• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Josheb said:

In the interim I encourage you to examine those mentions of "mystery" yourself.

I did a search of mystery and here are my findings:

1 Corinthians 2:7 KJV - But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

The Bible defines mystery as hidden wisdom.

Ephesians 3:9 KJV - And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

We are to make all see the fellowship of the mystery.

The mystery was not hidden in the prophets, it was hid in God.

Mark 4:11 KJV - And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

Jesus revealed hidden things about the kingdom of God on earth to the twelve. The meaning of the parables remained hidden to unbelieving Israel.

Jesus did not reveal the same mystery to the twelve as was revealed to Paul otherwise it would render Colossians 1:26 below a falsehood.

Colossians 1:26 KJV - Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

The mystery was not revealed beforehand, unto the twelve.

Ephesians 3:3 KJV - How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

To Paul, NOT PETER, the mystery was revealed.

1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV - For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

Paul taught that the NEW dispensation of the gospel...Peter was not given this new dispensation to preach.

Edited by douge

2 hours ago, Josheb said:

Paul did not teach a new dispensation that stood separate or apart from all others.

I think we are done here, unfortunately, by your proclamation, if I have taken it correctly. 

I have answered and addressed your comments as best I could...I could not address everything because of time and not understanding what you were trying to convey to me.....for that I regret. I responded to what I prioritized and understood. 

In you saying "Paul did not teach a new dispensation that stood separate or apart from all others." I offer scripture that is at variance to your assertions, but you say I am finding "holes" or whatever. I am offering scripture to uphold my understanding and to address our narratives, one last time:

1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV - For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.
Ephesians 3:2 KJV - If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Edited by douge

42 minutes ago, Josheb said:

There has always been only one way to the Father, one way to receive justification, forgiveness from and victory over sin, one way to escape the wrath of God and one way of reconciliation: God's grace.

I am in total agreement here.

43 minutes ago, Josheb said:

We are saved by grace through faith for works, not by works and not by faith.

No one has ever been saved by works, however I would not say it is not by faith....how do you reconcile that with these verses?

Habakkuk 2:4 KJV - Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.
Matthew 9:2 KJV - And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.
Romans 1:17 KJV - For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

55 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Even now as you cite 1 Cor. 9:17 you do so in complete avoidance of the fact the gospel was preached to Abraham!!! 

Galatians 3:8 KJV - And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

The gospel was preached to Abraham, but it was not the gospel found in 1 Corinthians 15:3-4.....it says what gospel was preached..."In thee shall all nations be blessed."

Edited by douge

1 hour ago, Josheb said:

Paul spoke of a dispensation of grace and Peter taught we needed to be stewards of God's grace. That word "steward" (οἰκονόμοι) has the exact same root as the one the KJV translates Paul using to say "dispensation" (οἰκονομίαν). Big huge ginormous Fail. Without even knowing it you've proved my position.

Paul was given stewardship over the gospel he was given to preach.

Peter did refer to grace, Israel could not keep the law and Christ redeemed the sins of Israel so they could serve him:

1 Peter 2:24 KJV - Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

1 hour ago, Josheb said:

The term gospel is always spoken of in singular, never multiple terms. There is only one gospel, spoken of in varying ways.

Ok what is the gospel that saves today?

1 hour ago, Josheb said:

All the law, prophets, and psalms testify to Jesus. What was preached in the OT was veiled in the OT and revealed in the NT. It was not wholly new or different.

Where is the body of Christ found in the OT?

Where is the one new man, neither Jew or Gentile, found in the OT?

Where is our position in heavenly places found in the OT?

No two kingdoms. No two gospels. 

Kingdom #1 is on earth.

Isaiah 60:21 KJV - Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified.
Genesis 13:15 KJV - For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.

Israel will inherit the land forever.

Psalm 22:28 KJV - For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations.

Christ will rule the nations on earth.

Revelation 5:10 KJV - And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Israel is a priesthood (Exodus 19:5-6) on earth

Kingdom #2 is heavenly

2 Corinthians 5:1 KJV - For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

Both Peter and Paul used similar language to talk about the gospel.

Yes the gospel of God is progressive however the gospel given to Israel was different in content and is not what we are to believe for eternal life.....Paul's gospel is the faith in Christ's payment for our sins through his death and shed blood and that he was raised for our justification.

Peter and the twelve did not preach the cross for eternal life, they preached believing on the name of Jesus, that he is Christ, Son of God (John 20:31).