• Topic Count:  246
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,078
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

3 hours ago, Hopefully said:

It should not be. 

“Barnabas and Saul were sent out by the Holy Spirit. They went to the city of Seleucia. Then they sailed from there to the island of Cyprus.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭13:4‬ 

Saul aka Paul

if you believe theology and biblical scholar degrees are more important than being led by the Holy Spirit for a teacher it is your right to believe so. I don’t believe all respected theologians and bible scholars are led by the Holy Spirit and it is important for students to recognize this. 

I have met people that have been going to church for years that never read the Bible for themselves and this is a big reason for people being led astray. Everyone should read the Bible for themselves to be able to recognize false teaching.

They should hold closely to what they have read and learn from those who agree with what it says rather than assume because one has a biblical degree that they must be right in teaching something different.

If someone has a calling, vocation, and gifting to impart spiritual knowledge and Scriptural truth, and others are eager to learn from them, this should not be discouraged. There is no Scriptural prohibition on such education, just warnings against things that are contrary to God's Word and His Will.

Making sweeping generalisations that disparage structured education in preparation for serving God in Christian ministry, and arguing from a fallacy of composition that because some Christian education ministries and Christian professors are tainted by error, heresy, or apostacy, then all such must be, is not going to convince me that systematic theological studies of the Bible and holiness are mutually exclusive.

1Co 4:1-5  Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.  (2)  Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.  (3)  But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.  (4)  For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judges me is the Lord.  (5)  Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  363
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Not all people who do evil and appear evil will become worse and worse.  And we are not the judges of souls.  Some will be saved and become new creatures.  Jesus will judge, and save who he will.

1 Tim 1:12-13

And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry.  Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious, but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

We were all dead in our sins until we were saved by Jesus Christ.  Jesus came to save sinners.  Saul wasn't looking too good before his encounter with Jesus, and neither were we.  But now we are Sons of God because the Father sees his Son Jesus in us.  Only these new creatures in Christ are acceptable to God.  Our past life without Jesus is left behind as we move forward with Jesus.

Phil 3:13-14

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended.  But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things that are before.  I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest clancy
4 hours ago, Michael37 said:

If someone has a calling, vocation, and gifting to impart spiritual knowledge and Scriptural truth, and others are eager to learn from them, this should not be discouraged. There is no Scriptural prohibition on such education, just warnings against things that are contrary to God's Word and His Will.

1Co 4:1-5  Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.  (2)  Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.  (3)  But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.  (4)  For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judges me is the Lord.  (5)  Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Amen to this, I’ve been called, but definitely not to teach, I love to listen and learn,check everything that is taught with scripture ,

I’ve been called to serve and witness, for the Lord Jesus.

Edited by clancy

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

6 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Thank you for you views on my post. I still stand by all I have said here. And warning not judging is exactly what I am doing. 

Would you feel comfortable making a post telling people baptism is not necessary?

Would you feel comfortable making a post saying receive spiritual guidance from anyone who wants to give it and don’t worry about if their teachings go against what the Bible says, or if they live a holy life?

Thats the best way to fight this post. 

Edited by Hopefully

2 hours ago, Logostician said:

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended.  But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things that are before.  I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Amen 

“It is not my business to judge those who are not part of the group of believers. God will judge them, but you must judge those who are part of your group. The Scriptures say, “Make the evil person leave your group.”

I wrote to you in my letter that you should not associate with people who sin sexually. But I did not mean the people of this world. You would have to leave the world to get away from all the people who sin sexually, or who are greedy and cheat each other, or who worship idols.

I meant you must not associate with people who claim to be believers but continue to live in sin. Don’t even eat with a brother or sister who sins sexually, is greedy, worships idols, abuses others with insults, gets drunk, or cheats people.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭5:9-13‬ ‭

“It is a true statement that anyone whose goal is to serve as an elder has his heart set on a good work. An elder must be such a good man that no one can rightly criticize him.

He must be faithful to his wife. He must have self-control and be wise. He must be respected by others. He must be ready to help people by welcoming them into his home. He must be a good teacher. He must not drink too much, and he must not be someone who likes to fight. He must be gentle and peaceful. He must not be someone who loves money. He must be a good leader of his own family. This means that his children obey him with full respect.

If a man does not know how to lead his own family, he will not be able to take care of God’s church. An elder must not be a new believer. It might make him too proud of himself. Then he would be condemned for his pride the same as the devil was. An elder must also have the respect of people who are not part of the church. Then he will not be criticized by others and be caught in the devil’s trap.

In the same way, the men who are chosen to be special servants must have the respect of others. They must not be men who say things they don’t mean or who spend their time drinking too much. They must not be men who will do almost anything for money. They must follow the true faith that God has now made known to us and always do what they know is right. You should test them first. Then, if you find that they have done nothing wrong, they can be special servants.

In the same way, the women must have the respect of others. They must not be women who speak evil about other people. They must have self-control and be women who can be trusted in everything.

The men who are special servants must be faithful in marriage. They must be good leaders of children and their own families.

Those who do well as special servants are making an honorable place for themselves. And they will feel very sure of their faith in Christ Jesus.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭3:1-13‬ ‭

Edited by Hopefully

“In the past there were false prophets among God’s people. It is the same now. You will have some false teachers in your group. They will teach things that are wrong—ideas that will cause people to be lost. And they will teach in a way that will be hard for you to see that they are wrong.

They will even refuse to follow the Master who bought their freedom. And so they will quickly destroy themselves. Many people will follow them in the morally wrong things they do. And because of them, others will say bad things about the way of truth we follow.

These false teachers only want your money. So they will use you by telling you things that are not true. But the judgment against these false teachers has been ready for a long time. And they will not escape God who will destroy them.”
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭2:1-3‬ ‭

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,078
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

17 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Would you feel comfortable making a post telling people baptism is not necessary?

Would you feel comfortable making a post saying receive spiritual guidance from anyone who wants to give it and don’t worry about if their teachings go against what the Bible says, or if they live a holy life?

No. I would disfellowship you if you came my way and persisted in endorsing New Apostolic Reformation, Emergent Church, or any non-Biblical falsehoods. 

Many denominations will not recognise the ministries of those who haven't passed their own courses of study and training, but my experience is with good Bible Colleges and sincere equippers that provide excellent curriculums for the theoretical and practical training of anyone who presents with a genuine call to ministry.   

Php 1:9-11  And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;  (10)  That you may approve things that are excellent; that you may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ;  (11)  Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

• Well Said! 1

24 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

No. I would disfellowship you if you came my way and persisted in endorsing New Apostolic Reformation, Emergent Church, or any non-Biblical falsehoods. 

So what is the problem here with my post about being baptized and stating that it’s more important for Gods teachers to be holy over having a degree?