• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Have any of you experienced Christian growing pains and if so, what has it been like for you?

I’ve been going through a spiritual test for the last 1 1/2 years and I’ve experienced similar tests to this in the past. I’ve been on the hunt trying to find someone who has gone through something similar but... haven’t. 

I’ve been a Christian for 20 years and through those 20 years, God has used feelings/emotions to reach/speak to me. I had gone through 1 period of time, back in April 2019-Nov 2019, where I didn’t feel anything and I failed miserably and kept drifting away, but, every 3-5 days, Jesus nudged me and he did that for those months up until Nov 1, 2019 when I began experiencing another test and I’m still going through that test

I don’t want to go into too much of what I’m experiencing right now, but, I’ve prayed a lot about it and the only ‘answer’ God is giving me is ‘Just Wait’. I also know God is allowing this test bc I experience deep peace every night while in bed and it’s a comfort bc getting through the days is often excruciatingly difficult. 

I’ve been experiencing these types of ‘changes’ through the day. It has nothing to do with my mood. Many days are so hard that I feel like I won’t be able to hold on and stay faithful. I started to feel these changes back in 2002 but back then, they only lasted for a few days at a time. In December of 2018 into March of 2019, I experienced 3 of these tests, all with a different end result.

There’s a lot more to my story and what I’m experiencing but I’ll end there for now as I want to hear from some of you  

Please don’t judge me for what I’m sharing. I really haven’t found anyone that understands this or who could relate/help me with it. I share to see what others have experienced and to try to find someone who’s experienced similar 

https://www.ptm.org/spiritual-growing-pains-brad-jersak

Edited by FieryFury
Adding a link
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

1 hour ago, FieryFury said:

I don’t want to go into too much of what I’m experiencing right now, but, I’ve prayed a lot about it and the only ‘answer’ God is giving me is ‘Just Wait’.

Welcome. Let me ask you, how do you know that it is God who answers your prayers? Do you verify what you hear with the Word of God written in Scripture? Exactly what verses in God's Word confirm what you are hearing?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

1 hour ago, FieryFury said:

I’ve been going through a spiritual test for the last 1 1/2 years and I’ve experienced similar tests to this in the past.

Why would God test you for the last eleven and a half years?

Example, you take a driving test, you either Pas or fail you are not taking the driving test for the next ten years.

It is the same with God.

I think you need to talk to your pastor about what is happening to you and get advice and/or help.

1 hour ago, PeterR said:

Welcome. Let me ask you, how do you know that it is God who answers your prayers? Do you verify what you hear with the Word of God written in Scripture? Exactly what verses in God's Word confirm what you are hearing?

Hi Peter, 

Who else would be answering my prayers? 

I’ll be honest. I haven’t memorized any Scripture and I’m not sure I have seen any scripture yet that verifies what I’m experiencing  

Last summer as I was walking my dog, I started praying and asked God if he wanted me to start reading the Bible and if so, where should I start? I heard a whisper of Jeremiah so I made a stop in the woods and started reading Jeremiah. 

I’ve more recently started doing devotions at night and although I can’t think of any verses that go along with what I’m experiencing or ‘hearing’, sometimes the devotionals themselves are speaking to me and what I’m going through. 

Since I’m not sure how to post a picture onto here, I’ll just repeat a quote of something I read. “God can lead a believer one-way using one using one Method of guidance And then to lead and another believer in another totally different way because of his sovereignty. God specializes in individualized instruction.He knows what to do to get each of his children on track.No matter what guiding method God uses to instruct and lead you,Be ready willing and Receptive to get on board with his plan”. 

So I believe what I’m going through is just this. This is how God is reaching/leading me. 

Yesterday I posted part of my testimony in the intro page. It explains part of this. 

Edited by FieryFury

54 minutes ago, Who me said:

Why would God test you for the last eleven and a half years?

Example, you take a driving test, you either Pas or fail you are not taking the driving test for the next ten years.

It is the same with God.

I think you need to talk to your pastor about what is happening to you and get advice and/or help.

Hi, 

I have spoken to several people. 1 of my pastors believes me. Not 11 years. Only 1 1/2 yrs. 

I’ve already experienced 6 other tests similar to this 1 since 2014. This is the 7th test but it’s the longest one. This test started on Nov 1, 2019. The longest test prior to this one was in March of 2019 and it lasted 3 weeks. 

I invite you to read my testimony which I posted yesterday on the intro group. It’s not a complete testimony but part of it. 

