• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Baz,

Can I ask you a question? Not so I can debate you, but because I'm honestly curious. Why do you like Rap and Punk music? I honestly would like to know what it is about those types of music that people enjoy. It seems when I hear it blaring from people's cars it sounds so violent and the lyrics always seem to be about unGodly things. What draws you to this music?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  477
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Baz,

First, as Keith stated, I never intended on insulting you. Phony is what you yourself said you were being, and I call it like I see it. No games.

Secondly,

You said -

I AM his friend.  I don't pretend to be his friend.  I just find him annoying, but don't say anything to him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In that case, if you ARE his friend, I'm going to again direct you to the best advice Book ever written- okay ? :thumbsup:

1 Corinthians 13:1-13

1 If I could speak in any language in heaven or on earth but didn't love others, I would only be making meaningless noise like a loud gong or a clanging cymbal.

2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I knew all the mysteries of the future and knew everything about everything, but didn't love others, what good would I be? And if I had the gift of faith so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, without love I would be no good to anybody.

3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn't love others, I would be of no value whatsoever.

4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude

5 Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged.

6 It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.

7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

8 Love will last forever, but prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will all disappear.

9 Now we know only a little, and even the gift of prophecy reveals little!

10 But when the end comes, these special gifts will all disappear.

11 It's like this: When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child does. But when I grew up, I put away childish things.

12 Now we see things imperfectly as in a poor mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity.All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God knows me now.

13 There are three things that will endure--faith, hope, and love--and the greatest of these is love.

God bless you,

TIm

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/07/1988

Baz,

Can I ask you a question?  Not so I can debate you, but because I'm honestly curious.  Why do you like Rap and Punk music?  I honestly would like to know what it is about those types of music that people enjoy.  It seems when I hear it blaring from people's cars it sounds so violent and the lyrics always seem to be about unGodly things.  What draws you to this music?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I don't like rap very much, to be honest. I like punk because it's simple and stupid...I just really enjoy the music genre.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Baz, as a believer you should be spending your intimate fellowship time with others who share your faith in Christ. This will build you up in the Lord as well as build them up (Rom. 1:12).

It sounds like this friend of your is not saved and it really just devouring a completely carnal diet. It will begin to rub off on you eventually if you spend much time with him.

On the other hand, as an ambassador of Christ it is good to keep the friendship line open with him so you can be a witness of the gospel to him.

To answer your question though... I'd be honest and say that you don't enjoy the activities that you guys partake in when you're with him because those aren't the things you are interested in. When he asks you "why," you then have a great opportunity to share your faith.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  89
  • Birthday:  01/07/1988

Baz, as a believer you should be spending your intimate fellowship time with others who share your faith in Christ. This will build you up in the Lord as well as build them up (Rom. 1:12).

It sounds like this friend of your is not saved and it really just devouring a completely carnal diet. It will begin to rub off on you eventually if you spend much time with him.

On the other hand, as an ambassador of Christ it is good to keep the friendship line open with him so you can be a witness of the gospel to him.

To answer your question though... I'd be honest and say that you don't enjoy the activities that you guys partake in when you're with him because those aren't the things you are interested in. When he asks you "why," you then have a great opportunity to share your faith.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are hardly any Christian teenagers that live around here--BUT, I just opened a new Christian youth organization, so I may meet some good Christian teens.

He believes in God and actually told me he wants to be a preacher. I don't think he understands the relationship part though.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  67

"I know it's hard to see "tone of voice" in posts"

AMEN!!!! --- I have gotten blasted on several threads, over the years. I have tried to be prayerful, before I write anything, but I must add this... The Holy Spirit can use anyone's words to convict. So, we all must examine our hearts and minds, when we become angry or hurt. Correction/discipline isn't always easy to take. -- The same goes for the enemy. Marriages, churches, friendships, families have been ruined over hurt feelings. Satan doesn't want us to help each other or love on each other through these posts/threads. We have remember what a lying thief he is!

Blessings to all! :thumbsup:

Edited by Sisterchick