MomBearTo4

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

With the current political chaos and all the other upheaval in the US right now, the Lord put it on my heart this morning to mediate on Psalm 46 for this week.  (I'm also going to wear black to work on Wednesday as my own "peaceful protest.")  I'd like to share it with you in case it might encourage someone else as well.  

Psalm 46 (Green's Literal Translation)

God is our refuge and strength, very much found to be a help in distresses. On account of this we will not fear when the earth changes and when mountains are slipping into the heart of the seas. Let its waters foam; let the mountains shake in its swelling. There is a river, its channels gladden the city of God, the holy tabernacles of the Most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be shaken; God will help her at the turning of the morning.    The nations roared; kingdoms were shaken; He gave forth His voice and the earth melted. Jehovah of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is a refuge for us. Come, behold the works of Jehovah, who sets ruins on the earth, causing to cease wars to the end of the earth; He breaks the bow and cuts apart spears; He burns the chariots in the fire. 10 Be still and know that I am God! I will be exalted among the nations; I will be exalted in the earth. Jehovah of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is a refuge for us. 

I hope this is a balm to your souls as much as it is mine.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

i like to think of "thow will keep in perfect peace whoes mind is stayed on thee"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

Whether political, economic, family or personal catastrophe, we all have one source of comfort, peace and strength is through our faith/trust in Jesus.

It is our hope for the future, our hope for our nation, the world and all people.

Not politicians, businesmen etc.

• Thumbs Up 1