Yesterday I found a great website called Spiritual Growing Pains and it explains much of what I’ve been experiencing. I’ll see if I can post the link. I found several different websites talking about this. I just haven’t found anyone that has experienced what I’ve been experiencing. 

Believe me, often times people look at me like I’m nuts. But I know what I’ve experienced over the last 20 years. 

check out this link: https://www.ptm.org/spiritual-growing-pains-brad-jersak

Edited by FieryFury

Guest clancy
2 hours ago, FieryFury said:

Have any of you experienced Christian growing pains and if so, what has it been like for you?

I’ve been going through a spiritual test for the last 1 1/2 years and I’ve experienced similar tests to this in the past. I’ve been on the hunt trying to find someone who has gone through something similar but... haven’t. 

I’ve been a Christian for 20 years and through those 20 years, God has used feelings/emotions to reach/speak to me. I had gone through 1 period of time, back in April 2019-Nov 2019, where I didn’t feel anything and I failed miserably and kept drifting away, but, every 3-5 days, Jesus nudged me and he did that for those months up until Nov 1, 2019 when I began experiencing another test and I’m still going through that test

I don’t want to go into too much of what I’m experiencing right now, but, I’ve prayed a lot about it and the only ‘answer’ God is giving me is ‘Just Wait’. I also know God is allowing this test bc I experience deep peace every night while in bed and it’s a comfort bc getting through the days is often excruciatingly difficult. 

I’ve been experiencing these types of ‘changes’ through the day. It has nothing to do with my mood. Many days are so hard that I feel like I won’t be able to hold on and stay faithful. I started to feel these changes back in 2002 but back then, they only lasted for a few days at a time. In December of 2018 into March of 2019, I experienced 3 of these tests, all with a different end result.

There’s a lot more to my story and what I’m experiencing but I’ll end there for now as I want to hear from some of you  

Please don’t judge me for what I’m sharing. I really haven’t found anyone that understands this or who could relate/help me with it. I share to see what others have experienced and to try to find someone who’s experienced similar 

I can relate, personally for me, I wouldn’t share it with others, I have done so in the past with other Christians, which confused me even more.

God doesn’t want me to share it with anyone, he wants me to put my trust in Him, it took me a few years to do this, with his help....I’m at peace with what I went through,I used to think it was all in my head, that’s what the enemy wanted me to think, he’s a robber....

I am getting these words for you sister/ brother.

Rest In The Lord And Wait Patiently For Him.

God does test us, I have also been tested, it’s your own journey with Him, no one can understand your journey, no more than they can understand mine, best kept between you and God...imo.

Edited by clancy

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

42 minutes ago, FieryFury said:

Hi Peter, 

Who else would be answering my prayers? 

I’ll be honest. I haven’t memorized any Scripture and I’m not sure I have seen any scripture yet that verifies what I’m experiencing  

Last summer as I was walking my dog, I started praying and asked God if he wanted me to start reading the Bible and if so, where should I start? I heard a whisper of Jeremiah so I made a stop in the woods and started reading Jeremiah. 

I’ve more recently started doing devotions at night and although I can’t think of any verses that go along with what I’m experiencing or ‘hearing’, sometimes the devotionals themselves are speaking to me and what I’m going through. 

Since I’m not sure how to post a picture onto here, I’ll just repeat a quote of something I read. “God can lead a believer one-way using one using one Method of guidance And then to lead and another believer in another totally different way because of his sovereignty. God specializes in individualized instruction.He knows what to do to get each of his children on track.No matter what guiding method God uses to instruct and lead you,Be ready willing and Receptive to get on board with his plan”. 

So I believe what I’m going through is just this. This is how God is reaching/leading me. 

Yesterday I posted part of my testimony in the intro page. It explains part of this. 

From what you write, I conclude that it is not God who leads you. God is love and there is no deception in him. You may be deceived by another man in whose teachings you place your trust and sometimes even your own imaginations, an image of a god. And we know that if the blind leads the other blind, they will fall down together. We believe in the God of the Bible and verify all thoughts and teachings with His written Word.
Your fight is a fight of Faith / Trust. The victory in this battle do not consists in succumbing to what is unclean, what is unscriptural, what is invented by men; but to resist all kinds of deceivers and to trust, trust in God (Eph 6: 12-18).

