• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

@Zandy Knope

Hello and welcome to worthy !

We are happy you are here. It would be helpful to us, if we could receive a bit more information on what you do understand or what you have learned about the gospel message and what it is all about. And where you stand. And do you have further questions? Are you ready to give your life to Christ at this point?

In this particular sub-forum of the “do you just want to ask a question” we are able to supply an answer to your question. But you aren't able to dialog back and forth with us in this sub- forum so that we can give more accurate and helpful responses. The main “Do you just want to ask a question?” section allows you to dialog back and forth with us. Hopefully your able to post there. I hope to encourage you to post again. Click on the link below which will take you to the main “Do you just want to ask a question?”

If you do not wish to post again. I will suggest that you begin with the Gospel of John in the bible, and when you are done, read it a second time because then you will see something more that you might have missed the first time. Feel free to come back and ask questions as you read. Then read Acts. The gospels and Acts were written by people who had witnessed the events first hand and then wrote from their perspectives. But essentially the same gospel message as a whole.

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/forum/161-do-you-want-to-just-ask-a-question/

May God bless you as you search for Him.

appy

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

There are many places to start but for me I started with reading the book of proverbs. Maybe it will be a good place for you to start too.

“The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel; To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding; To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity; To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion. A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels: To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭1:1-7‬ ‭

Edited by Hopefully
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/8/2021 at 2:02 PM, Zandy Knope said:

Hello!

I've been an atheist for several years now, but I have been hearing some convincing arguments from Christians about morality and have started to question my beliefs. I am open and willing to learn more about Christianity and possibly rethink my worldview, but I'm unsure as to where to begin. Where should I start?

Thank you!

Zandy Knope

Read John's gospel and say what I said, "God, if you exist, help me understand what I'm reading and the logic of it. Speak to me if you exist."

• Well Said! 1

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Start minding  harking Jesus' voice. After all, faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God (Rom 10:17). Everything else depends on this, to begin by blessings:

• "And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth: and all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God." (Deut 28:1,2).

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Where do I start?

Everything should start in Christ, walk in Christ and finish in Christ (Rom 11:36).

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 3/8/2021 at 2:02 PM, Zandy Knope said:

Where should I start?

Start with the Sermon on the mount in Matthew chapter 5. It is ok to get some commentary to understand but it is best to pray and ask the Holy Spirit of God to help us understand what we are reading. This starts off with the beatitudes or 10 blessings from God. 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 3/10/2021 at 7:46 AM, Hopefully said:

I started with reading the book of proverbs.

Solomon actually wrote 1,000 books. The library here has a copy of the other 997 of them. Only three of his books made it into the Bible. Proverbs 31 starts off with: "The sayings of King Lemuel—an inspired utterance his mother taught him." It was common for Solomon to host a dinner with kings and wise men. Then they would share their wisdom and understanding with each other. As King Lemuel would teach others what he had learned from his mom.