• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Hi,

I've noticed that ever since I've came to Christ, a change I've noticed is that I feel similar to how I did as a really small kid (like 4-6 years old) and by that I mean that I was very sensitive by heart and conscience as a kid, I came from a secular immigrant (Latino) background but I feel like deep down in my heart I knew there is a good personal God out there as a small child and I really believed that at heart if I remember right (something I lost conviction of growing up), I don't think I specifically knew God as Jesus during that time but yeah. Can anyone relate to this? My only concern is why should I be feeling like a kid when Im pretty certain I was not even born again as a kid. EDIT: Also as a kid I felt really convicted that goodness existed, like there was something besides this world im pretty sure

Edited by F_Ivan
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

8 hours ago, F_Ivan said:

Hi,

I've noticed that ever since I've came to Christ, a change I've noticed is that I feel similar to how I did as a really small kid (like 4-6 years old) and by that I mean that I was very sensitive by heart and conscience as a kid, I came from a secular immigrant (Latino) background but I feel like deep down in my heart I knew there is a good personal God out there as a small child and I really believed that at heart if I remember right (something I lost conviction of growing up), I don't think I specifically knew God as Jesus during that time but yeah. Can anyone relate to this? My only concern is why should I be feeling like a kid when Im pretty certain I was not even born again as a kid. EDIT: Also as a kid I felt really convicted that goodness existed, like there was something besides this world im pretty sure

There is a freshness and joy that comes with being truly born again.

Jesus said those who get to Heaven "love like a little child".

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

9 hours ago, F_Ivan said:

Hi,

Don't let the phrase "born again" throw you off. It sounds to me like you had it right when you were a kid. Maybe "being born again" for you means recapturing what you had as a child.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

Cherish that and protect it, and don't let yourself get hard hearted. What you have is a gift