• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

FILTHY  RAGS ??   DISCERNMENT  ---  HIS  OR  YOUR  OWN  RIGHTEOUSNESS

ROMANS 10:3  FOR  THEY  BEING  IGNORANT  OF  GODS  RIGHTEOUSNESS  AND  GOING  ABOUT  TO  ESTABLISH  THEIR  OWN  RIGHTEOUSNESS  HAVE  NOT  --SUBMITTED--  THEMSELVES  UNTO  THE  RIGHTEOUSNESS  OF  GOD 

ROMANS 6:16  KNOW  YOU  NOT  THAT  TO  WHOM  YOU  YIELD  YOURSELVES  SERVANTS  TO  OBEY  HIS  SERVANTS  YOU  ARE  TO  WHOM  YOU  OBEY  WHETHER  OF  SIN  UNTO  DEATH  OR  OF  OBEDIENCE  UNTO  RIGHTEOUSNESS 

1 CORINTHIANS 4:2  moreover it is required in stewards that a man be found faithful 

PSALM 119:138  thy testimonies that thou hast commanded are righteous and very faithful 

PROVERBS 8:8  all the words of my mouth are in righteousness there is nothing froward or perverse in them 

ACTS 20:30  also of your ownselves shall men arise speaking --perverse things  to draw away disciples after them 

PROVERBS 11:4  RICHES  PROFIT  NOT  IN  THE  DAY  WRATH  BUT  RIGHTEOUSNESS  DELIVERETH  FROM  DEATH

1 JOHN 3:10  IN  THIS  THE  CHILDREN  OF  GOD  ARE  MANIFEST  AND  THE  CHILDREN  OF  THE  DEVIL  WHOSOEVER  --DOETH  NOT  RIGHTEOUSNESS--  IS  NOT  OF  GOD  -- NEITHER  HE  THAT  LOVETH  NOT  HIS  BROTHER --

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/10/2020 at 11:01 AM, popsthebuilder said:

Just a few counterpoints if I may.

- the hypocrites; those Jesus spoke against, didn't keep the law. It was only a facade.

-Jesus tells us how to be as siblings; it is by loving GOD and loving one another. He even says that in doing such one fulfills the Law of GOD.

- Jesus says turn from sin and it will flee from you; not disregard sin that you be found spotless.

That's it for now. I look forward to your response.

peace

Yes, i agree that even those who claim to be able to keep God's law cannot keep it at all. In my posting, I am referring to keeping God's law to earn salvation which is not possible because if it is possible then Jesus died in vain. 

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

35 minutes ago, alaric_w said:

Yes, i agree that even those who claim to be able to keep God's law cannot keep it at all. In my posting, I am referring to keeping God's law to earn salvation which is not possible because if it is possible then Jesus died in vain. 

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is by the grace and gift of GOD that one is capable of keeping the two commands of the Christ and in doing so upholding the Law of GOD; not to be confused with the law of sin and death, or the carnal/ material understandings of the written ordinances.

If one is seeking salvation of self then they are already in the wrong in my opinion.

Edited by popsthebuilder

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

So what would you say to a homosexual because I am trying to understand where you are coming from. Would you say don’t worry that you are homosexual because trying to obey the rule not to be is trying to save yourself? Would you say continue in homosexuality and know that God has forgiven you of this sin? 

would you say continue to steal, and kill don’t stop to save yourselves but trust in God as you do these things?

would you tell me no homosexuality, murder, and theft are not the laws we are talking about keeping?

I just really don’t understand help me out.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,029
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

2 hours ago, Hopefully said:

So what would you say to a homosexual because I am trying to understand where you are coming from. Would you say don’t worry that you are homosexual because trying to obey the rule not to be is trying to save yourself? Would you say continue in homosexuality and know that God has forgiven you of this sin? 

would you say continue to steal, and kill don’t stop to save yourselves but trust in God as you do these things?

would you tell me no homosexuality, murder, and theft are not the laws we are talking about keeping?

Hi Hopefully,

With regard to Christians there is a war between our sinful, fleshly nature and our godly, spiritual nature. If the sinful, fleshly nature is fed and the godly, spiritual nature is starved the sinful nature will get the upper hand. Whilst we still genuinely seek God's Kingdom and His righteousness there is hope for us because God is faithful even if we aren't, and will cleanse a sincere penitent from their sin and help them to walk the straight and narrow.

With regard to sinners who prefer to indulge their sinful nature and do not care to call on the Lord and be vessels of righteousness, they will stay in bondage to sin and be judged without mercy.

These verses illuminate the subject:

Psa 37:23-28  The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delights in his way.  (24)  Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholds him with his hand.  (25)  I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.  (26)  He is ever merciful, and lends; and his seed is blessed.  (27)  Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore.  (28)  For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsakes not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest kingdombrat
2 hours ago, Hopefully said:

I wouldn't be talking to the homosexual to begin with, I would be addressing the {spirit} that has them bound.   Therefore, I would not be saying this is right/wrong by God.   I would be identifying the root cause and then ask if I could pray for the person knowing I would be attacking the bondage and demon in control.

@Michael37 this I agree with. The spirit of God came to me and as my relationship with God developed I became more aware of my sin and through time he began removing my sins and it still continues to this day. That is how I am able to see myself growing spiritually by the changes he has made in me, but the original post which everyone so far has agreed with seemed to state by being aware of sin and repenting from it is trying to be saved by works. That’s how I read it, and a number of similar posts have seem to multiply in the last day or two stating the same. I don’t believe I will ever be sin free nor anybody else, but I also cannot see myself advising people not to be sin conscious. 

Edited by Hopefully

@kingdombrat I don’t believe you can pray a person out of homosexuality without them agreeing that their lifestyle is wrong. The point I was trying to make is when we accept the holy spirt it causes us to change our lives. I don’t believe that removing sin in our lives is being self righteous but obedient. I don’t believe we will ever be sin free but before the spirit reaches us there are habitual sins that we can repent of. This is how I see myself growing spiritually be repenting of my habitual sins and it’s happened gradually. I did not repent of my habitual sins to be accepted by God I did it because he accepted me. 

Guest kingdombrat
2 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

@kingdombrat I don’t believe you can pray a person out of homosexuality without them agreeing that their lifestyle is wrong. The point I was trying to make is when we accept the holy spirt it causes us to change our lives. I don’t believe that removing sin in our lives is being self righteous but obedient. I don’t believe we will ever be sin free but before the spirit reaches us there are habitual sins that we can repent of. This is how I see myself growing spiritually be repenting of my habitual sins and it’s happened gradually. I did not repent of my habitual sins to be accepted by God I did it because he accepted me. 

With what you just posted I agree with you 100%

My point is we see where demons were cast out in the life of Christ.   None of these people ran to Christ on their own account saying, "cast these demons out of me."   Generally we see people bringing the possessed or some how they crossed paths with Christ.   And not a single possessed person said, help me rid of these Demons.   For the most accounts, we see the Demons speaking on their own account and not the possessed.

My point being, the possessed who are living ungodly lifestyles are avoiding the "Truth and God" at all costs.   So when we do cross paths, that might be the only chance they'll get for God to intervene on their behalf.   And asking to pray for someone without first telling them how wrong their lives are can open doors where condemning them first will just create more deadbolts.

@kingdombrat okay I see what you are saying. Have you had the opportunity to do this yet? Pray for a homosexual without condemning them? I’m just wondering how they received it because I’d think they would be offended and may even storm off mid prayer or something unless their specific homosexuality is not mentioned in the prayer, but somehow still addressed.