• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  441
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

Well i hope this doesn't sound too insignificant compared to other questions i have already read that were posted here, but have recently been having some "issues" with my own car that i really cannot explain. I have already spend significant amounts of $$$ for certain repairs and also in order to pass emissions, but have still not even gotten my tag/decal in the mail after well over a month(but guess that's Georgia for ya?) and I am really beginning to dislike this State very much so, but am also beginning to think my car may actually be "cursed" or something more than anything else?? But right now am much more interested in if it is actually even Biblical to pray over an automobile, and if not then what verses/scriptures would you use to discredit this or to tell someone that God is totally ANTI-transportation and will do nothing whatsoever to correct or fix any issues you may be having...because at this point i am beginning to think that God wants nothing to do with my own mode of transportation, as far as the problems i've been having, and whatever else comes up is ALL on ME?? But am open to any others who may want to share how there own vehicles were somehow "fixed", possibly after having some mechanic doing some "miraculous" repairs...not to sound facetious, but just saying...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  2

I know Christians who pray over their homes and other things usually in the context that those things would be a blessing and used for God's glory.   For a lot of people, a means of transportation is important.  I'd put it either in, or at least close to, the category of praying for daily needs such as "give us this day our daily bread".

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

25 minutes ago, CaptWalker said:

Well i hope this doesn't sound too insignificant compared to other questions i have already read that were posted here, but have recently been having some "issues" with my own car that i really cannot explain. I have already spend significant amounts of $$$ for certain repairs and also in order to pass emissions, but have still not even gotten my tag/decal in the mail after well over a month(but guess that's Georgia for ya?) and I am really beginning to dislike this State very much so, but am also beginning to think my car may actually be "cursed" or something more than anything else?? But right now am much more interested in if it is actually even Biblical to pray over an automobile, and if not then what verses/scriptures would you use to discredit this or to tell someone that God is totally ANTI-transportation and will do nothing whatsoever to correct or fix any issues you may be having...because at this point i am beginning to think that God wants nothing to do with my own mode of transportation, as far as the problems i've been having, and whatever else comes up is ALL on ME?? But am open to any others who may want to share how there own vehicles were somehow "fixed", possibly after having some mechanic doing some "miraculous" repairs...not to sound facetious, but just saying...

I feel your pain. I had a buick Regal that was a nightmare. I took it back to the dealer many times but they never did find out the problem. Yes, you can pray to God for the frustrations and problems you are having with your car. God wants to listen to all of your trials you are having in life. No matter how small. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,306
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

I see nothing wrong with that, @CaptWalker. My car has been through the wringer. I inherited it from a dear friend and thanks to the Lord's provision --- my work at the shelter --- I was able to afford much-needed repairs. It's been broken into and the registration paperwork was stolen... the thief tried (and failed) to steal the broken radio which I continue to laugh about to this day... and the license plate was stolen a few months ago. 

The thief couldn't steal the radio... hahahaha. 

If I had a TIG welder, I'd weld the replacement plate to the body of the car. 

Just kidding. ;) 

Edited by Marathoner

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  441
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

I actually once owned a 2001 Buick century, and really only started having problems after it had excessive miles which usually only Japanese cars seem to do handle well. Was told Buicks are one of the best cars but guess with any model it all varies between each different make. 

Btw Marathoner, was curious about what city your shelter is located in if you don't mind saying?