one.opinion

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  586
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

I called in an order for thai food and will be back in an hour or so. Any more questions just post and I will answer when I return.

God Bless!

Edited by AandW_Rootbeer

8 minutes ago, AandW_Rootbeer said:

Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

You didn't answer my question.  Is this the only Old Testament you use?  Do you pick and choose to support your unbiblical positions?  What YEC Commentary are you using to get your responses?  Let me remind you, THIS TOPIC IS NOT ABOUT THE GAP THEORY.  THIS IS ABOUT GOD GUIDED EVOLUTION.

Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace

1 hour ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

You didn't answer my question.  Is this the only Old Testament you use?  Do you pick and choose to support your unbiblical positions?  What YEC Commentary are you using to get your responses?  Let me remind you, THIS TOPIC IS NOT ABOUT THE GAP THEORY.  THIS IS ABOUT GOD GUIDED EVOLUTION.

This is it pertaining to the Old Testament.   Since the Hebrew Language has been revived and the Sofars [Scribes] understand Hebrew naturally, I feel rather confident in this Version.

I don't know that I am an actual YE Follower.   But clearly, when you read the Creation Account from the Torah, it's obvious Genesis 1:1 does not mean something is Created and finished and then goes into Verse 2 with something being destroyed.

• Please stop fighting!  Thanks!  :) 1

2 hours ago, AandW_Rootbeer said:

This is it pertaining to the Old Testament.   Since the Hebrew Language has been revived and the Sofars [Scribes] understand Hebrew naturally, I feel rather confident in this Version.

I don't know that I am an actual YE Follower.   But clearly, when you read the Creation Account from the Torah, it's obvious Genesis 1:1 does not mean something is Created and finished and then goes into Verse 2 with something being destroyed.

That's called a gap.  The verbs change from create out of nothing, to make out of existing materials.  As I said, this position supports many different theological positions.  I don't see anything prohibited in the Hebrew translation except the insertion of words not in the original.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

15 hours ago, Sparks said:

Darwinian Evolution is untrue.

We observe it happening all around us, in all populations.   Remember when I said that not knowing what evolution is, was a problem for you?   It just got you again.

Yep, they do.  They have a really hard time explaining how the symbiotic relationships happened, too.  

Nope.   In fact we've directly observed them forming.   And it happened as Darwin's theory predicts.  Would you like to learn about that?

You never really get into the fine detail in our chats.  If you had, I would have challenged them.  So, why not link to one, if you think it explains your case?

Sure...

Paramecium bursaria, a single-celled eukaryote that swims around in pond water, may not have its own chloroplasts, but it does manage to “borrow” them in a rather unusual way. P. bursaria swallows photosynthetic green algae, but it stores them instead of digesting them. In fact, the normally clear paramecium can pack so many algae into its body that it even looks green! When P. bursaria swims into the light, the algae photosynthesize sugar, and both cells share lunch on the go. But P. bursaria doesn’t exploit its algae. Not only does the agile paramecium chauffeur its algae into well-lit areas, it also shares the food it finds with its algae if they are forced to live in the dark.

https://europepmc.org/article/med/785659

There's more.   Would you like to see more?

Edited by The Barbarian

8 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

That's called a gap.  The verbs change from create out of nothing, to make out of existing materials.  As I said, this position supports many different theological positions.  I don't see anything prohibited in the Hebrew translation except the insertion of words not in the original.

No, it isn't!

Verse 1 is called what God did, and Verse 2 begins with how God did it.   There are no such Gap anywhere.

It's Basically a Title about Creation and as we continue to read, we read the specifics to the Title.

• Please stop fighting!  Thanks!  :) 1

On 12/10/2021 at 4:57 PM, The Barbarian said:

I don't think you're intentionally ignoring what He said.    You've just got a new interpretation of it.   Fortunately, He doesn't care if you approve of the way He did it.

No,  I'm just accepting it as it is, without your additions,   Even a three year-old knows what a morning and evening is.

Just a minor correction to what you wrote which in no way detracts from your points.  It reads as the following indicates:

(Genesis 1:5)  And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.  [KJV]

Evening and morning, in that order.  I don't know the reason why evening and morning make a day.

Wow, Really?

I disagree with your views and you claim it is fighting?

You should not be debating if your ego is so fragile that when someone disagrees with your point of view you call that fighting.

Edited by AandW_Rootbeer

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,002
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Evening and morning, in that order.  I don't know the reason why evening and morning make a day.

There is line of longitude at which the sun sets simultaneously with its rising at the opposite line of longitude. Darkness first before light in the order of Creation.

The earth rotates away from the sun in the evening and towards the sun in the morning once per 24 hour day.

2 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

There is line of longitude at which the sun sets simultaneously with its rising at the opposite line of longitude. Darkness first before light in the order of Creation.

The earth rotates away from the sun in the evening and towards the sun in the morning once per 24 hour day.

I think I understand what you're saying.  Evening then Morning give you a 12 hour day?  A 24 hour day would be midnight to midnight or evening to evening.