IGNORED

Scofield Study Bible

InfoCentral

Guest eponine
I have tried to find out more about dispensationalism vs. covenant but while there is plenty of books written about dispensationalism I haven't found any for covenant theology except books that deal with theology in general.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And that's a great place to look. It seems that (extremely educated) men who write systematic theology books end up with a covenant view, not a dispensational one. This is not true of every single writer (Ryrie, etc...), and it does not make convenat theology right. But, the point is, these men have done tons of research and Bible study on all the aspects of theology, and they see covenant theology as a unifying theme in Scripture, not dispensationalism. So, though their books contain far more than this topic, they cover the topic in light of all the other doctrines.

I think the dispensationalist guys only write on that particular topic. J/K :whistling:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Hi All,

I dont see what the huff and puff is all about, I have a Scofield study bible and I love it. It is probably one of my most read bibles that I have. I have several, but it is the one that I mostly use. My second favorite is the Ryrie NASB study bible.

As has been mentioned by some, I also sometimes read the footnotes, but I dont draw my convictions from them, However, I do agree with some and they have helped at times in my understanding. Gods word and the Holy Spirit bring about my convictions.

As far as what Scofield did, I am sure that we can dig up dirt on any one of us and yet we so easily point fingers at others.

As far as Trust and Obeys comparissons to Paul, I understand what he is saying. Paul did some things that he most certainly was not proud of, Peter denied the Lord three times after walking with Him for several years, David committed murder, adultry, etc and yet God called him a man after His own heart and if you look at the bible, it is filled with peopel like this.

I dont understand why no matter what forum topic I turn to anymore on these boards that I have to check and see if I am in the controversal section, it seems that all the topics anymore are filled with it.

Jesus said if He is lifted up, He will draw all men unto Himself. Lets lift Him up!

In Jesus

kevin

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/26/1974

I personally have several Scofield Study Bibles. I have always found them useful. I even bought both my children one as their first Bibles.

So in my opinion... You go ahead with the studies, I believe you will really benefit from it.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  23
  • Birthday:  12/26/1974

I have several of the Scofield Study Bibles and I really like to use them to study by. I even bought both my boys one a piece for their first bibles.

So.. I would go ahead with your studies because I think you will benefit from it.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  79

So.. I would go ahead with your studies because I think you will benefit from it.

I am now very excited to get started. Everyday I check Amazon.Com and track my bible. Moody said I should expect the course material in a week or two. In the meantime I have started a general study on the bible itself. I have learned so much just in the past week. Thanks to all and God Bless... :blink:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

I dont see what the huff and puff is all about

No "huff and puff". :blink: Just people answering the question. It is a Bible full of his dispensationalist/Arminian opinion, and some people would not purchase it because of that, that's all. :21:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

All study Bibles have the "opinion" of men in the footnotes. That's what notes are... somebody's opinion.

I use the MacArthur Study Bible and MacArthur tends to be a bit of a cessasionist, which I am not. It doesn't mean I invalidate the entire sum of his research... which is very enlightening, thorough and exhaustive.

Like someone else said... chew the meat and spit out the bones. And, every study Bible has "bones" of some sort to someone. With so many theological differences, no study Bible is going to be 100% agreeable to any one person. That is, of course, unless you use a study Bible that foregos the use of notes altogether, like the Thompson Chain Reference.

Well, I am very excited; I received my Scofield Study Bible Friday and it came with a CD. The CD resources utilize the Libronix (Logos) library system. Previously I had _The J. Vernon McGee Electronic Bible Study Library_ (best buy yet) which used the Logos library system so I was able to upgrade for free. This is really turning out great!

Still awaiting arrival of my course material from Moody but I have started do a general bible study. I am currently reading the _Zondervan Handbook to the Bible_ which has a 100 page introduction to the bible and its assembly. All and all things are going along very well. Thanks to everyone and God bless...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Well, I am very excited; I received my Scofield Study Bible Friday and it came with a CD.  The CD resources utilize the Libronix (Logos) library system.  Previously I had _The J. Vernon McGee Electronic Bible Study Library_ (best buy yet) which used the Logos library system so I was able to upgrade for free.  This is really turning out great!

Still awaiting arrival of my course material from Moody but I have started do a general bible study.  I am currently reading the _Zondervan Handbook to the Bible_  which has a 100 page introduction to the bible and its assembly.  All and all things are going along very well.  Thanks to everyone and God bless...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Get a Halley's Bible Handbook for about $10. You'll love it. :brightidea:

Get a Halley's Bible Handbook for about $10. You'll love it.

Yeah, I was on Amazon.Com and you can get the Halley's Bible Handbook and NIV version, together, for $12. :brightidea: