• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Willa said:

Do you love God enough to be persecuted for Christ's sake?  

I've been thinking about this. If I'm ever actually persecuted, let it be because I'm a light who doesn't belong in a dark world, not because people are reacting normally to someone acting obnoxious.

I say this because I've seen some obnoxious ones, and at times been one myself. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.91
  • Days Won:  20

I just retired a little over a month ago and thought maybe a "Senior Forum" would be a good place to start for interaction with other Seniors.  I found that there were very few who professed their faith.  Very few that wanted to discuss anything remotely "spiritual" or "religious" and those that did were unkind, demeaning, and boastful of their intelligence against anything pertaining to faith, hope, joy, mercy, salvation, and Jesus Christ.  I haven't deleted my account but will if the Holy Spirit leads me to do that.  In the meantime I have found Worthy to be worthy, so far.  :)

On 2/26/2021 at 9:42 AM, Unit 11 said:

I've been thinking about this. If I'm ever actually persecuted, let it be because I'm a light who doesn't belong in a dark world, not because people are reacting normally to someone acting obnoxious.

I say this because I've seen some obnoxious ones, and at times been one myself. 

We are the salt and light in this evil world.  We just need to make sure our salt does not over power the Light! My husband and children have warned me about my saltiness at times. Then I try to be better with my words, spoken or typed.

On 2/26/2021 at 3:56 AM, clancy said:

Amen! Bro, when God calls me to do something, I am learning to be obedient, straight away, it has taken me time to tune into God...but He certainly gets the message through now, as I’m listening.....it fills me with Awe, when he asks me to do something.

God!!....asking little old me.....were talking “ GOD” ..no words can really explain my Awe...

I know just what you mean!  The God of the Universe loves each one of us that come to him.  After 50 years of walking with Him day by day it floors me that I was considered "chosen".  You're so right....there are no words that can fully explain when our hearts, spirits, souls, and minds comprehend this reality!

Guest clancy
31 minutes ago, debrakay said:

I just retired a little over a month ago and thought maybe a "Senior Forum" would be a good place to start for interaction with other Seniors.  I found that there were very few who professed their faith.  Very few that wanted to discuss anything remotely "spiritual" or "religious" and those that did were unkind, demeaning, and boastful of their intelligence against anything pertaining to faith, hope, joy, mercy, salvation, and Jesus Christ.  I haven't deleted my account but will if the Holy Spirit leads me to do that.  In the meantime I have found Worthy to be worthy, so far.  :)

Hey Sis....welcome!...I love your profile pic...very pretty lady..?

9 minutes ago, clancy said:

Hey Sis....welcome!...I love your profile pic...very pretty lady..?

Thank you.  Some days are better than others and I am not quite sure about the white hair these days.  It's now the same color as it was when I was 3 years old and age 19 when I decided platinum was better than red.  I appreciate the compliment! :)

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,956
  • Content Per Day:  3.04
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/4/2021 at 5:12 AM, johnthebaptist said:

You remember what Jesus said about giving pearls to swine: 

Do not give dogs what is holy; and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under foot and turn to attack you. Matt 7:6 RSV

What kind of man is that ?

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 3/24/2021 at 11:00 PM, R. Hartono said:

What kind of man is that ?

Jesus is telling us that there are some people who will only attack you if you try to reason with them.