekiel's forehead like adamant (or diamond; Ezekiel 3:9) which alluded to the strength which God gave him to resist the false. The forehead and hand have symbolic significance to the Lord which, I believe, is the key to understanding portions of the book of Revelation. 

• Well Said! 1

13 hours ago, Marathoner said:

I'm in agreement that the marks of Cain and the Beast are of like nature and substance.

Hi Marathoner, For edification may I point out the big difference between the mark of Cain and the mark of the beast.

• It is God's Will that causes the mark of Cain, and this is detectable by those whom he feared would kill him without it.
  • It is Satan's will that causes the mark of the beast, and this is detectable by him who kills those without it. 

18 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Therefore, no man can now know his name or his mark and will never be able to know them until the Antichrist comes after the rapture of the Church.

For edification and clarification may I point out that the above statement contradicts these verses:

2Th 2:1-3  Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,  (2)  That you be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.  (3)  Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

For edification and clarification may I point out that the above statement contradicts these verses:

2Th 2:1-3  Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,  (2)  That you be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.  (3)  Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Sorry, no it does not. 

The Rapture of the Church will occur before the Tribulation.

The purpose of the rapture is to resurrect the just from the dead and take all the saints out of the world before the tribulation comes, in order that they may have fulfilled in them the purpose for which God has saved them. Jesus told the disciples that some would escape the terrible things that were to transpire on the Earth in the last days. He said, “Pray that you may be accounted worth to escape all these things of, Matt. 24, 25; Luke 21:1-19, 25-28, that shall come to pass, and stand before the Son of man,”  Luke 21:34-36. These two passages in Luke 21:34-36 and John 14:1-3, are the only ones in the Gospels that are clear concerning the Rapture. Jesus did not reveal this, it was revealed by Paul many years later in 1 Cor. 15:51. The disciples did not have the slightest idea as to how they were to escape, unless they thought that Christ would deliver them from these things through His power. The how was not revealed or even mentioned before Paul explained how they were to escape.

The Rapture of the church should never be confused with the second coming or second advent  of Christ, for He does not come to the earth at that time.

The Rapture is a distinct coming in itself, not to the Earth, but in the air where Christ meets the saints and then takes them back to Heaven to present them blameless before God the Father, John 14:1-3; 1 Thess. 3:13; 4:16, 17.

The Rapture takes place several years before the literal advent of Christ to the Earth, for they, the saints come back with Him at that time. The saints are in Heaven before God, and not in the air, from the time of the Rapture to their coming again with Christ to reign as kings and priests, Jude 14; Rev. 19:14; Zech. 14:5.

At the Rapture, the Lord comes from Heaven as far as the air, or Earthly Heavens and the saints will be caught up to meet Him in the air.