IGNORED

The END of the FLESH - "O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?"

DeighAnn

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

22 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

"Our souls have some form when leaving this physical body to go to another dimension.  Some souls to heaven, some souls to hell".
How is the 'some form' not found  here?

Because 1Corinthians15 is speaking about the resurrection of the body which has died.

In Revelation 6:9, differently, it is speaking about the souls in heaven of them who are martyred during the great tribulation.

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

DeighAnn, you have not been addressing the "soul" in your posts.     The spirit that you have been focusing on returning to God is the spirit of life to the body, by the power that God has in Himself to impart life and take life.     But that spirit of life to the body is not a person's soul.

Body and soul - two different things.   While we are alive, the body and soul are united.   Upon death, the body dies, the spirit of life (to the body) returning to God; and the soul goes to heaven (if a Christian) or to hell (the place of the dead) if not.

There will be a resurrection of the body, reunited with the soul.    Some unto the resurrection of life.    Some unto the resurrection of damnation.   John 5:29.

John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 5:21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

Edited by douggg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.63
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, douggg said:

Matthew 10:21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

DeighAnn, you have not been addressing the "soul" in your posts.     The spirit that you have been focusing on returning to God is the spirit of life to the body, by the power that God has in Himself to impart life and take life.     But that spirit of life to the body is not a person's soul.

Body and soul - two different things.   While we are alive, the body and soul are united.   Upon death, the body dies, the spirit of life (to the body) returning to God; and the soul goes to heaven (if a Christian) or to hell (the place of the dead) if not.

There will be a resurrection of the body, reunited with the soul.    Some unto the resurrection of life.    Some unto the resurrection of damnation.   Matthew 10:29.

Matthew 10:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Matthew 10:21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

How did the souls under the altar get there? 

Are these souls in one of the bodies God created for us?

Do spiritual bodies that contain the soul need the spirit?

Do you think because the spirit isn't distinctly mentioned it has been removed?   Is that written somewhere?

Does the spirit and soul seem to be a working unit and not easy to separate?
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Do you believe that the spirit will no longer be necessary after this?  What verses do you use for this?   
1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

What belief do you hold that makes it necessary to make this distinction?

Matthew 10:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

YOU REALLY NEED TO THROW OUT THAT BIBLE YOU ARE USING AS IT IS ALL MESSED UP.

DO YOU NOTICE ANYTHING WEIRD ABOUT THE SCRIPTURE YOU POSTED? 

IT DOESN'T READ ANYTHING LIKE MY MATTHEW IT READS JUST LIKE MY JOHN. 

BUT EITHER WAY, WHAT I BELIEVE IS BEING SPOKEN OF IS BEFORE THE CROSS

YOU BELIEVE IT IS SPEAKING TO THE LORDS DAY.  

HOW ANY OF THIS CHANGES WHAT HAPPENS TO US WHEN OUR FLESH DIES I DON'T KNOW.

Matthew 10:26 Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.

Matthew 10:27 What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.

Matthew 10:29 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.

John 5:16 And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.

John 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

John 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

John 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

John 5:20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

John 5:21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

John 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

John 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

John 5:32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.

John 5:33 Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.

The flesh goes into the ground and returns to dust and our SPIRIT  goes back to God obviously IN it's heavenly body or else how would we know one from the other.  Some go to the right side of the gulf and some go to the other side where the rich man is. 

AT LEAST that is how JESUS described it. 

What I don't understand is why IT IS NOW BEING DESCRIBED IN ANOTHER WAY, a different way, A WAY THAT ISN'T WRITTEN.  It's like a completely different doctrine.  

Equal to the angels and we know for sure they have bodies.  

WHAT A COMPLETELY COMPLICATED WAY TO GO ABOUT 

WE DIE, WE GO TO PARADISE IN OUR NEW BODY, WE RETURN WITH THE LORD.  DOESN'T MATTER IF IT WAS 1000 YEARS AGO OR YESTERDAY OR DURING THE TRIB.  

SIMPLICITY IN CHRIST, THAT'S THE PATH IMHO

44 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

How did the souls under the altar get there? 

