• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Whyme said:

How does a piece of dung become fossilized? 

I assume that all the animals kind of 'crapped' themselves when the Flood started. Then it got buried.

:whistling:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, teddyv said:

I assume that all the animals kind of 'crapped' themselves when the Flood started. Then it got buried.

:whistling:

What does science say? I cant imagine what could take place that would fossilize a piece of dung. Bury a turd in the ground and it doesnt fossilize, it breaks down. I dunno, just wondering.

Edited by Whyme
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,874
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

49 minutes ago, Whyme said:

What does science say? I cant imagine what could take place that would fossilize a piece of dung. Bury a turd in the ground and it doesnt fossilize, it breaks down. I dunno, just wondering.

Seems it called Coprolite, mainly it’s in the intestines when the animal dies is how it gets fossilized. Where much of their original composition is replaced by mineral deposits such as silicates and calcium carbonates, from I've read.

Edited by BeyondET
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  5,082
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

13 hours ago, Sparks said:

Nope, just saying a big theory there that has not a shred of proof.  We cannot see it with the most powerful telescopes.

But because we can observe long period comets, we can know that it exists and how far out it is.   And we know it's a cloud, not a disk, because long-period comets come in from all directions.   Kepler's laws and Newton's theory of gravitation, allow us to find the aphelion (most distant point of the orbit) of these comets, and therefore the distance to the Oort cloud.

It's non-existent, but taught.

We know it's there, because sometimes an object gets dislodged from the normal orbit and falls toward the Sun.   And then they show up and we can observe their path to know from where they came.   Of course this has nothing whatever to do with evolutionary theory, but it's instructive as to how theories work.    Creationists generally think "theory" means something like "guess" when in fact a theory must have been repeatedly verified by evidence to become a theory.

Silly, eh?

Yes.   It's an illustration of Dirkson's Law:

"People are down on things they aren't up on."

12 hours ago, Sparks said:

There you have it.  ERVs like to choose their 'hot spots' and these scientists have known it for at least 23 years.  We don't have to be related, at all, to chimps or zebras or whatever, to have the same ERV locations, between 'kinds.' 

The likelihood of precisely the same virus being inactivated and integrated into the genome in precisely the right place is so astonishingly unlikely as to be effectively impossible.   There are preferred places in the genome for ERVs, but that doesn't mean that it's selective for any particular virus.

Guest kingdombrat
On 4/16/2021 at 2:05 PM, The Barbarian said:

Yes.   The orientation of the facet on that bone is diagnostic for flat feet.   That's how podiatrists can tell that Lucy had flat feet.

We're speaking of the facet where the foot connects to the leg.  That is what tells a podiatrist that Lucy had flat feet, just as it would for a modern human.

I for some reason missed this portion:

Lucy, a 3.2 million-year old fossil skeleton of a human ancestor, was discovered in 1974 in Hadar, Ethiopia.

Africa, where Eden was located and 3 of the 4 Rivers are still active.   Why does Lucy have [Pre-Noah Flood/buried from the Flood] written all over her?  

Guest kingdombrat
On 4/16/2021 at 3:45 PM, one.opinion said:

Just letting you know that I don't need lessons in Genetics.

If you want to appeal to your interpretation of Genesis 1-2 to shape your opinion of natural history, that's fine. You just can't claim that the scientific evidence supports that view.

Tell me with a [simple] yes/no response (if possible):

When we read some [Specifics] to the Book of Genesis where God tells Job He made the Behemoth [same day/same way] as "Adam."

Is it possible to ARRIVE to the Conclusion, if how God made both Man and Behemoth from DUST + WATER, since the DUST is full of trillions of single cell/microbes/bacteria, that all Species Created this way would/could share [similar genetics and organisms]?

1 hour ago, kingdombrat said:

Africa, where Eden was located

Actually, that is man's assumption.   It's not in scripture.   The Euphrates and Tigris rivers are entirely in Asia, which rules out Africa.

1 hour ago, kingdombrat said:

Why does Lucy have [Pre-Noah Flood/buried from the Flood] written all over her?  

Do you have any evidence for your assumption?

Guest kingdombrat
14 minutes ago, The Barbarian said:

Actually, that is man's assumption.   It's not in scripture.   The Euphrates and Tigris rivers are entirely in Asia, which rules out Africa.

We are discussing when the Earth was a Single Continent?   All 4 Rivers connect then.