• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,670
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, BeyondET said:

Thanks for the post, you mentioned the genealogy that’s another interesting writing.

in my opinion or at least It helps me to read the genealogy, I start right in the middle with David work to the left branches up to the top then back down the right branches back to David, then David down the trunk to Abraham, Abraham to Adam,

Ok BeyondET, I might have completed at least the first part of this study.... that is, gathering the data needed to BEGIN in evaluating whether this is ONE event discussed in 3 Gospels, or it is 3 events discussed in each of the 3 Gospels. Here is the raw data to be us:

Similarities:

1)    All gospels mention a crowd,

2)    All gospels have a blind man sitting by the road,

3)    All gospels have them realize or know who Jesus is,

4)    All gospels have others tell them to be quiet,

5)    All gospels show the Jesus stood still,

6)    All gospels have Jesus asking them what do they want Him to do,

7)    All gospels reveal they request to see,

8)    All gospels will follow Jesus after they are healed,

9)    All gospels have Jesus healing them just before His entry into Jerusalem

Differences:

1)    Matthew heals as they were leaving Jericho, Mark He was at Jericho, Luke says it was as they approached Jericho,

2)    Matthew heals two while both Mark and Luke heal one,

3)    Mark and Luke tell us he was a beggar while there is no mention in Matthew,

4)    Mark and Luke call to Him as Jesus, Son of David while in Matthew He is Lord, Son of David – and, Jesus is referred to as Lord 3 X’s in Matthew,

5)    Luke tells us the beggar asked what is all the commotion about, there is no mention of this in Matthew or Mark,

6)    Matthew reveals a call for mercy, no mention in Luke or Mark,

7)    Mark reveals an encouragement from the crowd, Luke and Matthew do not,

8)    Mark reveals the beggar throwing off his cloak and springing up to come to Jesus, Matthew and Luke do not,

9)    Matthew they request their eyes to be opened, while in Luke and Mark they ask to see again,

10) Matthew has Jesus touching them, Luke and Mark He speaks to them,

11) Matthew tells us He had compassion for him, Luke and Mark do not,

12) Luke has both the blind man and the crowd glorifying and praising God, Matthew and Mark do not.

Now, I will attempt to use this information and see what I believe it is telling us.... one event or three... ANY comments or suggestions or opinions are very welcomed, Charlie

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,869
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

27 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

Ok BeyondET, I might have completed at least the first part of this study.... that is, gathering the data needed to BEGIN in evaluating whether this is ONE event discussed in 3 Gospels, or it is 3 events discussed in each of the 3 Gospels. Here is the raw data to be us:

Similarities:

1)    All gospels mention a crowd,

2)    All gospels have a blind man sitting by the road,

3)    All gospels have them realize or know who Jesus is,

4)    All gospels have others tell them to be quiet,

5)    All gospels show the Jesus stood still,

6)    All gospels have Jesus asking them what do they want Him to do,

7)    All gospels reveal they request to see,

8)    All gospels will follow Jesus after they are healed,

9)    All gospels have Jesus healing them just before His entry into Jerusalem

Differences:

1)    Matthew heals as they were leaving Jericho, Mark He was at Jericho, Luke says it was as they approached Jericho,

2)    Matthew heals two while both Mark and Luke heal one,

3)    Mark and Luke tell us he was a beggar while there is no mention in Matthew,

4)    Mark and Luke call to Him as Jesus, Son of David while in Matthew He is Lord, Son of David – and, Jesus is referred to as Lord 3 X’s in Matthew,

5)    Luke tells us the beggar asked what is all the commotion about, there is no mention of this in Matthew or Mark,

6)    Matthew reveals a call for mercy, no mention in Luke or Mark,

7)    Mark reveals an encouragement from the crowd, Luke and Matthew do not,

8)    Mark reveals the beggar throwing off his cloak and springing up to come to Jesus, Matthew and Luke do not,

9)    Matthew they request their eyes to be opened, while in Luke and Mark they ask to see again,

10) Matthew has Jesus touching them, Luke and Mark He speaks to them,

11) Matthew tells us He had compassion for him, Luke and Mark do not,

12) Luke has both the blind man and the crowd glorifying and praising God, Matthew and Mark do not.

