• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Josheb said:

Yes and it is a single covenant, not two. The verse does NOT say, "I will make covenants with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah." Singular covenant, not plural covenants.

There was the first covenant:    Hebrews 8:7 KJV - For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

And a new covenant:   Hebrews 8:8 KJV - For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

2 hours ago, Josheb said:

douge, do you know what the word "gospel" means

Glad tidings

There is not just two gospels, here is another:     Revelation 14:6 KJV - And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

The everlasting gospel is not just another name for the "one and only gospel", the verse below says what it is:
Revelation 14:7 KJV - Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Edited by douge

9 minutes ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

The "house of Israel" and "house of Judah" refer to all of God's people, Jew and Gentile.  The language can also be understood symbolically or metaphorically.

The house of Israel means Israel.

1 hour ago, Josheb said:

And I do not read any answers to the questions I asked. Do you know what the word "gospel" means apart from akoe kalon and why the NT writers chose that term? 

Sorry I don't know what you are talking about....not getting into Greek.

5 minutes ago, Josheb said:

That's too bad. 

Because it is fatal to your entire position and all the efforts to support. 

A "gospel" was a Roman convention. It was the "good news" that a Caesar (or great general) had been deified. That was the term the New Testament writers co-opted. Jesus Christ wasn't just a human male who had done something great, one a great victory. He was God. He defeated death (something not even Caesar could do), and he wasn't merely promoted to living in the Elysian Fields outside Mt. Olympus (deified) he was in fact God (again something else Caesar could not do). 

A stumbling block to the Jew; foolishness to the Gentile. 

This was the gospel taken to the uncircumcised and circumcised alike. It is the only gospel that saves: Christ crucified, dead, buried, and resurrected. Conceived by God. Indwelt by God. God made flesh. Able to command the elements of creation. Able to command demons. Able to heal the deaf, blind, lame, and sick. God in flesh.

1 Corinthians 1:18-31
"For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.  For it is written, 'I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the cleverness of the clever I will set aside.' Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?  For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.  For indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom;  but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness,  but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.  Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men... But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,  so that, just as it is written, 'Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord.'"

And to te Galatians he wrote, 

Galatians 3:27-29
"For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.  There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.  And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise." 

We are Abe's descendant. The seed promised Abraham is Christ. One gospel because there is only one God-man. It is in him we believe.  Those included in the covenant are the righteous who live by faith.

I will tell you one difference between Peter and Paul and their preaching of Jesus, and their gospels:

Acts 3:20-21 KJV - And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Peter preached Jesus from what was spoken since the world began.

Romans 16:25 KJV - Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Paul preached Jesus from the mystery kept secret since the world began.

Paul's gospel was kept secret since the world began....how could Peter preach the same gospel as Paul if it was kept secret?

16 hours ago, douge said:

error

Edited by douge

15 hours ago, Josheb said:

You're making stuff up. Reading sheer nonsense into God's word. There is only one good news of a God-Man crucified and resurrected. Jesus is the mystery foreknown before the world was created; the perfect sacrifice (1 Pet. 1:20). 

How am I making up anything here? Is this not the word of God? Does it not say what it says? 

Here is how to read these two verses in Romans 16:25-26:

The church would be stablished according to Paul's gospel according to the revelation of the mystery AND the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery AND the preaching of Jesus Christ by the scriptures of the prophets.

Paul preached Christ by what was revealed to him by Christ and out of the law and prophets. 

Romans 16:25 KJV - Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

God through Paul would stablish (strengthen) the church according to HIS GOSPEL and the preaching of Jesus Christ.

PAUL'S GOSPEL was according to the mystery, KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Romans 16:26 KJV - But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Paul's gospel was according to the mystery NOW made manifest which means it wasn't made manifest before Paul......which means it was not made manifest to Peter or the twelve.....which means Peter and the disciples could not preach the same gospel as Paul.

Edited by douge

15 hours ago, Josheb said:

Jesus is the mystery foreknown before the world was created;

Jesus was not a hidden mystery Jesus said all scripture spoke of him:

Luke 24:27 KJV - And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

46 minutes ago, Josheb said:

It most definitely does not say what you say it says

Please tell me what does Romans 16:25-26 say 

47 minutes ago, Josheb said:

I'll return to show how the mystery was revealed and how it ties all mentions of "kingdom" and "gospel" together.

Ok