• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

The gospel for Israel was to believe on the name of Jesus for eternal life:

John 3:16, 18 KJV - 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 1:12 KJV - But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

John 20:31 KJV - But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

1 John 3:23 KJV - And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

1 John 5:13 KJV - These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Our gospel is to believe on Christ and his redemption by his cross and shed blood:

Romans 3:24-25 KJV - 24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath set forth [to be] a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Colossians 1:14 KJV - In whom we have redemption through his blood, [even] the forgiveness of sins:

17 hours ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

You stated : "The gospel for Israel was to believe on the name of Jesus for eternal life:"

yes, howbeit indirectly. Israel was commanded to " ...love the LORD thy God, to walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments and statutes and His judgments..."  (Dt. 30:16).  But only with a new or "circumcised " heart could anyone "keep the commandments of God" ( Dt.30:6). The same goes with us on the other side of the cross: we need a new heart ( to be born of the Spirit of God) to truly believe, love and obey God.

Very few people in the OT appear to be saved. It seems as though God's Spirit worked differently at that time ( " What then? Israel hath obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded " Rom.11:7 ).

Ultimately the "new covenant" that God makes with "the house of Israel and the house of Judah"   ( Jer.31:31-33) is God's covenant of grace with Jews and non-Jews, OT and NT, all of His people. 

Israel was to believe in the name of Jesus, they had to believe he was the Son of God, the Christ.

To enter the kingdom they had to endure to the end (Matthew 24:13), keep his commandments (Matthew 19:17 Revelation 14:12 Matthew 5:20), and be faithful (Matthew 25:21).

The new covenant is only for the remnant of Israel that enters into the kingdom.....it is in the thousand year kingdom on earth that God will fulfill the new covenant to Israel

2 hours ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

For example , read Ezekiel 37:21-28. It speaks of the kingdom of God to come, and it most certainly includes all of God's people,  Jew and Gentile. I guess you can't see the symbolic language but I do

You are correct, I do not take Ezekiel 37:21-28 as symbolic.

On 1/2/2021 at 3:47 PM, Walter Goraj jr said:

" And I will set up one shepherd over them, and He shall feed them, even my servant David; He shall feed them, and He shall be their shepherd" ( Ezekiel 34:23). 

How can this  "one shepherd " not be a picture of the Lord Jesus? Do you really believe that God is going to bring David back in human form to rule over the Jews? And where is the good shepherd, Jesus Christ in all of this?

Yes David in this verse is said to be that shepherd.....he will be resurrected.

Christ will reign from Jerusalem for a thousand years (Isaiah 2;2-3)

On 1/2/2021 at 3:47 PM, Walter Goraj jr said:

" I am the good shepherd,  and know my sheep, and am known of mine.....And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd " .         ( John 10:14, 16). 

Yes scripture uses figurative language, but it requires searching scripture to know what it represents....it can not be pulled out of thin air to mean whatever we want, and it requires common sense applied to anything read to determine what is literal and what is figurative.

From scripture we can see Israel are pictured as sheep:

2 Chronicles 18:16 KJV - Then he said, I did see all Israel scattered upon the mountains, as sheep that have no shepherd: and the LORD said, These have no master; let them return [therefore] every man to his house in peace.

Jeremiah 50:6 KJV - My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away [on] the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their restingplace.

Matthew 15:24 KJV - But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

From this passage below we can see the other sheep of John 10 is scattered Israel.

John 11:52 KJV - And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Edited by douge

13 hours ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

Please show me in the  context of Isaiah 2 ( or anywhere in the OT for that matter) where there is absolute certainty that God is speaking of a literal thousand year reign of Christ. Your doctrine is flawed for this very reason.

Revelation 20:4 KJV - And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

I do not know of a passage for this in the OT, but it is found in the verse above.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,882
  • Content Per Day:  1.49

On 1/1/2021 at 2:25 PM, douge said:

The gospel for Israel was to believe on the name of Jesus for eternal life:

John 3:16, 18 KJV - 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 1:12 KJV - But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

John 20:31 KJV - But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

1 John 3:23 KJV - And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

1 John 5:13 KJV - These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Our gospel is to believe on Christ and his redemption by his cross and shed blood:

Romans 3:24-25 KJV - 24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath set forth [to be] a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Colossians 1:14 KJV - In whom we have redemption through his blood, [even] the forgiveness of sins:

So its more than one Gospel ?

19 hours ago, Brightfame52 said:

So its more than one Gospel ?

Yes, but not today.

There was this gospel of the circumcision for Israel, if they believed the gospel of the kingdom, they would enter into the kingdom on earth. Israel had to believe in the name of Jesus as Christ and Son of God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,882
  • Content Per Day:  1.49

On 1/10/2021 at 12:20 PM, douge said:

Yes, but not today.

There was this gospel of the circumcision for Israel, if they believed the gospel of the kingdom, they would enter into the kingdom on earth. Israel had to believe in the name of Jesus as Christ and Son of God.

I believe that is error. Theres only one Gospel, for all ethnicities !

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/10/2021 at 12:50 PM, Josheb said:

even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed" he meant exactly what he wrote, and it is not limited to the problem of Gnosticism

Jesus himself preached the gospel of the kingdom which was not the same gospel given to Paul to preach: Mark 1:14-15 KJV - Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.