Now, I will attempt to use this information and see what I believe it is telling us.... one event or three... ANY comments or suggestions or opinions are very welcomed, Charlie

I really liked how you broke that down to segments excellent, I do things like that as well, :)

my suggestion is part of the difference sediment, Jesus says too one “Go thy way faith made thee whole”, and the other receive sight faith has saved thee. even the ones spoken too was different 

52And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.

42And Jesus said unto him, Receive thy sight: thy faith hath saved thee. 43And immediately he received his sight, and followed him, glorifying God: and all the people, when they saw it, gave praise unto God.

Edited by BeyondET

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,670
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

3 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

I really liked how you broke that down to segments excellent, I do things like that as well, :)

my suggestion is part of the difference sediment, Jesus says too one “Go thy way faith made thee whole”, 

52And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.

Very nice........ now onto the thinking part. This is the fun part - to try and reveal what all of this might be telling us. If we ask the Holy Spirit for His guidance help, we should be able to knock this out.... Charlie

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,869
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

6 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

Very nice........ now onto the thinking part. This is the fun part - to try and reveal what all of this might be telling us. If we ask the Holy Spirit for His guidance help, we should be able to knock this out.... Charlie

Indeed, o yea and all the people who saw one of them praised unto God forgot to mention

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 2/28/2021 at 3:25 AM, BeyondET said:

Are there 2 or 3 or 4 men? 

from reading the passages IMO it appears as Four, One on the way side road leading to Jericho, Bartimaeus on the highway town street the entrance or near it before leaving the town, two blind men had their eyes touched on the way side departing road from Jericho. Mark account seems different than either Luke or Matthew thus the forth.

Luke18:35 And it came to pass, that as he was come nigh unto Jericho, a certain blind man sat by the way side begging: 36And hearing the multitude pass by, he asked what it meant. 37And they told him, that Jesus of Nazareth passeth by. 38And he cried, saying, Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me. 39And they which went before rebuked him, that he should hold his peace: but he cried so much the more, Thou Son of David, have mercy on me. 40And Jesus stood, and commanded him to be brought unto him: and when he was come near, he asked him, 41Saying, What wilt thou that I shall do unto thee? And he said, Lord, that I may receive my sight. 42And Jesus said unto him, Receive thy sight: thy faith hath saved thee. 43And immediately he received his sight, and followed him, glorifying God: and all the people, when they saw it, gave praise unto God.

Luke 19:1 And Jesus entered and passed through Jericho. 2And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich. 3And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature. 4And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way. 5And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house. 6And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully. 7And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner. 8And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold. 9And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham. 10For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Mark 10:46 And they came to Jericho: and as he went out of Jericho with his disciples and a great number of people, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the highway side begging. 47And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me. 48And many charged him that he should hold his peace: but he cried the more a great deal, Thou Son of David, have mercy on me. 49And Jesus stood still, and commanded him to be called. And they call the blind man, saying unto him, Be of good comfort, rise; he calleth thee. 50And he, casting away his garment, rose, and came to Jesus. 51And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight. 52And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.

Matthew 20:29 And as they departed from Jericho, a great multitude followed him. 30And, behold, two blind men sitting by the way side, when they heard that Jesus passed by, cried out, saying, Have mercy on us, O Lord, thou Son of David. 31And the multitude rebuked them, because they should hold their peace: but they cried the more, saying, Have mercy on us, O Lord, thou Son of David. 32And Jesus stood still, and called them, and said, What will ye that I shall do unto you? 33They say unto him, Lord, that our eyes may be opened. 34So Jesus had compassion on them, and touched their eyes: and immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed him.

You are right. And the interesting is that all this four blind men used the same "formula" to engross Jesus: "Have mercy on us, O Lord, thou Son of David"

• This is Worthy 1