Bro.Tan

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

Leaven is sin and we know that Paul says in Romans 6: 23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Now take a look at (1John: 1:10) If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. According to bible you can’t be living a sinless life, because if you make such a statement, you just lied. 

Also Paul says in (Rom. 5:13) (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. If there is no law, there is no sin! 

(1Cor. 14:37) If any man thinks himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. 

Paul didn’t come preaching and teaching his own thing, but he abided in the doctrine of Christ. (Rom. 3:20) Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sights for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

The deeds of the law is referring to the animal sacrificial laws, all those sacrifices can never remove sins, so they could never be justified. This is true because the blood of Jesus can only justify us. The animal sacrificial laws was added because people continue to sin, and the wages of sin bring for death. So instead of God killing people every time they sin, he gave Moses a law to use, animals. So by  the other law (Ten Commandments, statutes and Judgement) is the knowledge of sin. 

Paul says in    Romans 3:31   Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. You wouldn’t know what sin was if there was no law

On 6/26/2021 at 4:20 PM, appy said:

As I have said before, those who wish to observe specials days are free to do so, and those who regard every day as belonging to the Lord are free to do so.  Neither is free to declare others wrong in regard to special days or foods they eat.  Each person is free to decide for his or her own.  

Romans 14:6

Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

Colossians 2:15,16

One person regards a certain day above the others, while someone else considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

1 Corinthians 10:30, 31

If I take part in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of something I thank God for? So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

In regard to human demands and teachings where food and special observances are concerned.

2 Colossians 2:23

Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

In the Leviticus, 23rd Chapter the sabbath day and the High Holy Days which begin I believe on the new moon. Are the feast of the Lord's. These days are to be observe in their season. In Colossians 2:16-17, "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days. Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ. These feast days are the plans of God, they represent the future, with example from the past. All Holy Days are not to eat or drink, such as the atonement, but still to be observe. So this is actually what a person would say to someone who do not keep these feast day of the Lord, if they were judging them on those High and Holy Sabbath days, they were keeping. They would quoted Colossians 2: 16-17. So if you keep another day thats not written in the Bible, then you are doing something on your own, thus it would really be contradictorily. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

Any teaching becomes legalistic and displays itself as pride, and self-righteousness when we as individuals require and/ or demand others emulate as we do. Legalism concentrates on, and demands external conformity. And secretly judges others who do not do as it does. Legalism is not content to live as it sees fit, and leave others alone.

It desires to bring everyone under its system of bondage. The Apostle Paul taught that legalism is to be avoided. We are saved by God's grace and not by a system of Bondage.  We are saved by grace alone, so no man may boast in his righteousness.

Romans 14:4 (LB)
They are God’s servants, not yours. They are responsible to him, not to you. Let him tell them whether they are right or wrong. And God is able to make them do as they should.

• Well Said! 1

18 hours ago, appy said:

Any teaching becomes legalistic and displays itself as pride, and self-righteousness when we as individuals require and/ or demand others emulate as we do. Legalism concentrates on, and demands external conformity. And secretly judges others who do not do as it does. Legalism is not content to live as it sees fit, and leave others alone.

It desires to bring everyone under its system of bondage. The Apostle Paul taught that legalism is to be avoided. We are saved by God's grace and not by a system of Bondage.  We are saved by grace alone, so no man may boast in his righteousness.

They are God’s servants, not yours. They are responsible to him, not to you. Let him tell them whether they are right or wrong. And God is able to make them do as they should.

Jesus brought grace when he came in the flesh, but an example of grace was in the days of Noah. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. (Genesis 6:8), And Noah and his family was saved. Now Paul said in (Rom. 3:23-25) (v.23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (v.24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (v.25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God.

So the bible tells you to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2 :36-38). And by doing so you come up under his precious blood and then you are saved from your sins that are past, not present or future sins but for sins that are past. We were all locked under death by Adam’s sin, even the second death. But when Jesus became (he was God in the beginning) man and died for the sins of the world, he gave us access back to the tree of life (himself) which Adam had caused us to lose.

That’s what grace is, our free gift our access back to the tree of life. So by coming under the blood of Jesus you are saved from your past sins. And if you are saved now, it is on a day to day basis. Because for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God (Romans 23:3), and if you continue to live you will sin again. It is the willful sinning that you need to put in check. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. (Hebrew 10: 26, 27)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

16 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

and if you continue to live you will sin again. It is the willful sinning that you need to put in check.

If someone is erring, the Holy Spirit will immediately let them know. This is why Paul said to “let God tell a person, whether they are doing right or wrong”.

I think we have said as much as we are going to say on the subject.  There is enough in the thread to let others make their own decisions in this regard. 

1 Thessalonians 4:11
and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you,

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

On 6/21/2021 at 2:18 PM, Bro.Tan said:

who after he redeems us, tells us how the redeemed must walk to get life.

the Bible teaches it is the other way around.  He gives us the power of the Holy Spirit, the life of Christ within us, so that we are able to walk in obedience to Him. It is Christ in Me that is able to walk the walk.

17 hours ago, appy said:

If someone is erring, the Holy Spirit will immediately let them know. This is why Paul said to “let God tell a person, whether they are doing right or wrong”.

I think we have said as much as we are going to say on the subject.  There is enough in the thread to let others make their own decisions in this regard. 

1 Thessalonians 4:11
and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you,

You would have to show me that the Holy Spirit Immediately to that in the Bible.

But Paul says in 1 Corinthians 6: Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints? Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church. I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren? But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers. Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? 

17 hours ago, Willa said:

the Bible teaches it is the other way around.  He gives us the power of the Holy Spirit, the life of Christ within us, so that we are able to walk in obedience to Him. It is Christ in Me that is able to walk the walk.

Can you show me that in the Bible? I know Jesus says in John 14: 25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. 

So the Unleavened Bread we want to eat is that spiritual bread that is from Christ. Jesus says in John 6: 32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. 

I know many people believe on the name of Jesus, but you have to come to Jesus in faith and do his will as Jesus did the will of the father. One of the first things Jesus said was to repent. 

Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. 46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. 47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 48 I am that bread of life. 49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. 

Eating off this bread which is Jesus is a spiritual meal brothers and sisters. This is a daily meal we must eat consistently.  Because learning about the living God is a life long journey.  Let’s take a look at what else Jesus says in verse 53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. 

Jesus says the words he speak to us, is spirit and they are life. This is why it’s important to become a doer of the word and not just a hearer only. So we understand that drinking the blood of Jesus is the Passover and after the Passover is the Feast of Unleavened Bread, 4 These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons. 5 In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD's passover6 And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread. 7 In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. 8 But ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD seven days: in the seventh day is an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. ( Leviticus 23: 4-8)  Let’s take a look at this time is Jesus days. 

Let’s go into Matthew 27: 17 Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover? 18 And he said, Go into the city to such a man, and say unto him, The Master saith, My time is at hand; I will keep the passover at thy house with my disciples. 26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. 27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; 28 for this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. 

So Jesus died on the Passover because he is the Passover. Now, after the Passover come a High Sabbath Day, which is the feast of unleavened Bread. Let’s go to John 19: 31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

So we can see how all this ties together and how important it is to eat Unleavened Bread, that spiritual Bread that came from heaven. Now it’s good to eat physical clean Bread in general, but let’s take a look a something Jesus says in Matthew 4:  4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.