• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Zhavoney,

The truth of the matter is that the Power of the HOLY SPIRIT is not visibly present today. And reguardless of what we say or do if the power of the SPIRIT is not present it Just becomes more babel.

You must really be in a sorry state IF that is what you believe. To know Christ, to walk in His steps is not possible without the Holy Spirit. Even to understand the scriptures, which are spiritual, one must have the Holy Spirit manifesting the truth within us.

You are correct though, that WITHOUT HIM, IT IS ONLY BABEL.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Royal Member

Greetings Zahoveney,

How is it that CHRIST was able to not sin from birth until he received his fathers spirit.

Mt 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him

Who was Jesus Father? Did He inherit His spirit from Adam or the Holy Spirit? Remember when He was 12 years old - 18 years before His baptism? How do you think He was able to astound the Sanhedrin with His teaching?

I don't know what your point is here, but it appears that you don't know what you are talking about. It is pretty obvious, at least to me, that Jesus baptism was His anointing for the ministry which He was beginning to face. The same thing happened at Pentecost with the disciples. At the moment of regeneration even we receive a measure of the Holy Spirit, and as we are taught and trained, the Holy Spirit is given us in even greater measure, sometimes just like what happened at Pentecost.

You see DAD ERNIE there is a difference between being called and being chosen.

Mt 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Your point? Of the 12 Apostles that were called, 11 were "chosen". How does that fit with what you are trying to say?

Those who are chosen have no need that they should be taught by men.

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

So you think that somehow we are "magically" endowed with supernatural knowledge? I'm afraid not my friend. The Apostles spent 3 1/2 years learning at the feet of Jesus before Pentecost. Paul spent years in the desert learning from Jesus before he was set out on his ministry. Jesus once told His disciples that they could not bear or understand everything that He taught them at that time, but that when the Holy Spirit would come upon them, (at Pentecost) He would recall to their minds the things that Jesus had taught them.

For us, it takes studying to show ourselves approved, a workman unto God, rightly dividing the Word of Truth. Our "Spiritual Inspiration" does not happen "magically", it often takes years of intense study and putting into effect what we have learned at the feet of Jesus. It is what we study and are taught that the Holy Spirit recalls to our mind.

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Joh 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him

Yes, it is true that Jesus was given the spirit, NOT by measure. To all others as we grow in Christ, the Holy Spirit is able to manifest more of Himself in our lives and ministry. I think you are misinterpreting ALL the scriptures you profer here. You need to get back to the basics.

So you see the measure today is very small if not at all. In most.

It depends upon the circles you run in. There are many fully anointed men and women today, and even on this forum, IF YOU LISTEN, you will see MANY that are inspired of God and walk with Him daily.

Here are the ones who were called but not chosen.

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

2Pe 2:18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.

Jude 1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts

It is true that in the "last days", a great number of "false prophets" will be around deceiving people, and that the time is coming when men will no longer listen to sound doctrine. I hope that isn't true in your case. I hope it is just your youth and zeal that are getting in the way of your seeing the truth.

DAD ERNIE I know first hand that the POWER of the spirit of GOD is real and since you are not my work in CHRIST. Here is good council from Brother Paul.

Ro 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Now talk about arrogance, boy, you just gave yourself away Zahoveney. Paul makes it quite clear that "some plant, some water, but God gives the increase." No I will NEVER by YOUR "work", and I pray that others see the deception that you wield as well.

Now with all that said, I want to tell you that I welcome you to Worthy Boards, for here you will find some very good teachers. You are TOO young to have had much experience, and it is obvious you don't know the Word of God very well, but if you stick around, which I hope you do, you may well learn some honest to goodness truth. You are given two eyes and two ears to observe with. Remember you only have ONE mouth, and most of the time when you are young, you should keep it shut.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Guest shadow2b

Those who are chosen have no need that they should be taught by men.

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

So you think that somehow we are "magically" endowed with supernatural knowledge? I'm afraid not my friend. The Apostles spent 3 1/2 years learning at the feet of Jesus before Pentecost. Paul spent years in the desert learning from Jesus before he was set out on his ministry. Jesus once told His disciples that they could not bear or understand everything that He taught them at that time, but that when the Holy Spirit would come upon them, (at Pentecost) He would recall to their minds the things that Jesus had taught them.

