• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Josheb said:

I know what God says in answer to this op, PeterR; I posted a pile of what God says. So did most others.  Once again: Simple question asked. Valid question asked. Relevant question asked. 

The simple, valid, and relevant question asked was not answered. I am asking you. I am asking you to clarify your posts. I am asking you to clarify your posts because you are the one posting your posts. And you are avoiding the opportunity to clarify and/or explain your own posts. It is your op, after all.

Rest from what

Have you noted how much cyberspace you've devoted to "rest" without once ever having explained what you mean? 
Have you noted how much of what other people bring to your posts for the sake of discussion is ignored or avoided?  

Shouldn't have to ask at all. 
Shouldn't have to ask twice. 

You see, my brother, Christians just know it and feel it. So I agree that you shouldn't ask me that. And especially twice.
We are given to know and be guided in our lives by the whole written Word of God, and some of us are even given to guide others (I am not talking about myself here).
When it serves to build ourselves up together into one body, we call it being led by the Lord's Spirit.

We were also given the courage to look at ourselves as in a mirror in this Word of God, which we often proclaim. If we do this, then we will not despise the good advice from our brothers. After all, we love one another as the Lord commanded us.
We will be quick to listen but slow to speak ...

Guest clancy

I agree,Josheb, I was going to ask the same question, but  noticed you already had...it’s quite frustrating when we don’t get an answer...this has happened to me on another thread..

I also need to practice answering other members posts, i don’t believe I have ignored any ,in future if I’m asked a question ,I don’t know the answer,I will say so...rather than ignore the poster.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,275
  • Content Per Day:  1.24

On 3/5/2021 at 10:52 AM, PeterR said:

How do you see all the way of a disciple following the Lord Jesus?

Please, if possible, answer in short, two-sentence points.

faith causes us to be what the law actually wants.

Romans 3:31

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Josheb said:

What say you? 

Listen brother
From your first post in this topic, you try to break it instead of helping it build. 

Why are you persecuting me? Is it because of my freedom in Christ?
Why are you measuring me with your measure of human morality?

• Thumbs Up 1

The Bible is a Book of God's Laws - the Laws of Moses and the Law of Faith. But for today's "Pharisees" this is not enough. More and more often they talk about the "moral law" which they themselves write and in which they most often consider themselves righteous. Hence the short path to falling out of grace. For salvation is not in the "moral law" - but in the Lord; not in deeds, even those worthy of the greatest praise - but in the heart and words of people that we speak to our neighbor.

Mat 12:36  But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 
Mat 12:37  For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. 

Well, that's right! Because of your words ...

The question of good deeds. The case immediately warms up to white, because when I shake my nose at this dictum - the opponents start to tear their hair out. And the matter is relatively simple. We should always do good, without ceasing, in our thoughts, deeds and words. For God made us good. But there was also a backlash. And we started to do evil. That is the crux of the matter. Man's problem is not good deeds, but bad deeds, and he must give an appropriate ransom for evil.

The call to repent before God permeates the entire Bible. It is a condition for giving everyone the grace of Faith. You have to break the old man with his values and aspirations, and give your life completely to the Lord.

Turn away from those who say: Free and sinless you will only be in heaven! Because it is not true, it is not!

Gal 2:2  And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain. 
Gal 2:3  But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised: 
Gal 2:4  And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage: 
Gal 2:5  To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you. 
Gal 2:6  But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:

Run away from such people, because they want to enslave you again! And we belong to Christ - the King of kings and Lord of lords!

(tbc)

• Well Said! 1

Conscience
Now, only Adam was created in the image of God (before the fall). But we, his descendants, are like Adam; but after the fall. We have become "dead to God" - entered the backslidden camp. And we are no longer - good, but spoiled; tainted by evil once and for all. The conscience we try to boast is, in fact, the stigma of apostasy; testifies against us, and in the Last Judgment it will turn into an indictment. Punishment is also known. Whoever remains without Faith becomes guilty of death. Not the physical, "known" (let's say "half trouble") - but the "second death" - terrible death - being lost in the fire of ordeal. And now the most important thing! The Bible does not give any other "standard of conduct" for the entire population of the earth. It only distinguishes - Israel, covered by covenants with God: the Old (leading to self-righteousness on the basis of good deeds) and the New (speaking about righteousness from God, given by grace).

The Law of Faith.
God, who knows all people, stated in the Bible that no one gets righteousness by works (by obeying the commandments of the law). So salvation will not be a privilege of the so-called "good people". Why? Because there are no such! So who will inherit the Kingdom? Who will God call righteous? Only the chosen ones. Only washed with the blood of the Lamb. People who accepted the Savior's sacrifice. For Jesus' death fulfilled God's righteousness - a equivalent ransom was offered for the life of a sinful man. At the same time, the Cross became a triumph of Love. It is incomprehensible! Weird. Almost the opposite! And yet ... When there was no one without fault to lay down his life - salvation came from God. Here is the Word, the Son, the Almighty Himself takes the form of the Son of Man and gives the Father the ransom due for the sins of all mankind. Jesus died for you and me. Will you reject His sacrifice? Or maybe you unknowingly diminish it and try to add "something" to the Cross? Please - be careful! God is good and just. He showed this on the cross. However, the Cross remains a proof that He is good, but also ... fair.

Wait a minute ... - you can say - there is something wrong here! If the penalty of sin is death, it should not touch the pure one. What's justice here? Let's wait ... And after three days it will be full. For God raises Jesus from the dead, breaking the curse of death. It also forms the foundation for the rebirth of a human being. The Lord's promise has been fulfilled: But the just shall live by his faith. (Habakkuk 2: 4). What faith? From the Faith of Jesus. For Jesus, who was fully human, also fully trusted in God. And so we got to the point. Adam disregarded the Word, thereby bringing death - Jesus remained faithful until death, so Faith became the standard of life. Moreover, He who overcame sin and succumbed to any temptation is entitled to the "spoils" of the winner - the life of everyone who believes. This is the Good News. From the time of Golgotha until today, man can enjoy the benefits of Jesus' mission. As soon as he repents and asks for forgiveness. Because God, in His Mercy, planned rescue for the chosen ones - righteousness from the Living God through Faith in the Work of Salvation. Faith which is a gift because it comes from the Savior. What happens then? God first immerses us in the death of Jesus, then baptizes us in the Holy Spirit, and finally fills us with the Spirit. We are born a second time - a new creation arises. No effort, free. For salvation is fully the Work of the Lord, the Work of the Creator Himself! When a man is born a second time, he receives a new conscience on which the Law of Faith is written: Trust! The blood of the Lamb has washed you. You have inherited the Kingdom of God. The Creator also gives man a new heart in which Love is no longer a law, but a feature of a new nature. A Christian enters the eternal Sabbath (rest). The old law no longer has force over him. He is free in the Lord Jesus Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Fail.

Please follow the rules outlined by me in the first post of this topic instead of putting yourself in the position of judge, prosecutor, and conductor.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  530
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  1,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Birthday:  08/10/1989

On 3/5/2021 at 4:52 PM, PeterR said:

How do you see all the way of a disciple following the Lord Jesus?

Please, if possible, answer in short, two-sentence points.

Luke 14:25 “If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.”

John 13:34-35 “So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.”

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

19 hours ago, plavious said:

Luke 14:25 “If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.”

John 13:34-35 “So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.”

It sounds like:

Cut off your roots and the Lord will make your wings grow.

You can't have roots and wings at the same time.