They were martyred, for their testimony of Jesus

45 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

When people die, their soul goes to heaven if they are a Christian.    If they are not a Christian, their soul goes to hell, the place of the dead.

47 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Do spiritual bodies that contain the soul need the spirit?

The spiritual bodies in 1Corthinans15 that Paul is calling the resurrected bodies - are brought by to life by the Spirit of Life coming from Jesus.

53 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

YOU REALLY NEED TO THROW OUT THAT BIBLE YOU ARE USING AS IT IS ALL MESSED UP.

DO YOU NOTICE ANYTHING WEIRD ABOUT THE SCRIPTURE YOU POSTED? 

IT DOESN'T READ ANYTHING LIKE MY MATTHEW IT READS JUST LIKE MY JOHN. 

DeighAnn, I copying and pasting from the KJV.

They were martyred, for their testimony of Jesus

Is the altar on earth?

7 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

When people die, their soul goes to heaven if they are a Christian.    If they are not a Christian, their soul goes to hell, the place of the dead.

Do those peoples soul go to heaven in an sort of body?

7 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

Is this how your Matthew 10:26 goes.?

WHY WOULD ROBES BE GIVEN TO 'NO BODIED' SOULS? 

9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Man can ONLY kill another mans FLESH 
Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body,

GOD, on the other had is able to destroy the body  AND THE SOUL   
but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

YOU STATED
 While we are alive, the body and soul are united.   Upon death, the body dies,

the spirit of life (to the body) returning to God;

and the soul goes to heaven (if a Christian) or to hell (the place of the dead) if not

i believe that we AGREE that upon death the FLESH BODY DIES and IS SOWN.  

1 Corinthians 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead.

BODY DIES
It is sown in corruption;

And to use your words - the spirit of life (to the body)    "returning to God"
it is raised in incorruption:

BODY DIES

1Corinthians 15:43 It is sown in dishonour;

RETURNING TO GOD
it is raised in glory:

BODY DIES
it is sown in weakness;

RETURNING TO GOD
it is raised in power:

BODY DIES

1Corinthians 15:44 It is sown a natural body;

RETURNING TO GOD
it is raised a spiritual body.

BODY USED ON EARTH
There is a natural body,

BODY USED IN HEAVEN
and there is a spiritual body.

BODY THAT SINNED

1Corinthians 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul;

BODY THAT NEVER SINNED
the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

BODY DIES

1Corinthians 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy;

RETURNING TO GOD
the second man is the Lord from heaven.

BODY DIES

1Corinthians 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy:

RETURNING TO GOD
and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly

BODY DIES, RETURNING TO GOD
There will be a resurrection of the body,

I don't get this
SOUL SEPARATED FROM  BODY
?????????????????????????????????????????

"reunited with the soul". 

YOU SAID

Our souls are different.    It is our souls which we are spiritual beings - the ghost in luke 23:46

ANGELS HAVE BODIES IN YOUR BELIEF, CORRECT?  so spiritual beings have bodies, correct?

Acts 13:36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:

Acts 13:37 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.

Luke 23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.  

2 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

RETURNING TO GOD
and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly

When a person dies, the spirit of life returns to God from which it came.     The spirit of life is not the person.   

The person without his body is the person's soul.

The spirit of life applies to the body having life.    Here is a text regarding that point, when the two witnesses bodies come back to life...

Revelation 11:

9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

Edited by douggg

2 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

I don't get this
SOUL SEPARATED FROM  BODY
?????????????????????????????????????????

"reunited with the soul".

In our present form, as living souls, typing on the internet, we exist as a soul in a body.

When the body dies - the soul is separated from the body - the soul goes to heaven if a Christian.     Or the soul goes to hell, the place of the dead, if a person is not a Christian.

When the resurrection of the body takes place, the soul is rejoined with the resurrected body.

4 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

Is this how your Matthew 10:26 goes.?

DeighAnn, I made a typo in preparing that post.    It should have been John 5:26.    I went back and corrected that post.

• Thanks 1