For us, it takes studying to show ourselves approved, a workman unto God, rightly dividing the Word of Truth. Our "Spiritual Inspiration" does not happen "magically", it often takes years of intense study and putting into effect what we have learned at the feet of Jesus. It is what we study and are taught that the Holy Spirit recalls to our mind.

-DAD--I am amazed at your knowledge & perception of the scriptures--

-YOU are quite well versed & know whereof you speak---I agree that this young

-man is just that----YOUNG!!!!-I would really like to listen & learn from you Brother

-I only have one minor dis-agreement with you----YOU are TOO--ahh well i'm just

-gonna go ahead & say it--you're just TOO cotton-pickin sarcastic--when anyone

-dis-agrees with you.& even sometimes the same with those that agree with your

-teachings--Could you NOT reach more young folks--& older as well IF you would

-just SOFTEN your words somewhat??WHY do your posts have to be SO mean-

-spirited??--YOU have a great deal of knowledge & I would LOVE to just listen &

-ask a question or two ever now & then..BUT dedgum Bro.WHY so much animosity?

-I'M not being sarcsastic or mean-spirited towards you--That is NOT my intent.....

-MY intent is to LEARN--& most of those posting on this topic just want to talk as

-brothers & sisters---I think??-WE all could have a very nice cordial discussion here

-IF we can get past the sarcasm--the name calling{which will come IF we continue

-in this manner??}PLEASE as a Brother just lighten up a bit & help us LEARN--DAD-

- :wub::t2::P :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: GOD-BLESS--BRO. :rofl: :hug: Gary-

Greetings Shadow,

I think??-WE all could have a very nice cordial discussion here

-IF we can get past the sarcasm--the name calling{which will come IF we continue

-in this manner??}PLEASE as a Brother just lighten up a bit & help us LEARN--DAD

This is why I Love You Bro. AT LEAST, you are willing to give an ear and to ACTUALLY discuss these matters. Have you read the responses I have been getting to my posts regarding Eschatology? My "sarcasm" appears when I ask questions to which no response is given. My "sarcasm" appears when the scriptures are plainly laid out, but several here completely IGNOR what THEY are saying. Instead they say that I AM TWISTING THE SCRIPTURES to suit my false beliefs.

I honestly do try not to respond "IN KIND", but I do get a bit "sarcastic" or "strident" in my tones when dealing with this kind of "snobbishness".

As you have seen, I temper my posts to those who are willing to learn or even discuss civily. But blatant DISRESPECT & DISCOURTESY makes it awfully hard to be KIND to those who persist in even the least of civility.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Brad is that you? :t2:

Brad Posted: Jan 25 2004, 11:43 PM

Guest shadow2b
-I honestly do try not to respond "IN KIND", but I do get a bit "sarcastic" or "strident" in my tones when dealing with this kind of "snobbishness".

As you have seen, I temper my posts to those who are willing to learn or even discuss civily. But blatant DISRESPECT & DISCOURTESY makes it awfully hard to be KIND to those who persist in even the least of civility.

-Thank you very much DAD--I know you do try ta teach in the most friendly & civil

-manner--I am MOST proud of that & i am very honored to sit & learn from you---

-Since you are a mite "more"mature than most of us here & just figger that you

-can overlook most of the slights & incivility towards you & continue to teach in

-spite of "some"childishness{mostly from me}for which I do apologize.....

-With all that being said I will try to contain my sarcasm & any slights I might have

-offended you with in the past & just try to learn more than I"think"I might know

-now----I have learned that I can be "Wrong"sometimes- :t2: gee that's

-embarrassing too. :t2::D:D:P Now I'M gonna have to go back & read all the

-posts again so I'LL know where we are at---GOD-BLESS--------

--yo-ever larrnin Bro..Gary-- :D:D

Guest shadow2b
:D  :D  :x:  :D  :P

-I bet your probably going to go to Judea too, so you can run for the hills, huh?--  :t2:  :t2:  ;)  :D  ;)

-WeLLLLLL,by dawwggies--Kev. I reckon me & you both iZ jest gonna haff to pertecK each other in spite of tha above post----I reckon- ;););)

-A-maze-in------ aint it?? :D:D:P :oww: :hug: :hug: