• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1978

No, I don't agree with you M4, the golden calf was made out of ignorance and fear, but those who know the meanings and traditions behind the holiday of Christ mass are decided with knowledge that they still want to participate in this desecration using the Savior's Greek name.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WHY DOES IT MATTER WHAT LANGUAGE WE USE THE SAVIOURS NAME OR DO YOU THINK THAT BECAUSE HE WAS JEWISH WE SHOULD ALL ABANDON OUR MANY LANGUAGES AND LEARN TO SPEAK YIDDISH AS NOT TO OFFEND YOU ???

IS NOT THE NAME OF OUR LORD AS POWERFUL IN ANY LANGUAGE ???

OR ONLY IN THE JEWISH LANGUAGES ???

AND IF WE CELEBRATE THE LORD AND HIS BIRTH HOW IS THIS A DESECRATION ???

ZAYIT I USED TO DEFEND YOU BUT NOW I AM BEGINNING TO REALIZE I DID THIS IN VAIN...I REPENT !!!

ARROGANCE IS NOT FITTING FOR A FOOL, ZAYIT !!!

No, I don't agree with you M4, the golden calf was made out of ignorance and fear, but those who know the meanings and traditions behind the holiday of Christ mass are decided with knowledge that they still want to participate in this desecration using the Savior's Greek name.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WHY DOES IT MATTER WHAT LANGUAGE WE USE THE SAVIOURS NAME OR DO YOU THINK THAT BECAUSE HE WAS JEWISH WE SHOULD ALL ABANDON OUR MANY LANGUAGES AND LEARN TO SPEAK YIDDISH AS NOT TO OFFEND YOU ???

IS NOT THE NAME OF OUR LORD AS POWERFUL IN ANY LANGUAGE ???

OR ONLY IN THE JEWISH LANGUAGES ???

AND IF WE CELEBRATE THE LORD AND HIS BIRTH HOW IS THIS A DESECRATION ???

ZAYIT I USED TO DEFEND YOU BUT NOW I AM BEGINNING TO REALIZE I DID THIS IN VAIN...I REPENT !!!

ARROGANCE IS NOT FITTING FOR A FOOL, ZAYIT !!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yiddish? The Bible is not 3/4 Yiddish, it is in Hebrew. :huh: They aren't both the same. You don't offend me, but I must tell you since you don't know, Your Saviors name is not Christ , that is his title, and Christ isn't the English of his name it is the english of the Greek. We have his title in English from the Hebrew, and that is Messiah. And I was speaking of the "Mass" the body and blood used to celebrate his birth, I find that a desecration , I did not say everyone had to.

I am sorry that you feel that you have defended me in vain ( although I never saw this, I do have a few PM's from you telling me what you really think of me in private though) and I also regret that you feel the need to repent for this and also for causing you to sin. :) I did not come here expecting to be lovedeven though that is a commandment of Yeshua, and it is not why I come here, so you don't have to defend me, nor feel you have to, only out of love should anything be done for or to a brother or sister.

Mt 5:22

But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

And to back up my statement:

10:26

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

The Lord shall judge his people.

10:31

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  10/10/1978

Look Zayit...maybe i was a bit harsh...and please forgive my ignorance...i just get so dissapointed with all the legalistic crud that goes on here...i mean is it absolutly neccesary to make waa legalistic...can't we just love God with all our hearts, minds, souls...and loves others as God loves them...why do we always have to be up in arms here...i am tired of it i go to read some jokes when i am down and i see it there too!!! :huh::(:):24:

Mikeyjay, I am truly sorry you find that someone standing up for G-ds Holiness is legalistic and afronts your senses, but I have to tell you I will not keep silent. For if I see someone sinning and do not warn them I am guilty and I have not obeyed the L-Rd by loving you enough to show you.

My Love for the L-RD comes first, you and everyone else are second. I speak the truth and the truth doesn't come wrapped up in pretty wrapping. Yeshua didn't whitewash the truth even with those he loved most, should I be any different?

Belittling G-d is always blasphemy and never anything else, not even humorous.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/28/1978

i also do not feel much religious responsibility to celebrate christmas.

not only is it not the birthdate of Christ, the holiday was put in place to appease (as i've heard it) two groups: pagans and Christians. it is on the date of an original celebration of a pagan sun-god and was implemented so that both pagans and christians could celebrate without anyone feeling as if they'd sold out.

i do not criticize or condemn those believers that do celebrate christmas at all, but also feel no obligation and little inclination to celebrate it myself.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

i also do not feel much religious responsibility to celebrate christmas.

not only is it not the birthdate of Christ, the holiday was put in place to appease (as i've heard it) two groups: pagans and Christians.  it is on the date of an original celebration of a pagan sun-god and was implemented so that both pagans and christians could celebrate without anyone feeling as if they'd sold out.

i do not criticize or condemn those believers that do celebrate christmas at all, but also feel no obligation and little inclination to celebrate it myself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, you might as well cross Easter off your list to, because it's as pagan as Christmas, again having to do with the resurrection of the Sun.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I speak for myself, but I do not celebrate Easter, for the same reasons I do not celebrate Christmas.

Were I a bettin man I'd wager that the others here who do not celebrate Christmas also do not celebrate Easter.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I do not believe in having a tree because of what is stated in Jeremiah 10:2-4.

I am not really a big fan of the word Christmas either, and I don't like the saying 'Merry Christmas'. Why would I not like that? Think of what you are really saying when you say that to some one. You are saying "Happy death of Christ". How come? The word merry explains itself. It means happy. Then we have Christ followed by the word mas(s). I feel it is self explanatory. At a time we are supposed to be celebrating the birth of Christ we are actually going around and saying to people "Happy death of Christ". Thats just my opinion.

Edited by the_raven_1313

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

I do not believe in having a tree because of what is stated in Jeremiah 10:2-4.

I am not really a big fan of the word Christmas either, and I don't like the saying 'Merry Christmas'. Why would I not like that? Think of what you are really saying when you say that to some one. You are saying "Happy death of Christ". How come? The word merry explains itself. It means happy. Then we have Christ followed by the word mas(s). I feel it is self explanatory. Thats just my opinion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've gotta go back to work, so I'll let someone else debunk the "Christmas tree=Jeremiah" argument if they wish. If not, I'll do it tonight when I get home from work! :rolleyes:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

If they moved christmas from dec. 25 to oct. 31 would you all still celebrate?

Not picking a fight...just wondering. :24:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ever heard of all saints day? If we didn't have christian holidays to counter the pagan holidays, we would have a hard time explaining to our kids why pagans are allowed to have more fun. Let the kids be kids. They don't give a diddley about pagan nonsense. It sounds like some of you have forgotten what it's like to be a kid. :emot-hug:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The same argument could be made of saving oneself for marriage, not using drugs, not getting hammered on alcohol, etc etc

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

huh? :24:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Many consider it a vital part of one's youth to get wasted, have lots of sex, etc. These things are no mroe a vital part of being young than celebrating Christmas is vital to being a child. Why not have your children delight in God's appointed times rather than manmade tradition?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What are God's appointed times? :thumbsup:

So you don't believe kid's should be able to enjoy a day set aside for the Birth of Christ? How would my kids feel about God if the only ones who could appreciate a day set apart for Him are unbelievers? I would think they would wonder what kinda God oppresses His children while the pagans party on.