walla299

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.68
  • Days Won:  149

I want to be laughing when I enter heaven. Or at least happy. 

I sometimes wonder how God and specifically Jesus see Christmas? According to the Bible Jesus was around long before He was born. 

I plan to have some time off around the holidays. Have fun. I have been disconnected from  the farce that is Christmas for some time now.

All of the arguments, many well founded have been made. The Bible tells us to enjoy the fruits of our labor. You can call the day anything you anything you want to call it.

I think for most people it's mainly a time to  just enjoy the present. 2020 has been the year of can't. Enjoy the now if you can and look forward as Christians to an even better later. Post mess of course.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Chicken coop2 said:

I will do this year the same thing I did last year on Christmas.  Make a plate of spaghetti and sit alone in my cold little room and be in the chat room here. Hope you will be in chat.

I hope you can be somewhere with friends or family. If not I'll plan to be around.  TBH we probably will very very small this year, as in me and my wife due to the virus.

C'mon over.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  24,812
  • Content Per Day:  5.77
  • Days Won:  161
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

10 minutes ago, Chicken coop2 said:

I will do this year the same thing I did last year on Christmas.  Make a plate of spaghetti and sit alone in my cold little room and be in the chat room here. Hope you will be in chat.

You might be alone in your room but you will NOT be alone. Not if I can say anything about it. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

Absolutely bro. My brother from another mother!

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  24,812
  • Content Per Day:  5.77
  • Days Won:  161
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

In South Africa, because of the mixture of cultures and the heavy German influence, we tend to follow German Christmas traditions. So the big dinner and the handing out and opening of small gifts always takes place on the 24th. I often make my gifts and I design my own cards. And we have excellent seasonal markets here where one can buy wonderful gifts without all the glitz or the expense. And all the proceeds go to charity. 

On the 25th things are usually quiet around here, except that we do visit my 93 year old aunt on my mother's side. She always makes trifle. So at some point on that day I am always free. I hope that at  that time, we could enjoy a great time of fellowship together and celebrate making it through this year. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

32 minutes ago, Chicken coop2 said:

If your somewhere close to me, you can come to dinner. Otherwise the best I can do is give me an address and name, and I'll send you some yummies. If you specify the yummie, I'll see what I can do. Just send me a message with the details. After all, my friends don't want it! 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, Henry_iain said:

In South Africa, because of the mixture of cultures and the heavy German influence, we tend to follow German Christmas traditions. So the big dinner and the handing out and opening of small gifts always takes place on the 24th. I often make my gifts and I design my own cards. And we have excellent seasonal markets here where one can buy wonderful gifts without all the glitz or the expense. And all the proceeds go to charity. 

On the 25th things are usually quiet around here, except that we do visit my 93 year old aunt on my mother's side. She always makes trifle. So at some point on that day I am always free. I hope that at  that time, we could enjoy a great time of fellowship together and celebrate making it through this year. 

This works out really well for me. We're from the UK and live in Switzerland, which follows the German traditions. At least where we live. Which means our kids go their in-laws for Christmas on Christmas Eve, and come to us on Christmas Day.. and Boxing Day. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.75
  • Days Won:  21

32 minutes ago, Chicken coop2 said:

I'll be off work and home alone. I'll pop in and keep you company. I think I did for a bit last year. :) 

When you don't have a family, Christmas can be difficult. I tend to decorate and be festive as it brings me happiness. If I have to be alone on the holiday, at least I can be happy. 

Others seem to feel convicted to have a tree or to decorate, I do so in celebration of the Prince of Peace who was born (obviously not on 12/25) Who brought us joy and Who has gifted us with life and desires us to be happy. I see no harm in it as I do not worship the tree I put up, I worship the King. 

• Thumbs Up 3

8 minutes ago, Henry_iain said:

The women in my family when I was young could cook well and nothing was usually spared for Christmas or Thanksgiving meals. IOW you didn't want to miss those meals. Turkey was often the main course. Turkey is loaded with triptaphrine ( I probably misspelled that word) the compound that makes people sleepy. So after the meal there wasn't a whole lot of energy lol. 

With this being a COVID year my wife wants to keep distances, so it doesn't look as if we are going to be doing much of anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.75
  • Days Won:  21

39 minutes ago, Chicken coop2 said:

My last family member was my grandmother who died 25 years ago.  

My only friends are at this site. And now I have a new friend which is you.

:emot-highfive:

When I lost my mom, Christmas was truly unbearable. I dreaded it, volunteered to work every single year as I did not want to spend it alone. 

I have friends I could go be with but it's very awkward to "interrupt" on another families holiday. So now I just stay home and enjoy some peace. Work returns soon enough for me LOL

I do wish you were closer, Coop. I would bring you a meal and we could eat together. :emot-hug:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2