The Gospel written on the pages of the Bible is the Gospel of peace. Break your heart sincerely before the living God and beg Him for mercy. That's all God expects of you. And do not get yourself circumcised by man.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,322
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

2 hours ago, FieryFury said:

I'm not judging you. I believe your testimony. I'm accustomed to the unbelief of others with regard to my own testimony and as the Lord comforts me, let me encourage you.

You know what's true, @FieryFury. Pay no heed to those who sit in judgment over the words of your testimony, knowing what is true, good, lovely, and altogether worthwhile. How can those who don't believe judge one who does believe? We don't yoke ourselves to the unbeliever nor do we seek their approval at any time. We know this, that we are approved of Jesus Christ, for we love Him and hear His voice. Those who love the Lord will be satisfied.

I underwent the most severe trial for 20 years so I understand what it means to be tested and tried, my friend. As the Lord Himself declared,

I will bring the one-third through the fire,
Will refine them as silver is refined,
And test them as gold is tested.
They will call on My name,
And I will answer them.
I will say, ‘This is My people’;
And each one will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’

(Zechariah 13:9 NKJV)

And also the words of His apostle concerning the scourging of sons and daughters.

For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls. You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin. And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons:  

“My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord,
Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him;
For whom the Lord loves He chastens,
And scourges every son whom He receives.”

If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons. (Hebrews 12:3-7 NKJV)

Those whom the Lord chastens are received as His sons, FieryFury. How many counsel otherwise? The unbeliever does not understand that as He suffered, so do we; and so our testimony suffers the words of their hostility just as Christ suffered the hostility of sinners against Him. 

The fact that the Spirit of the living God has chastened you is a matter for rejoicing! Rejoice and be glad for His correction and discipline, secure in the knowledge that He who began a work in you is faithful to finish that work. No, I couldn't see that in the midst of the trial. The fruit of His Spirit was made manifest once the trial was complete. You're not the only one who has experienced the chastening of the Lord, so consider yourself in good company. :) 

Guest clancy
3 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

I'm not judging you. I believe your testimony. I'm accustomed to the unbelief of others with regard to my own testimony and as the Lord comforts me, let me encourage you.

You know what's true, @FieryFury. Pay no heed to those who sit in judgment over the words of your testimony, knowing what is true, good, lovely, and altogether worthwhile. How can those who don't believe judge one who does believe? We don't yoke ourselves to the unbeliever nor do we seek their approval at any time. We know this, that we are approved of Jesus Christ, for we love Him and hear His voice. Those who love the Lord will be satisfied.

I underwent the most severe trial for 20 years so I understand what it means to be tested and tried, my friend. As the Lord Himself declared,

I will bring the one-third through the fire,
Will refine them as silver is refined,
And test them as gold is tested.
They will call on My name,
And I will answer them.
I will say, ‘This is My people’;
And each one will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’

(Zechariah 13:9 NKJV)

And also the words of His apostle concerning the scourging of sons and daughters.

For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls. You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin. And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons:  

“My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord,
Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him;
For whom the Lord loves He chastens,
And scourges every son whom He receives.”

If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons. (Hebrews 12:3-7 NKJV)

Those whom the Lord chastens are received as His sons, FieryFury. How many counsel otherwise? The unbeliever does not understand that as He suffered, so do we; and so our testimony suffers the words of their hostility just as Christ suffered the hostility of sinners against Him. 

The fact that the Spirit of the living God has chastened you is a matter for rejoicing! Rejoice and be glad for His correction and discipline, secure in the knowledge that He who began a work in you is faithful to finish that work. No, I couldn't see that in the midst of the trial. The fruit of His Spirit was made manifest once the trial was complete. You're not the only one who has experienced the chastening of the Lord, so consider yourself in good company. :) 

Had to say it......Excellent post Bro!!......Praise God!

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,322
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

You're a precious sister, @clancy. You understand the fruit of the Lord's chastening because you've endured His chastening yourself. Let each one of us of count the cost, because the sharing of the testimony is a sacred thing and precious in the sight of God. Why have I shared the testimony?

It pleases the Lord that I testify. There's no shame in the marvelous works of the living God. When the unbeliever judges the testimony, I pay them no heed because I've endured much worse than their paltry unbelief and scorn in this world. When the unbeliever passes judgment, they heap hot coals upon their own head because they aren't judging me but rather, they're passing judgment upon the Lord who restored everything I lost during the trial. 

Why should I be afraid of them? I faced the threats and guns of Satan's children so I'm not afraid of the unbeliever who judges me in their insolence. :)