IGNORED

Theological Problems with God-guided Evolution

one.opinion

18 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Yes, as you will know the speed of the earth's rotation determines the duration between one evening and the next at any given line of longitude on one side of the earth in tandem with it being morning on the other side.

I don't understand what you're saying.  Sorry.

18 hours ago, Michael37 said:

The other planets rotate at different speeds, and have lesser or greater orbital distances around the sun so we can compare the earth's specifications with these and conclude that we indeed are in what scientists call "the Goldilocks Zone," neither too close nor too far from the sun, and subject to 4 seasons by reason of the earth's tilted axis.

I am hopelessly lost in your explanation.  Sorry. 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,947
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

12 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I don't understand what you're saying.  Sorry.

I am hopelessly lost in your explanation.  Sorry. 

What don't you understand?

If it's evening where you are it's morning on the otherside of the world at the same instant.

19 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

What don't you understand?

If it's evening where you are it's morning on the otherside of the world at the same instant.

Yes, I understand what you're saying.  I just don't see how you get to that understanding of the Genesis text.  @JohnR7  showed me a different translation and commentary that I wasn't aware of.  It's quite interesting.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,947
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

15 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Yes, I understand what you're saying.  I just don't see how you get to that understanding of the Genesis text.  @JohnR7  showed me a different translation and commentary that I wasn't aware of.  It's quite interesting.

The fact that every planet has a dark side and light side, a rotation and an orbit, comes to my mind whenever the discussion of the evenings and mornings in Genesis 1 crops up. That, and our planet being perfect for life.

If Earth, however, were a little closer to the sun, our planet might be like hot choking Venus. A little farther away, the Earth might be like cold arid Mars. Somehow, though, we ended up in just the right place with just the right ingredients for life to flourish. Researchers of the 1970's scratched their heads and said we were in "the Goldilocks Zone." NASA - The Goldilocks Zone

That's all.